Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Nah, its usually a small subset of a specific games services that are down. Core stuff (logins, entitlements) rarely drops. People run into service hiccups and then think its down for everyone when in reality its a once off network drop.

Yeah, you can tell that it's really bad when they can't even keep the Xbox.com website up.

It is pretty sad that people think that it's cool to take down a service like this, but it's really sad that they think managing to DDOS something is particularly note-worthy. Downloading an executable from a google search and clicking "go" isn't exactly the height of hacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, you can tell that it's really bad when they can't even keep the Xbox.com website up.

It is pretty sad that people think that it's cool to take down a service like this, but it's really sad that they think managing to DDOS something is particularly note-worthy. Downloading an executable from a google search and clicking "go" isn't exactly the height of hacking.

DDOS isnt even particularly sophisticated, that they haven't gotten blocks in place to handle it is pretty bad.
    In other news i was able to get online and game just there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Well, total barstewards could purchase all the tickets for the day, of all dublin Bus services, Denial of service is not complicated at all but its a pisser when you cant get on the Fookin Bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

This is becoming a monthly thing...

logik wrote: »
    This is becoming a monthly thing...

Its not?

• Advertisement

Its not?

I mean, this is the third DDOS attack that has brought live down in recent months.

logik wrote: »
    I mean, this is the third DDOS attack that has brought live down in recent months.

Apart from the one at xmas last year when were the other 2? AFAIK this wasn't DDOS, i don't see LS claiming anything.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Apart from the one at xmas last year when were the other 2? AFAIK this wasn't DDOS, i don't see LS claiming anything.

This is some teddy bear group or something like that. All idiots, anyway.

Seems to be back now. Confirmed to be the third DDOS since Christmas.

Attack made by Budy Bear, members of the Lizard Squad... what arseholes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

This type of nonsense has now become the de-facto way for a hacker group to get their name in lights, quite an attractive prospect for these folks I'd imagine :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Hi i was wondering does the xbox one kinect voice command not work in ireland or have i missed a step when i set it up, also I'm having trouble with the upload app for game clips and highlights it keeps losing connection

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

tripperman wrote: »
    Hi i was wondering does the xbox one kinect voice command not work in ireland or have i missed a step when i set it up, also I'm having trouble with the upload app for game clips and highlights it keeps losing connection

You must go into system setting and change the voice to Uk or Us.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You can set it to Ireland now too I'm nearly sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You can set it to Ireland now too I'm nearly sure.

You can yeah, it's the language you select as UK or US.

Thanks I'll try that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

tripperman wrote:

You need to enable voice commands, you can do this by going to Settings>System>Spoken Language set to English and click restart now. Your voice commands should work once system has rebooted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,492 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

This is not true anymore, my xbox has Ireland location, with voice commands enabled and it works without problems.

murpho999 wrote: »
    This is not true anymore, my xbox has Ireland location, with voice commands enabled and it works without problems.

locale is ireland, but he is correct, the voice option is UK or US there is no Ireland dialect or lexicon description.

Thanks lads I got the voice commands working, just changed the setting as you said, the commands are good when you get used to them, still struggling to get the upload studio app to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Metro Redux on Amazon for €20, which contains both Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light plus all of the DLC (Yes I realise it's on sale on the Dashboard at the moment), anyone played it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Metro Redux on Amazon for €20, which contains both Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light plus all of the DLC (Yes I realise it's on sale on the Dashboard at the moment), anyone played it?

Its 22 in argos at the moment and i have seen it for 20 in gamestop as well.

Have it myself on the PS4 and i wasn't the biggest fan off it at all found it extremely boring to be fair and the game never clicked with me witch is quite rare as i love story based FPS.

If you haveint played it yet. Shadow Warrior is like 17 euros on Zavvi at the moment and i would say buy that over Metro as Shadow Warrior is quite a fun old school FPS and the same could be said about the new order witch was one of the best games i played last year. I would pick up the new order 1st then Shadow Warrior

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Its 22 in argos at the moment and i have seen it for 20 in gamestop as well.

Have it myself on the PS4 and i wasn't the biggest fan off it at all found it extremely boring to be fair and the game never clicked with me witch is quite rare as i love story based FPS.

If you haveint played it yet. Shadow Warrior is like 17 euros on Zavvi at the moment and i would say buy that over Metro as Shadow Warrior is quite a fun old school FPS and the same could be said about the new order witch was one of the best games i played last year. I would pick up the new order 1st then Shadow Warrior

I just finished metro 2033 and twas great, real survival horror. Last light is more action orientated thus far. Great double pack though and worth every penny

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Loved the metro games, shadow warrior bored me.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

Lads, I think my One is dying. System keeps freezing. I've tried hard resetting etc. What do you think my chances are of Argos exchanging it for me? Bought on the 17/12/13

Microsoft 100 squid off me

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have you got some sort of proof of purchase?

If you do I'd bring it in, explain the problem and they should offer to repair/replace/refund.
    Microsoft 100 squid off me

Huh?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I thought it had to be within a year of purchase for them to replace it?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I thought it had to be within a year of purchase for them to replace it?

Nope, if its faulty then its faulty and one year would be way under the expected lifetime.

None Argos will only stand over 12 months , Looks like the 100 euro option is all you can do now , as opening it yourself will void warranty but then there is the age old hair dryer trick to remove the warranty void seal and possibly open it yourself for some testing , only thing i would be looking at , or only reason i would open her would be to affix heat paste or something simple if she has been in heat intensive area for that time . MS will do a fair job for that money and although you will get a reworked board or GPU or HD , whatever the case maybe you still need it fixed.

Nope, if its faulty then its faulty and one year would be way under the expected lifetime.

Initially back in the RROD or 3RLOD they were standing fast over 12 months only , it was only when it went to pandemic proportions that they agreed to incresae to two years as per the low lead content solder and re-balling of the gpu/cpu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

maximoose wrote: »
    Have you got some sort of proof of purchase?

If you do I'd bring it in, explain the problem and they should offer to repair/replace/refund.

Huh?

Haha sorry, let me rephrase that. Microsoft want me to pay €100 to have it repaired. My warranty with them expired one month ago.

I have my receipt from argos. Fingers crossed they overlook that it has been over a year since purchase. Would they swap just the console or should I bring the power brick, controller etc?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement