Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another gigantic Cretaceous turtle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I really hate that image. It depicts an animal much larger than what is being described.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

I really like it. :B It's just epic imagination fuel, and who's to say these turtles couldn´t possibly grow bigger than what the known remains suggest?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

It's bad reporting if you ask me. When reporting scientific discoveries facts should be adhered to, not fanciful wishful thinking. It's misinforming the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

I know what you mean, but seriously, if people bother to read the article instead of just looking at the picture, they will know the beast is thought to be 3 meters long or so. Besides, they only have a measly bone, so any drawing of the animal is going to be fanciful anyways. Could be a bizarre monster like Ocepechelon and have very unusual proportions for all we know.

People shouldn´t complain about being misinformed if they can´t use common sense themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Saw this on the BBC telext. Would have posted it myself but having a few computer problems. Thanks Adam.

• Advertisement
Advertisement