Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Persistant calls from 01 765 2760

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

"A member of the eir team was trying to reach you to discuss your eir service. They will call you back shortly. Thank You for using eir" ???

I am not using eir. I am not using eir and there is no need to discuss eir service as there is no eir in my household :)

I only have a Meteor bill pay phone, no broadband or any other service from eir.

Could I ask to be removed from 017652760 phone calls list, please?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

wonski wrote: »
    "A member of the eir team was trying to reach you to discuss your eir service. They will call you back shortly. Thank You for using eir" ???

I am not using eir. I am not using eir and there is no need to discuss eir service as there is no eir in my household :)

I only have a Meteor bill pay phone, no broadband or any other service from eir.

Could I ask to be removed from 017652760 phone calls list, please?

Thanks.
    Hi wonski

This number is also used in calling Meteor customers, if you wish to be removed please PM me your number and PIN :)It takes up to 30 days.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭james1234

Alan,

I am being harassed again by calls from this number.
    I have had my number "removed" from the Eir/com calling list upon request in a previous thread. Why are they trying to contact me again?

James

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

james1234 wrote: »
    Alan,

I am being harassed again by calls from this number.
    I have had my number "removed" from the Eir/com calling list upon request in a previous thread. Why are they trying to contact me again?

James
    You're forgetting the important fact which is that Eircom (oops Eir :rolleyes:) don't care about you or your requests.
    I'll refer you back to my post from last month...
    kbannon wrote: »
    My own experience with Eircon was that despite repeated promises to be removed from their marketing databases, I would find them calling me again a few days later.
    A similar frequency of door to door calls would also occur.
    Cue a letter to their data protection officer instructing him to finally remove me from their databases or face a charge of €10000 per call.
    The calls stopped!

If they want to talk to you then let them do so at a cost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

james1234 wrote: »
    Alan,

I am being harassed  again  by calls from this number.
    I have had my number "removed" from the Eir/com  calling list upon request in a previous thread. Why are they trying to contact me again?

James
    I'm really sorry to hear this james1234 - I will review the previos request and ensure this does not happen again.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭nicnac

I am a meteor customer and have ALWAYS been ex directory and have my account flagged as NOT to recieve any sort of marketing calls. 
    I am being bombarded with calls from this number even though I have requested several times to have my number removed from whatever dialler it has been added to.

I am in the process of writing a lengthy complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner and also Comreg. This also involves a request via the Freedom of Information Act for all transcripts of calls to Meteor customer service. I am not and have never been an Eircom customer, ever, so as far as I am concerned, Meteor have shared my information regardless of my requests to be excluded from marketing.

Be prepared for a hefty fine because I'm fed up with being disrupted in work with these calls. I have my phone on should the creche need to call me - that is it! Its not for random Eircom calls!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

nicnac wrote: »
    I am a meteor customer and have ALWAYS been ex directory and have my account flagged as NOT to recieve any sort of marketing calls. 
    I am being bombarded with calls from this number even though I have requested several times to have my number removed from whatever dialler it has been added to.

I am in the process of writing a lengthy complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner and also Comreg. This also involves a request via the Freedom of Information Act for all transcripts of calls to Meteor customer service. I am not and have never been an Eircom customer, ever, so as far as I am concerned, Meteor have shared my information regardless of my requests to be excluded from marketing.

Be prepared for a hefty fine because I'm fed up with being disrupted in work with these calls. I have my phone on should the creche need to call me - that is it! Its not for random Eircom calls!!

Hi nicnac,

I have responded to you on your other thread. I'll continue to respond on this so that two threads are not open.

Thanks

Tracey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

Don't bother with ComReg, they are useless and (in my view) work alongside the telecom industry so that they face no consequence (only the odd 'slap on the wrist' tiny fine) - change your provider to someone else, that's what I did after getting tired of this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭nicnac

Changing provider would make no difference if you want to retain your phone number.
    My contract is up in August, so I'll address it again then. 

