Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

maximoose wrote:
    It isn't a "free game" as such, it's just f2p.

I have it in the small text ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I think my xb1 is dying :(

Id be playing a game and it would freeze in the middle of a game and make a very loud weird noise. The noise comes from the tv tho not the console and it kicks me back to the home screen after few mins.

Its happening in gta the last few times but I can remember it happening in far cry aswel.

Is this a known issue? My xbox is only 8months old it cant be dying surely ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I think my xb1 is dying :(

Id be playing a game and it would freeze in the middle of a game and make a very loud weird noise. The noise comes from the tv tho not the console and it kicks me back to the home screen after few mins.

Its happening in gta the last few times but I can remember it happening in far cry aswel.

Is this a known issue? My xbox is only 8months old it cant be dying surely ?

how often does it happen? The loud noise is most likely just in game noise that's stuck at a certain pitch - the fact that it's kicking you back to dashboard at least tells you that the operating system is still running away.

Plug it out from the wall for a minute and plug it back in. Also make sure that theres plenty airflow around the console and the power brick as well.

Also - it should be plugged straight into the wall - not into one of those surge protectors.

how often does it happen? The loud noise is most likely just in game noise that's stuck at a certain pitch - the fact that it's kicking you back to dashboard at least tells you that the operating system is still running away.

Plug it out from the wall for a minute and plug it back in. Also make sure that theres plenty airflow around the console and the power brick as well.

Also - it should be plugged straight into the wall - not into one of those surge protectors.

Thats exactly what it is the in game noise couldnt explain it. Its on the top shelf of one of those glass tv stands so its getting air around it . The power brick is just thrown there tbh with a load of other cables , must give it a tidy up. And its plugged straight into the wall. Its happened around 3 times in the last week id say. How would I go about cleaning the xbox without taking it apart? Its full of dust?

Thats exactly what it is the in game noise couldnt explain it. Its on the top shelf of one of those glass tv stands so its getting air around it . The power brick is just thrown there tbh with a load of other cables , must give it a tidy up. And its plugged straight into the wall. Its happened around 3 times in the last week id say. How would I go about cleaning the xbox without taking it apart? Its full of dust?

If its the same game every time, it could just be a software thing.

Is it full of dust?

you can get cans of compressed air from the likes of PC world, just try and blow it through. maybe even a hairdryer (no heat on obviously).

and then get your hoover out and tidy up.

• Advertisement

If its the same game every time, it could just be a software thing.

Is it full of dust?

you can get cans of compressed air from the likes of PC world, just try and blow it through. maybe even a hairdryer (no heat on obviously).

and then get your hoover out and tidy up.

Il give the compressed air a try , id open up the xbox if it wasnt in warranty still. Ya I cant stop the dust honestly if I cleaned my xbox and tv today itd be full of dust tomorrow again

Il give the compressed air a try , id open up the xbox if it wasnt in warranty still. Ya I cant stop the dust honestly if I cleaned my xbox and tv today itd be full of dust tomorrow again

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94816480&postcount=14

I think you can give it a better clean than that :rolleyes: :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

HEY! Leave it!! Also if you use the compressed gas make sure everything is unplugged and cooled down before you use it! Going from hot to cold can do untold damage. Cracks in the circuits Ect.. An 8 month old box should be fine, do you have only one hdmi one the TV? Do you use the same hdmi lead between the xb1 an 360?
    Have you another hdmi lead
    That you can use to see if the problem still persists?

(if you're TV only has one hdmi and you keep swapping it between the 360 and the one then that maybe the problem)

deco nate wrote:
    HEY! Leave it!!

It's a light hearted joke, no offence meant to Rottie.

Lol that would happen in the space of a eeek trust me :D

• Advertisement

deco nate wrote: »
    HEY! Leave it!! Also if you use the compressed gas make sure everything is unplugged and cooled down before you use it! Going from hot to cold can do untold damage. Cracks in the circuits Ect.. An 8 month old box should be fine, do you have only one hdmi one the TV? Do you use the same hdmi lead between the xb1 an 360?
    Have you another hdmi lead
    That you can use to see if the problem still persists?

(if you're TV only has one hdmi and you keep swapping it between the 360 and the one then that maybe the problem)

No I have 2 hdmi ports and I use 2 seperate hdmi cables for both consoles. But its the console freezing or the game freezing. That wouldnt have anything to do with the hdmi I dont think?

No offence taken what so ever man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

11144646_10204303046522662_1711087009_o.jpg?oh=d44b888631535d85c94e5c61559848a2&oe=552DA49A&__gda__=1428972674_10adc9c435fa1a73b3fb1317aea56bcc

I just bought this to play with the lads online ......

Has anyone played the game ?. If so is it any good ?

