Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for pots?

• 26-03-2014 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any suggestions for things that could be used as tall pots for plants that need plenty of room for their roots? Apart from plastic pots, which I don't like, they are expensive to buy. An example would be car tyres, but they are too shallow.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,677 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Not sure I would want to use car tyres as a pot, but you could stack several up. Hammer a couple of stakes inside (into the ground) to stop them from slipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

I'm not mad about tyres as plant pots myself, someone suggested the waterroof cardboard tubes used as concrete formers, in builders suppliers. Apparently they come in various sizes and could be decorated. Chimney pots are good but hard to find and expensive here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭handandy

Does anyone have any suggestions for things that could be used as tall pots for plants that need plenty of room for their roots? Apart from plastic pots, which I don't like, they are expensive to buy. An example would be car tyres, but they are too shallow.
    i have a 4 foot tall 120 year old chimney pot in my back garden that i turned into both a plant pot and a garden water feature in 1 . the salvage yards are good places to have a look in for some old planters and good deals on reclaimed items . i turned a few old early 1920s belfast sinks into garden planters too .

Advertisement