Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom direct debit

Options
  • 25-03-2014 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭

Been ringing eircom all day long twice after waiting 20 mins the agent put me on hold again only for the line to go dead im not sure if this is policy or not. Anyway i had a direct debit with eircom this last 8 months or more and every month it came out the last 2 days of the month.
    Except on feb i left the money in for the bill and for some reason the direct debit wasnt applied for till the 6th of march .Unfortunately i has mistakenly withdrawn the money on the 5th and wasnt sure what happened with the bill or why it wasnt taken. I then received a bill today which showed a failed dd charged on 6th of march 15 euro another one they applied for on the 11th altogether with vat then on top of it charges of around 40 euro or more possibly for the failed dd.
    After i finally got through to eircom today the girl told me it was the bank as she looked it up and eircom applied for the dd on the 24th of feb and told the bank they would be taking it on the 28th.
    I rang the bank the bank told me she this was definetely incorrect and eircom only made one application for dd which was on the 5th of march .I am drained to be honest phoning people all day and getting nowhere been made to wait then lied to theres probably some small print somewhere that allows eircom to take the dd whenever they want but its very poor treatment of their customers .
    Im not sure if this is the right forum but i would warn people about using eircom as this seems very sneaky and underhand purposely coming late for the dd so they can overcharge me.Also it seems bad business for them as i cant pay this ridiculous bill i got now and will just have to cancel my direct debit as i couldnt run the risk of this again with a window ranging of nearly 2 weeks between when they might come for the dd seems crazy and then charges of 40 or more for missing it .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

amkin25 wrote: »
    Been ringing eircom all day long twice after waiting 20 mins the agent put me on hold again only for the line to go dead im not sure if this is policy or not. Anyway i had a direct debit with eircom this last 8 months or more and every month it came out the last 2 days of the month.
    Except on feb i left the money in for the bill and for some reason the direct debit wasnt applied for till the 6th of march .Unfortunately i has mistakenly withdrawn the money on the 5th and wasnt sure what happened with the bill or why it wasnt taken. I then received a bill today which showed a failed dd charged on 6th of march 15 euro another one they applied for on the 11th altogether with vat then on top of it charges of around 40 euro or more possibly for the failed dd.
    After i finally got through to eircom today the girl told me it was the bank as she looked it up and eircom applied for the dd on the 24th of feb and told the bank they would be taking it on the 28th.
    I rang the bank the bank told me she this was definetely incorrect and eircom only made one application for dd which was on the 5th of march .I am drained to be honest phoning people all day and getting nowhere been made to wait then lied to theres probably some small print somewhere that allows eircom to take the dd whenever they want but its very poor treatment of their customers .
    Im not sure if this is the right forum but i would warn people about using eircom as this seems very sneaky and underhand purposely coming late for the dd so they can overcharge me.Also it seems bad business for them as i cant pay this ridiculous bill i got now and will just have to cancel my direct debit as i couldnt run the risk of this again with a window ranging of nearly 2 weeks between when they might come for the dd seems crazy and then charges of 40 or more for missing it .

[font=Times New Roman","serif]HI amkin25

I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience this has caused and sincerely apologise for this. There have been a few issues surrounding direct debits lately and this has been recognised as wider known issues within eircom. A special helpline has been created where all queries in relation to the direct debit issues will need to be raised to however I do know that all invalid payments will be refunded. The number for the Direct debit helpline is free phone 1800 303 432.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

Advertisement