Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Advice

Options
  • 25-03-2014 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

Hi,

What institution would be the best to apply for a mortgage from, lets say 100,000, over 20 to 30 year period.

I would also like to be able to over pay the loan, at times when I have extra cash, so what type of mortgage would also be best for this?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

A standard variable rate is best if you wish to make additional payments.

As to which institution, a bank or building society. Find out which ones will lend to you and go with the one you find most convenient and has the best rates. I think kbc and ptsb have the best rates, boi and aib might be easier to deal with etc

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

Depends on a few factors e.g. size of deposit / proof of savings, LTV ratio, your previous credit history etc. It's a big, big commitment so you should do your due diligence and shop around to as many institutions as you can to determine the best rate. Choosing to stay variable will allow you to make over-payments.

Advertisement