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

nicnac wrote: »

You need to do some reading. You cant serve Eir with an FOI request, they arent a state body. 

Its DP protection legislation that entitles you to any info they have about you. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭whoami1

Please advise me of which eir representative to PM to also remove me from your marketing caller list. I thought I had already requested this before, but must be mistaken.

You're likely not mistaken, because Eir keep adding you back to the marketing list again and again and again...

For me, this problem was not resolved, until I switched to a different network - at which point, I never received this problem again.

So, I advise anyone repeatedly experiencing this problem, to switch to a different network provider - otherwise (based on my own past experience) you will keep on ending up on the same marketing list time after time after time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

whoami1 wrote: »
    Please advise me of which eir representative to PM to also remove me from your marketing caller list. I thought I had already requested this before, but must be mistaken.
    Hi whoami1,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Please feel free to PM me your account number and I'll arrange this :)

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭whoami1

PM sent...

whoami1 wrote: »
    PM sent...
    Thanks whoami1,
    I'm just going through my PM's now and will be back to you shortly.

-Pamela 

Well there's a co-incidence, only a couple of days after seeing and replying to this, just got a call from this number on the house phone now...not a problem on my mobile now that I've switched provider, but still a problem on the house phone - and I fúcking know that I called them, to remove me from the marketing list before.

This is pretty ridiculous - they obviously are mass-calling people in this manner, and there isn't even anything on the other end of the fúcking phone when you answer - and they just keep adding you back to the list every time, completely wasting your time and insulting your intelligence by lying to you, only to repeat the same bullshít again in the future.

Any claim of an opt-out, is effectively a lie from them - where they just add you back to the marketing list again later (and don't even bother replying to me, from the banal customer service script, claiming the opposite...when I know from experience that it's a lie, it's just insulting to repeat the same nonsense to me).

The only way to solve this problem apparently, is to switch to another provider - so I recommend that people who are bothered by this, to arrange switching provider.

Well there's a co-incidence, only a couple of days after seeing and replying to this, just got a call from this number on the house phone now...not a problem on my mobile now that I've switched provider, but still a problem on the house phone - and I fúcking know that I called them, to remove me from the marketing list before.

This is pretty ridiculous - they obviously are mass-calling people in this manner, and there isn't even anything on the other end of the fúcking phone when you answer - and they just keep adding you back to the list every time, completely wasting your time and insulting your intelligence by lying to you, only to repeat the same bullshít again in the future.

Any claim of an opt-out, is effectively a lie from them - where they just add you back to the marketing list again later (and don't even bother replying to me, from the banal customer service script, claiming the opposite...when I know from experience that it's a lie, it's just insulting to repeat the same nonsense to me).

The only way to solve this problem apparently, is to switch to another provider - so I recommend that people who are bothered by this, to arrange switching provider.
    Hi KomradeBishop,

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way, I can assure you once we remove an account from this list it would not be re applied as to reapply your details an order would need to be placed on the account.
    Please feel free to PM me your account number and I will place an order on your account to remove these details.

-Pamela 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Email comreg telling them that after opting out Eir have cold called you. The rules are very straight forward and if comreg get enough complaints they can take action.

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way, I can assure you once we remove an account from this list it would not be re applied as to reapply your details an order would need to be placed on the account.
    Please feel free to PM me your account number and I will place an order on your account to remove these details.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,
    This is complete bull.
    Either that or every single eircom representative both in-person and over the phone is a liar.
    I requested to be removed from all lists (i.e. receive no communication) but never once did this happen until I wrote threatening to charge for each call.
    Sort yourselves out!

kbannon wrote: »

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,
    This is complete bull.
    Either that or every single eircom representative both in-person and over the phone is a liar.
    I requested to be removed from all lists (i.e. receive no communication) but never once did this happen until I wrote threatening to charge for each call.
    Sort yourselves out!
    Hi kbannon,

When you submit a request to change your contact preferences this would immediately submitted however it up to 30 days to remove you from all dialling lists.

