Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DRM NOOK & Amazon

Options
  • 26-03-2014 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I got a Nook at christmas and have been uploading books from Amazon via kindle for Pc & calibre. ( downloaded a plugin for this). Last week Kindle for PC updated and I didnt take much notice really but tonight when I tried to add a new book not only would it not upload but all my books are gone !! :eek: By gone I mean the title is on the nook but no content. Am totally hacked off. Can't download anything from Barnes & Noble, something to do with location.

Someone please please help :(:(:(

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,282 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You should try contacting amazon. what you were doing wasnt supported by them, at all, but maybe they will be intelligent enough to realize you were buying their content even if it wasnt for their device, and help you out. Just remember the techs on the other end don't set corporate policy :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

In all honesty I can't see what Amazon wll do for the OP, other then confirming the books are still available on his amazon account and readable through the kindle app they won't provide any further support for the Nook or Calibre

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Try updating calibre and the de-drm plugin, they may have updated to deal with something amazon updated ?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭cosbawn

Thanks everyone, I'll try and find an update. Just so frustrating, sorry I didn't buy a Kindle now but just could't afford it at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Can't download anything from Barnes & Noble, something to do with location.
    Mmm. If only there were a way to fool Barnes and Noble into thinking your computer was in England or America or whatever. ;)

Anyway, I'm kind of confused why the content would have disappeared off your nook. Amazon, regardless of changing the kindle for pc thing, wouldn't have had access to the nook hard drive.

If the titles are still in your amazon account, you should be ok when the calibre coders get an update out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭cosbawn

Thanks Sulla Felix

Interesting idea that trying to fool your computer ;) Well I messed around with updates and plugins, and to be honest havent really got a clue what I did, but its working again. Bought another two ebooks tonight and uploaded them no problem.

I'm not really that tech savvy so I think I may have panicked a bit. So all good for the moment, thanks to everyone for replies. Until the next crisis..........lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Glad to hear it turned out well!

Advertisement