Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business electricity cost

Options
  • 25-03-2014 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Can someone advice me on the cost of electricity for business thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Contact the energy companies there are a variety of tariffs and costs then see who comes out cheapest. You are never going to get an accurate answer here without telling us a lot more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭purethick

It's painful trying to contact these companies - they mostly take a note of your MPRN, say they'll call you back and then of course never do.
    Welcome to doing business in Ireland :rolls_eyes:

I'll share the info that I got for a 24 hour meter, single phase, urban based on 7,000kw/h usage per year;

Electric Ireland: 0.5530/day 0.1538kw/h = €1,278 per year + VAT
    Energia: 0.635/day 0.1521kw/h = €1,296 per year + VAT
    SSE Airtricity: website gives a 404 on this link, have emailed them and they haven't bothered calling me back
    Bord Gais: filled out the form requesting a callback. Guess what, they haven't bothered calling me back.

Advertisement