Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inefficient, unjust market

Options
  • 25-03-2014 8:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38

Can't/won't pay your mortgage? No problem. There's a myriad of leftie agencies who'll plead your case.

Can't/won't pay your rent? No problem. There's a myriad of state-funded bureaucracies who'll come down on you like a ton of bricks if you dare try to put a thieving sponger tenant's belongings out on the street.

Can't pay your rent? Not my problem. Go talk to the CWO who is paid by the taxpayer to keep you in the life you've become accustomed to.

Can't/don't want to pay your bills? Your problem is not mine -- bad decisions/poor planning leads to bad outcomes. Even if you get a court judgement, you can't recover your debt because the sheriff is totally impotent. Personal debts? Forget about it. Business debt? Very hard difficult to recover your money. I have a cowboy who owes me €500 since last September and there's SFA I can do about it. And he knows it.

My mortgage in the UK is paid at 2.7%. Even though the base rates are the same, my Irish mortage is paid at 4.5% -- why? It costs money to house spongers who hole themselves up in your property. We live in a cowboy country where you latch on to whatever teet you can get your mouth around and hang on for dear life. F*ck everyone else.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Grand stretch in the evenings though, thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,534 ✭✭✭✭ted1

My mortgage in the UK is paid at 2.7%. Even though the base rates are the same, my Irish mortage is paid at 4.5% -- why? It costs money to house spongers who hole themselves up in your property. We live in a cowboy country where you latch on to whatever teet you can get your mouth around and hang on for dear life. F*ck everyone else.

RBS rates in england are about 4.3%
    http://personal.rbs.co.uk/personal/mortgages.html

did you take out a tracker?

Next time before you rant, do some research.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭marathonic

ted1 wrote: »
    RBS rates in england are about 4.3%
    http://personal.rbs.co.uk/personal/mortgages.html

did you take out a tracker?

Next time before you rant, do some research.

HSBC are still offering lifetime tracker mortgages at 1.99% though (1.49% above base rate).

Ulster Bank NI do a 5-year fix at 60% LTV for 2.88% (albeit with an arrangement fee of £995).

Ulster Bank Ireland do a 5-year fix at 5.25%.

The rant above is ridiculous - but so are the differences in rates between Ireland and the UK.

It's nothing to do with the government though. It has more to do with the banks requirements to use other products to subsidize their tracker loan books.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

OP this is a discussion site, not a place to vent. There are plenty of free blogs if you wish to air your views.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement