Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best network to buy Iphone 5s

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

guil wrote: »
    Just looking at 48. You're not comparing like for like really. That €20 offer includes 60 mins of landline calls. Whilst it probably suits you perfect it isn't like for like.

I don't know the last time I rang a land line. The unlimited mobile calls and texts does me! Also if it was upto me I'd get a loan too buy the phone knowing I'd be €600quid better off over 2 years! If it was only a saving of 50 I'd understand but €600 is huge!

Tesco and 48 (who use the same hardware) used to be capped at 2Mb down but this was removed back in November. Around that time I did a speed test in Kilmore and got 14.21 down and 2.2 up. At the moment, here in Fairview, I'm getting 7.11 down and 1.25 up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

All depends on the individual. I recently moved to Vodafone and got a 5s free on red super I think. It's unlimited calls and texts and 6 gb data plus 500 international mins and texts. For me it's perfect cos I use the phone an awful lot and have family in Australia.

I was on emobiles top plan for €84 a month with €10 discount for having eircom bb. My bills were rarely under €95. Now with Vodafone I'm getting it all on for €75 a month.

Wow, I'm amazed that people would spend €75-84 on a non business phone.
    It's a 2 year contract and I can get another phone for free if I give this back to them in a year or pay a fee and get a fee to get the upgrade early.

I've rarely used any apps for talking cos my brother never bothered with a smart phone. That's why the free international calls is a big bonus for me.

Do you really think that phone is free? Also your international calls are not free when you're paying such a high monthly fee.
    I'd rather be sim free but I just don't have €700 spare to buy an iPhone from apple so one on a contract suits me and my usage perfect.

You would have €700 to spare if you chaged.

Out of contract now and I'm paying €30 per month with Meteor for all calls, texts and data.
    When I was in contract and was paying for the phone it was €50 so that's around €280 a year cheaper than your package and will almost cover cost of new phone when out this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I realise that I'm paying for the phone throughout the contract but my point is I haven't the money to buy an iPhone straight from apple and doubt I will anytime soon so this is the best option available to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

I just worked out I would spend over 1100 euro on bills plus 500plus for phone on meteor!!! This is way too expensive.

• Advertisement

DonFred wrote: »
    I just worked out I would spend over 1100 euro on bills plus 500plus for phone on meteor!!! This is way too expensive.

Buy the phone from apple! Simples

Yeah it works out lot cheaper just finding the money to buy the phone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

And 48 have crashed a good few times over the last year, sometimes being down for an entire day! Had to leave them, went to O2 and havent looked back

And 48 have crashed a good few times over the last year, sometimes being down for an entire day! Had to leave them, went to O2 and havent looked back

I'm with them 12 months 3 crashes! 1 brought down o2 for 2 hours. One for about 2-3 hours n 1 over night 8pm too 8am. Very annoying but I stuck with them as I belive it's the best deal out there! I run a soccer team and spend stupid hours a week texting and ringing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

DonFred wrote: »

What plan are you looking at that would cost that much and so expensive up front?

• Advertisement

cant remember exactly which plan but thing it was 40 something a month over 2 years and something like 560 for phone

Advertisement