Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Three Broadband after 5 years hassle

Options
  • 26-03-2014 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi I have been a customer of 3 for past five years always found their customer service very good until now. I want to shop around & maybe get Broadband & Tv package .

So i rang them up to give notice of Cancelling my 15GB plan & their not making my wish too easy.
    They say i cant cancel until at least September because that is when i signed in 2009 & if i want to cancel before then a fee of €96 will apply is this right ?

I taught i just give 30 days notice pay my final months bill and everything is sorted !
    This kind of practice is not good for business shame on you three.ie :mad: http://www.three.ie/shop/broadband-plans/bill-pay-broadband/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

How long of a contract did you sign for? If you are not in a contract just walk away from them and canel your direct debit.

If you're having issues with speeds and such just contact 3 and ask them to fix it, if they don't then contact Comreg and explain that 3 are not providing a service fit for use and you want away from them. After a few days Comreg will then have you released from your contract at no additional fee, (if you are in a contract that is).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

From the link you've provided the maximum contract is 18 months. After the initial 18 months (assuming that's what you signed up for) you are on a rolling contract.

So unless you've called them and asked for a new contract or changed to a new package or plan in the past year (thus starting a new contract) then tell them to take a running jump. Give them 30 days notice and cancel your DD.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 31 yawhyawh

I get all my bills via post. I used to do it by direct debit but after being overcharged a few times i changed to post. I did get a new Wifi Modem in 2012 but never signed anything. I believe i am on a rolling contract. So im going to get back on to the cancellation department & plead my case hopefully this time i wont be kept on hold for 10 minutes+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

I wouldnt "plead" anything, tell them how it is.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

yawhyawh wrote: »
    I get all my bills via post. I used to do it by direct debit but after being overcharged a few times i changed to post. I did get a new Wifi Modem in 2012 but never signed anything. I believe i am on a rolling contract. So im going to get back on to the cancellation department & plead my case hopefully this time i wont be kept on hold for 10 minutes+

When in 2012 did you get the modem, and did you pay for it? If you didn't pay for it, you would have wound up back in contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 yawhyawh

I think it was Sept 2012. I didnt pay for the wifi modem I was told i was entitled to a free upgrade. I rang back earlier & told them i was recording the conversation & the guy from India hung up on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

entitled to a free upgrade

There's no such thing as a free lunch. That said though, I doubt they would have fixed you to a 2 year contract for broadband. The modems are very cheap so no reason to spread payments over 2 years.

Ask them for a copy of the contract associated with the upgrade or get them to tell you the term associated with it, e.g. 12, 18 or 24 months.

What modem did you get upgraded to ?

Ken

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hi I have been a customer of 3 for past five years always found their customer service very good until now. I want to shop around & maybe get Broadband & Tv package .

So i rang them up to give notice of Cancelling my 15GB plan & their not making my wish too easy.
    They say i cant cancel until at least September because that is when i signed in 2009 & if i want to cancel before then a fee of €96 will apply is this right ?

I taught i just give 30 days notice pay my final months bill and everything is sorted !
    This kind of practice is not good for business shame on you three.ie :mad: http://www.three.ie/shop/broadband-plans/bill-pay-broadband/

Get on to the reps here: Three Forums. Send them a PM with your account details etc and they should be able to tell you what is going on. Upgrading means that you restarted the contract, though, hence the charge to buy it out.

Advertisement