Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This has just caught my attention

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girl24

Also know of a duplex gone sale agreed for 240k, last year highest offer was around 170k for same unit so big increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

Yeah, I know people will argue this point with me but I always maintained that the prices we were seeing over the last few years did not really reflect the actual value of the properties. You could have advertised something at 130 and still not sold it. Everyone was just waiting for the bottom regardless of the asking prices. Now that they buyers are back we are seeing what the real value is.

I wouldn't necessarily call it an increase, just a true reflection of the value. Prices will continue to go up but only slightly.

Have been talking to some real estate agents about selling my own place and they are suggesting your only looking at 6-8 weeks to make a sale in current market and there are queues of people looking to buy, trying to get in at the bottom but the flip side if that now the market has turned people are reluctant to sell as they want to hold out for more!!! The 'greed' is back!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Shazerina

Robertr wrote: »
    Yeah, I know people will argue this point with me but I always maintained that the prices we were seeing over the last few years did not really reflect the actual value of the properties. You could have advertised something at 130 and still not sold it. Everyone was just waiting for the bottom regardless of the asking prices. Now that they buyers are back we are seeing what the real value is.

I wouldn't necessarily call it an increase, just a true reflection of the value. Prices will continue to go up but only slightly.

Have been talking to some real estate agents about selling my own place and they are suggesting your only looking at 6-8 weeks to make a sale in current market and there are queues of people looking to buy, trying to get in at the bottom but the flip side if that now the market has turned people are reluctant to sell as they want to hold out for more!!! The 'greed' is back!

Our 3bed mid terrace went online on a Monday, 7 viewers booked in for the Tuesday evening, offer made over asking price at viewing, bettered on Wednesday morning. Sale agreed Wednesday lunchtime, deposit paid Thursday morning. This was last July in dublin 12. Priced our house realistically. Decided on a figure we wanted and got more in the end. Enabled us to go sale agreed on our new house in Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Robertr wrote: »

Bang on really! When properties reach near or below their build cost! Then it's bottomed!

Advertisement