Nope but I like Quiz games. I play QuizUP on Android :)

Let me know how it is after you've had a go :cool:

Oh I know, i made a mistake of leaving out a smile. Sorry.

No I have 2 hdmi ports and I use 2 seperate hdmi cables for both consoles. But its the console freezing or the game freezing. That wouldnt have anything to do with the hdmi I dont think?
    A bad hdmi cable can cause problems if worn, try the other one you have and see how it goes. The xbox knows when it's connect or not and that will feck it up.
    Game wise.
    Ie, the xbox will know it's connected one minute.. The next it will read as not connected and then you will get what you have posted

Edit, it may be also the hdmi port on the TV that is fecked(make sure both ends of the hdmi are pushed in fully)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's alright, it gets a little samey as the there's no real variation between the round types etc. Fun playing with others though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I had to put on a dust mask just to view the picture lol.

@Rottie, I get the issue you mentioned very rarely. Maybe once a month. Game freezes, followed by an annoying sound for a couple of seconds and I am booted back to the dashboard.

What retailer did you buy your Xbox One from?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

LIVE service gone tits up again :(

LIVE service gone tits up again :(

Wow, thats a surprise.

said absolutely no one.

although I have to be a bit fair in that it has seemed a little better in the last month. at the start of the year it was diabolical.

• Advertisement

I had to put on a dust mask just to view the picture lol.

@Rottie, I get the issue you mentioned very rarely. Maybe once a month. Game freezes, followed by an annoying sound for a couple of seconds and I am booted back to the dashboard.

What retailer did you buy your Xbox One from?

I bought it from gamestop

I had issues before where my xbox would freeze when im using the internet app but I think it was you that told me to put my xbox to energy saving and that helped alot . It still freezes a bit but not half as much so i was kind of starting to think my xbox is faulty but if the same thing is happening to you then maybe its just an issue with xbox one

Wow, thats a surprise.

said absolutely no one.

although I have to be a bit fair in that it has seemed a little better in the last month. at the start of the year it was diabolical.

This is the core service, not some small segment of buying token for fifa etc. core services rarely drop :(

deco nate wrote: »
    A bad hdmi cable can cause problems if worn, try the other one you have and see how it goes. The xbox knows when it's connect or not and that will feck it up.
    Game wise.
    Ie, the xbox will know it's connected one minute.. The next it will read as not connected and then you will get what you have posted

Edit, it may be also the hdmi port on the TV that is fecked(make sure both ends of the hdmi are pushed in fully)

Im using the standard xb1 hdmi cable and the tv is only about a year old but il give a new cable a try anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I bought it from gamestop

I had issues before where my xbox would freeze when im using the internet app but I think it was you that told me to put my xbox to energy saving and that helped alot . It still freezes a bit but not half as much so i was kind of starting to think my xbox is faulty but if the same thing is happening to you then maybe its just an issue with xbox one
    Happens to me once every few weeks usually while playing GTA5.

This is the core service, not some small segment of buying token for fifa etc. core services rarely drop :(

Its been down in some shape or form A LOT. either matchmaking doesn't work, or parties, or friends. or worst of all - the service that checks the licence for your digital games. i only play in the evenings for an hour or so, and If I'm noticing the outages, I'd imagine someone who logs more time on live than me is really affected.

Happens to me once every few weeks usually while playing GTA5.

Ya its happening me on gta aswel not very often but it happened about 3 times in the last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

I was playing AW and the screen seem to freeze and jump and was playable. Like really bad lag. Changed from
    Wireless to wire and it seems to have done be trick. Can't get into Fifa past the loading screen for about a week or so

Ya its happening me on gta aswel not very often but it happened about 3 times in the last week

I've often had crashes in GTA, Including getting stuck in the clouds forever until I turn off the console.
    Battlefield 4 regularly forced me to reboot the console as well, I dont think theres been anything else too recently thats done it, so it might just be a software bug.

Its been down in some shape or form A LOT. either matchmaking doesn't work, or parties, or friends. or worst of all - the service that checks the licence for your digital games. i only play in the evenings for an hour or so, and If I'm noticing the outages, I'd imagine someone who logs more time on live than me is really affected.

Nah, its usually a small subset of a specific games services that are down. Core stuff (logins, entitlements) rarely drops. People run into service hiccups and then think its down for everyone when in reality its a once off network drop.

• Advertisement

I've often had crashes in GTA, Including getting stuck in the clouds forever until I turn off the console.
    Battlefield 4 regularly forced me to reboot the console as well, I dont think theres been anything else too recently thats done it, so it might just be a software bug.

Ya I get stuck in the cloud aswel tho but im not worried about thay really. It was the freezing that was worrying me but I dont think its my xbox . I reckon its just gta seeing as im not the only one its happening to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement