Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Where do people buy xbox credit using their phone, anywhere thats good value as i have 80 euro credit to get rid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

http://www.hmvgamecredit.com/IE

€12.50 for €10 voucher

maximoose wrote: »
    http://www.hmvgamecredit.com/IE

€12.50 for €10 voucher

hmvgamecredit in Ireland is available for O2, Vodafone and Three customers for now.

When i select Three the submit button disappears :(

You can just text XB10 to 51000, should work fine!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

hmvgamecredit in Ireland is available for O2, Vodafone and Three customers for now.

When i select Three the submit button disappears :(

What amount are you picking? I think you can only get a €20 or €10 code with phone credit, I was trying to buy €25 one day and the same thing was happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What amount are you picking? I think you can only get a €20 or €10 code with phone credit, I was trying to buy €25 one day and the same thing was happening.

I got 25 the last day

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think I'm going to switch back to pay as you go so I can do this. I'm on a crappy 30 day plan with Vodafone with feck all data(500mb) for €25 a month. Its breaking my heart :(

Mickeroo wrote: »

That was the problem, cheers. Three isnt supported for 25, only 20 and below.

Success!
    € 20,00 for your Microsoft account. You now have €38.34.

Success!
    € 20,00 for your Microsoft account. You now have €58.34.

Success!
    € 20,00 for your Microsoft account. You now have €78.34.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think I'm going to switch back to pay as you go so I can do this. I'm on a crappy 30 day plan with Vodafone with feck all data(500mb) for €25 a month. Its breaking my heart :(

If you top up by 30 euro now with vodafone you get free calls and texts to vodafone and sacrafice 10euro for 5gb of data and can use the other 20 euro to buy game credit. Thats what I do

emmetkenny wrote: »

i am on the old three tariff, 20 euro every 30 days for 3k 3-3 minutes, 3k anyone weekend minutes, 3k texts and 15 gb of data, had 80 euro accumulated as a result i needed to get rid of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

rottie 11 wrote: »
    If you top up by 30 euro now with vodafone you get free calls and texts to vodafone and sacrafice 10euro for 5gb of data and can use the other 20 euro to buy game credit. Thats what I do

They text me saying 20 Euro a top for that, I'm on the old offer free Vodafone calls texts and 500mb of data, iv got about 60 credit on phone think I might use some of it to build up to my next Xbox 12 months gold that's up in may/June, only I seen this mentioned here i wouldn't have know it be possible thanks lads

tripperman wrote: »
    They text me saying 20 Euro a top for that, I'm on the old offer free Vodafone calls texts and 500mb of data, iv got about 60 credit on phone think I might use some of it to build up to my next Xbox 12 months gold that's up in may/June, only I seen this mentioned here i wouldn't have know it be possible thanks lads

Ya you can do it with 20 aswel but I get 30 so I can get game credit aswel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Ya you can do it with 20 aswel but I get 30 so I can get game credit aswel :D

I like your thinking must see if i can get that offer, ea access could be got if I do

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's the one I was looking at. Shame there's no calls to other networks included though !!
    I can't get reception on 3 where I live so its only meteor or Vodafone will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Due to the xbox hogging my net connection I got a prepay sim, stuck it into a mifi device [best for my location - €30 unlocked on adverts] and I topup with €20 a month.
    This gives me unlimited internet, plays fine, low pings.

I then text XB10 to 51000 (costs €12.50).
    Next month I text it twice.

So my €20 a month gets me unlimited internet and €16 of microsoft points.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Cool just got a Fable Legends Beta key for XB1 :)

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Cool just got a Fable Legends Beta key for XB1 :)

Is it still scheduled? As in they only have the servers online at certain times in the week. Only manged to play twice in the last 6 weeks. It was fun but not something I could see myself playing much of long term.

Is it still scheduled? As in they only have the servers online at certain times in the week. Only manged to play twice in the last 6 weeks. It was fun but not something I could see myself playing much of long term.

Couldn't tell ya. I only got the key and just downloading it now. Didn't realise it was out for so long already!

I'm not sure if it will be as good as Fable 2 or 3 neither, doesn't look the same at all!

Couldn't tell ya. I only got the key and just downloading it now. Didn't realise it was out for so long already!

I'm not sure if it will be as good as Fable 2 or 3 neither, doesn't look the same at all!

Oh it's Fables in name only from what I played so far. Totally online MOBA deal this time out. I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing they'd spent the time on resources on Fables 4. Not sure what the market is like for this kind of game on consoles?

Got an email just there actually saying the servers will be open longer over the week end so might get a chance to spend some more time on it hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Ok lads, I'm brand new to the One, any great game recommendations for me? I have Sunset Overdrive (controls take a bit getting used to) And the system came with Master Chief Collection. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ok lads, I'm brand new to the One, any great game recommendations for me? I have Sunset Overdrive (controls take a bit getting used to) And the system came with Master Chief Collection. Cheers

Xbox Live gold, comes with free games every month.

Ea Access, about €20 a year for access to loads of EA games, with other benefits.

Forza Horizon 2 is probably the best fun racing game out now.

Check out a few of the threads around here, and you can get some great bargains on games, like Assassins Creed Unity, it's less than a tenner on some sites I think.

Only read today that DiRT 4 is definitely on the way, delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Check out EA Access €25 for a years sub and there's about ten free games to play including Battlefield 4 which has to be played to experience 64 player. The vanilla maps are prob the best and I think the second DLC is also free with it.

Ori and the blind forest is a newly released 2d game. Great little game. You'd prob get a game code cheap on Amazon for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Shadow of Mordor and Far Cry 4 are both worth a look as well.

Off topic, does anyone else on here browse the site from a desktop? The new "streamlining" of the site is terrible IMO.

It's been a long time since I've owned a Golf game. I might just!

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is up for pre-load & pre-order.

€19.99 seems like a bargain for a decent game like this?

https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Games/Wolfenstein-The-Old-Blood/2c956fdf-e571-4708-a718-28d52e44257f

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is up for pre-load & pre-order.

€19.99 seems like a bargain for a decent game like this?

https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Games/Wolfenstein-The-Old-Blood/2c956fdf-e571-4708-a718-28d52e44257f

Is it a stand alone game, or do you need the original to play it?

CatInABox wrote: »
    Is it a stand alone game, or do you need the original to play it?

Yeah, it's a standalone and it's 38GB so it's probably a lot of content for that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

All kinds of talk about a Gears of War remaster - http://kotaku.com/report-gears-of-war-remaster-coming-to-xbox-one-1700059889

At this stage I think I'll just buy back an Xbox 360 and be done with it.

• Advertisement

20 quid for what looks like a sizeable stand alone expansion to one of the best games last year ??? Shut up and take my money :D Doesn't sound like the same voice actor for BJ though ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement