Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old PPI claim..can I?

Options
  • 25-03-2014 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

Apparently if you're loan was pre-2007, it becomes more difficult to chase it yourself. I wonder in that case is it best to employ the services of one of these companies?

I took out a car loan in 2000 on a 2 year old import. 60 month term. Because of the length of the loan, the bank insisted on PPI. Plus I recall asking about unemployment and they said it coudl be used if I lost my job. well, I did, and I couldn't. I had to be made 'redundant', not let go as I was (sales).

So I think that using a company such as this would be good idea versus battling myself?

For a minute, I couldn't recall the account number. And then it flashed into my head. Because 2 years after I sold the car, I was still paying down 7K and remember those bank trips so well....

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Apparently if you're loan was pre-2007, it becomes more difficult to chase it yourself. I wonder in that case is it best to employ the services of one of these companies?

I took out a car loan in 2000 on a 2 year old import. 60 month term. Because of the length of the loan, the bank insisted on PPI. Plus I recall asking about unemployment and they said it coudl be used if I lost my job. well, I did, and I couldn't. I had to be made 'redundant', not let go as I was (sales).

So I think that using a company such as this would be good idea versus battling myself?

For a minute, I couldn't recall the account number. And then it flashed into my head. Because 2 years after I sold the car, I was still paying down 7K and remember those bank trips so well....

I might be wrong, but I think its only PPI sold from 2007 that qualify for it. I don't think you can do anything about it if it was before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I might be wrong, but I think its only PPI sold from 2007 that qualify for it. I don't think you can do anything about it if it was before that.

Hi thanks. Yes, going it alone could be tough viz the bank and the Financial Ombudsman. So I've given it to Stanton Fisher to see how they get on. No problem giving 33% for something I can't fight on my own.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Hi thanks. Yes, going it alone could be tough viz the bank and the Financial Ombudsman. So I've given it to Stanton Fisher to see how they get on. No problem giving 33% for something I can't fight on my own.

best of luck with it, I haven't heard of anyone in Ireland managing to get anything back before 2007, but hopefully you will!
    The Financial Ombudsman takes forever to deal with complaints, so hopefully you don't have to wait so long through these guys!

Advertisement