-Pamela

• Advertisement

Hi kbannon,

When you submit a request to change your contact preferences this would immediately submitted however it up to 30 days to remove you from all dialling lists.

-Pamela
    Pamela, I was promised by many of your colleagues over many years that I would be removed from all databases.
    I was not removed. They all lied to me.
    Plagued by Winback reps, I eventually wrote to (IIRC) Gareth Davies and hand delivered the letter to HSQ.
    The harassment only then stopped.
    So, what has changed since I wrote to Gareth given that your policy has allegedly changed (but based on other posts in this thread don't seem to have)?

my3cents wrote: »

Email comreg telling them that after opting out Eir have cold called you. The rules are very straight forward and if comreg get enough complaints they can take action.
    Unfortunately, I've dealt with ComReg before on other matters (and yes, with Eircom...long history of shít with this company, they are never held to account...), and their sole purpose is to give the superficial appearance of regulating the telecom industry (i.e. just the odd 'slap on the wrist' fine every now and then) - while remaining completely ineffective/inactive, to let telecom companies get away with pretty much anything they like.

my3cents wrote: »

Unfortunately, I've dealt with ComReg before on other matters (and yes, with Eircom...long history of shít with this company, they are never held to account...), and their sole purpose is to give the superficial appearance of regulating the telecom industry (i.e. just the odd 'slap on the wrist' fine every now and then) - while remaining completely ineffective/inactive, to let telecom companies get away with pretty much anything they like.
    I've had much more luck with comreg, at least a discount off my bill and someone chasing up the issue every day until it was solved on Eircoms side. But the same problem shouldn't have occurred 3 times.

The reason why I say report the issue to comreg is Eir deserve the same treatment as Yourtel - Court fines phone company €5k for cold calling, one customer had asked five times to opt out .

I'm glad you had success with ComReg, but that 5k is what I mean by 'slap on the wrist' fines. The company likely profited way more from the cold calls, than 5k.

The way ComReg needs to do fines, is to make them based on a percentage of a companies profits - 0.1% for first offence, 1% for second, 10% for the next etc. - otherwise there is no actual deterrent, because it's still more profitable for these companies to just eat the occasional fine.

In one quarter, Eir made €120 million recently for instance - a 0.1% fine on that would be 120k, or rather 480k if the fine would cover the yearly profits.

5k is less than nothing really - it's a complete joke - an insult of a fine, to the people who actually spent the time and effort dealing with ComReg and jumping through all the hoops, just to get a stupid 5k fine in.

I'm glad you had success with ComReg, but that 5k is what I mean by 'slap on the wrist' fines. The company likely profited way more from the cold calls, than 5k.

The way ComReg needs to do fines, is to make them based on a percentage of a companies profits - 0.1% for first offence, 1% for second, 10% for the next etc. - otherwise there is no actual deterrent, because it's still more profitable for these companies to just eat the occasional fine.

In one quarter, Eir made €120 million recently for instance - a 0.1% fine on that would be 120k, or rather 480k if the fine would cover the yearly profits.

5k is less than nothing really - it's a complete joke - an insult of a fine, to the people who actually spent the time and effort dealing with ComReg and jumping through all the hoops, just to get a stupid 5k fine in.
    I think the deterrent is partly in the press getting a juicy story about a telecoms company breaking the rules. 

That's never been a deterrent though - the telecoms industry in Ireland acts like a cartel, with each operator happy to fúck over customers, knowing that their competition will do the same, and knowing that ComReg won't do anything about it - so they don't have to care about their reputations.

It's hard to find a mobile or broadband provider in this country, who do not end up screwing around with customers in one way or another - Eir just particularly takes the piss, well above the others at times.

It's too lucrative an industry, for it to be allowed to operate fairly - that's probably why the enforcement of regulation is so neutered and weak.

Advertisement