Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eirtext App?

• 25-03-2014 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was looking at the Eirtext app to use with the new Mymeteor but doesn't look like working so I decided to check Itunes but looks like the Eirtext app is not longer there.

Did anyone heard what happened or any ideas when it was taking down, will try to contact seller to see what happened to it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

http://support.appsandwich.com/support-eirtext.html
    '• Please note that EirText is no longer supported.'

Developer is no longer providing support for it, so it's been removed from iTunes store. It's still working for existing users with Meteor & 02 but not on Three (don't know about the others), but it's only a matter of time before it stops working with those also.

There's always JellySMS which is an excellent app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭mar1us

Great news ... :( i can't remember exactly but that app cost me about 4 euro and now "no longer supported" i admit didn't read t&c but should be something about this kind of situations,what about if it happens with other more expensive apps ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

In fairness, that's not Vinny's fault. That happens with most pieces of software. Eventually the developers stop releasing updates. The difference is that, barring any changes externally, they should continue to work. The reason Eirtext stops working with various networks is that they changed something in the webtext infrastructure. I suspect that in the age of all inclusive data plans, iMessage, whatsapp etc. Eirext wasn't especially viable, so to continue to update it, even though the money being raised from it was probably negligible, probably didn't make sense. I paid the price for it a few years ago and I feel I've had value for money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Another point is once an app is been paid for how long should we expect to get updates for free., I think if other apps like JellySMS can make changes to their apps to work without many problems when a change is made in the networks, Eirtext should be able to do the same, specially when they are paid apps.

Advertisement