Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a time limit for collecting bins?

Options
  • 26-03-2014 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

We're with Greyhound in Dublin 8. Last collection our black bins were not collected until 7 p.m. Last night (or should I say this morning :rolleyes:) the Greyhound truck came crashing into our estate at 12.20 :eek:. It woke us all up. It crashed out again at 12.35 a.m.

This is not on. Is there not a cut-off point for collections to take place? There's nothing on their website about it. When I rang last time to complain that our bins were uncollected, I was told that the truck was still on the road (they came at 7 p.m.). I said the truck had driven into our estate at 8.45 a.m. when I was leaving for work. It's a small estate, approx 250 houses. There's only one way in so they weren't using it as a shortcut to somewhere else!

What's my best avenue for complaint?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Found it! They can only collect between 6 am and 9 pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Call DCC and report them. There was laws put in place restricting bin collections to certain day and certain times.

hfallada wrote: »
    Call DCC and report them. There was laws put in place restricting bin collections to certain day and certain times.

I have. Hopefully they'll be issued with a fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It's a small estate, approx 250 houses. ?

that's not small!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 GoWhest

I got a letter about a month or so ago from City Bin Co saying that they have had to change my collection to comply with new bye-laws introduced by Dublin City Council that limits refuse collections in the city. Can't remember the finer details of it but hte new laws may be worth looking up. Id imagine its thrown all the refuse collectors schedules off a bit too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

GoWhest wrote: »
    I got a letter about a month or so ago from City Bin Co saying that they have had to change my collection to comply with new bye-laws introduced by Dublin City Council that limits refuse collections in the city. Can't remember the finer details of it but hte new laws may be worth looking up. Id imagine its thrown all the refuse collectors schedules off a bit too.

They've just crashed through my estate at 11.15 pm, waking my 2yo - thanks guys.

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    They've just crashed through my estate at 11.15 pm, waking my 2yo - thanks guys.

Ring Dublin City Council and report them. Greyhound were fined as a result of my complaint!

Advertisement