Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horse from welfare

Options
  • 26-03-2014 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Trying to get a horse for young lad for summer - think it would be nice to get one from a welfare place - kid has 5 yrs experience with horse's and will be a loving caring owner am on the list at one place but feel we are getting the run around a bit - are there many welfare places looking for decent responsible owners if so where? Have full time livery available- thks

Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Hi
    Trying to get a horse for young lad for summer - think it would be nice to get one from a welfare place - kid has 5 yrs experience with horse's and will be a loving caring owner am on the list at one place but feel we are getting the run around a bit - are there many welfare places looking for decent responsible owners if so where? Have full time livery available- thks

Paddy

I know the majority wont give a horse or pony for summer months
    They want people to confirm to a lifetime committment.
    I looked into this a few yrs back
    I had land that needed grazing and i offered to take some horses from a welfare to graze land.
    It was close to me at home and i had one of my own on it at the time however they did not want this

If not try out a few places put up adds etc saying experience of the young lad and where it be.kept. etc
    I do see lots of ponies for loan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

monflat wrote: »
    I know the majority wont give a horse or pony for summer months
    They want people to confirm to a lifetime committment.
    I looked into this a few yrs back
    I had land that needed grazing and i offered to take some horses from a welfare to graze land.
    It was close to me at home and i had one of my own on it at the time however they did not want this

If not try out a few places put up adds etc saying experience of the young lad and where it be.kept. etc
    I do see lots of ponies for loan

Thks I meant from this summer for long term

Thks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Thks I meant from this summer for long term

Thks

Oh right
    Well ihwt and ispca victor dowling centre in mallow are the main ones
    But there are some small rescues around too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Paulines rescue, Cork.

aujopimur wrote: »
    Paulines rescue, Cork.

Any contact details thks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Any contact details thks

Paulines Rescue,
    Charleville Co.Cork,
    087 9172474

aujopimur wrote: »
    Paulines Rescue,
    Charleville Co.Cork,
    087 9172474[/Q

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

2012paddu2012 here is a link to another one in Mayo http://www.northmayohorsesanctuary.com/

Advertisement