Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast serving free range egg's - grasfton st area - where?

Options
  • 25-03-2014 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭

anyone know of anywhere that serves free range egg's for b'fast?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Bewleys I would think, check their website, it should say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Avoca on Suffolk at. Again, check their website. Edit, I'd say most eateries around the area would use free range eggs. But Avoca is the best for breakfast, you can go with their huge portioned ones or order a couple of sides and share.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Cornucopia on Wicklow St

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Isn't free range one of those terms like organic, that aren't legally protected? So anyone can say their produce is ethically sourced, organic and free ranged and it means very little to say so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

sporina wrote: »
    anyone know of anywhere that serves free range egg's for b'fast?

Would you really believe it if they say they do ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Isn't free range one of those terms like organic, that aren't legally protected? So anyone can say their produce is ethically sourced, organic and free ranged and it means very little to say so.

Organic and free range are both legally protected.

Free range isn't necessarily what people assume though. The requirements are that adult birds are kept in houses with daily access to an uncovered outdoor area weather permitting. The minimum outdoor space requirement is 2 square feet (0.19 square meters) per bird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

reprazant wrote: »
    Organic and free range are both legally protected.
    No, the use of IOFGA and Organic Trust logos on a label is protected. The word "organic" isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

The Farm on Dawson Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭sporina

the proof is in the pudding when it comes to whether or not eggs are free range or not!

anyone in the know - when restaurants do not use free range eggs, do they mostly use liquid egg or something like that? The last time I had eggs out I forgot to ask whether or not they were free range and it was such a chore to eat them.. they were so anemic and like rubber.. and dry.. gross..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

the proof is in the pudding when it comes to whether or not eggs are free range or not!

anyone in the know - when restaurants do not use free range eggs, do they mostly use liquid egg or something like that? The last time I had eggs out I forgot to ask whether or not they were free range and it was such a chore to eat them.. they were so anemic and like rubber.. and dry.. gross..

Do you not think that may have more to do with who cooked them and how they were cooked, than the mental well being of the chicken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

You can generally tell by the colour - the more it leans towards orange the better the quality. Yellow and pale lemon is not so good.

What restaurant did you go to? Were the eggs good?

John_Rambo wrote: »
    What restaurant did you go to? Were the eggs good?

sorry i do not understand the question?
    i have eaten really great free range eggs both at home and out… regardless of how they are cooked that are really yellow and taste fresh..

i do not wanna name the place in dublin where i had bad eggs as i like the place - i just won't go there for eggs.

sorry i do not understand the question?

Normally on the Dublin City forum people thank people for taking the time to make recommendations and suggestions when it comes to restaurants and eateries!! Then they do a little review on the restaurant, some feedback for other future visitors... :-)

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Normally on the Dublin City forum people thank people for taking the time to make recommendations and suggestions when it comes to restaurants and eateries!! Then they do a little review on the restaurant, some feedback for other future visitors... :-)

cool wen i find a place that serves good scrambled eggs i will let you know..

oh Odessa is class but not what I am looking for on this occasion..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

cool wen i find a place that serves good scrambled eggs i will let you know..

Pepperpot! They have the bestest, creamiest, fluffiest scrambled eggs ever...

Advertisement