Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's a really petty thing but I hope they add the option for auto ammo pick-up with this Wolfenstein game. Not having it in the original annoyed the piss out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is up for pre-load & pre-order.

€19.99 seems like a bargain for a decent game like this?

https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Games/Wolfenstein-The-Old-Blood/2c956fdf-e571-4708-a718-28d52e44257f

Pre ordered it there on amazon going to get myself the Disc copy so i can trade it in or sell it on afterwords worked 11 pound for the game not to bad at all.

Also ordered Shadow of Murdor for the PS4 as it was cheaper then the xbox one version by a 6 pound.

Have been playing Unity all week witch i picked up for i think 15 euros for the digital code it is just shocking all round i have no idea what is going in the story i have never not understood a ASS Creed story on to Unity. I am on the last Captor and i am delighted that i am as i really do not won't to play this game any longer. Black Flag was fantastic then they made this and all the stupid Patches the game is still a broke mess !!!! the amount of frame rate slow downs i have got is nuts and its even crashed on me a good few times !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Off topic, does anyone else on here browse the site from a desktop? The new "streamlining" of the site is terrible IMO.

The reorganisation of the categories topics is definitely a step in the right direction, & was badly, badly needed. The menu though, isn't great...yet. This current menu though is only temporary though, the new proper one is being rolled out in a few weeks. The reason is this allows everyone time to get used to where their favourite forums are, before asking them to understand a brand new menu at the same time, so in that sense, it makes a lot of sense. Have patience, it'll get better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

maximoose wrote: »
    Only read today that DiRT 4 is definitely on the way, delighted.

I guess not :(

PC Only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

maximoose wrote: »
    I guess not :(

PC Only.

**** fav driving game ever . How can they push that on pc only thats an insane amount of loss ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

dbit wrote: »
    **** fav driving game ever . How can they push that on pc only thats an insane amount of loss ????

Its not dirt 4. Its a side project created on the cheap as an actual full on proper rally simulator. Its definitely not meant for your average dirt fan. Its supposed to be an absolute ball breaker of a game haha

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Its not dirt 4. Its a side project created on the cheap as an actual full on proper rally simulator. Its definitely not meant for your average dirt fan. Its supposed to be an absolute ball breaker of a game haha

The more balls broken the more i want it . Full screen view no bonnet thug life 4 shure.

On the cheap ???? i wont buy ti for pc and if not out for the Bone - FAIL for me then .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The more balls broken the more i want it . Full screen view no bonnet thug life 4 shure.

On the cheap ???? i wont buy ti for pc and if not out for the Bone - FAIL for me then .

in car view or gtfo buddy!, love this view in forza horizon,

its a pity, I dont think any rally game ever recaptured the magic that was colin mcrae 2.0.

in car view or gtfo buddy!, love this view in forza horizon,

its a pity, I dont think any rally game ever recaptured the magic that was colin mcrae 2.0.

Yup agree , ive not seen another rally game come close to CMCR. any version !.
    Damn you anyway i thought my nads were huge just now, as no one i know drives competitively in driver view or full-screen no car view . Your just showing off ! lolz.

forza i really do enjoy (Fullscreen) there is just too much obstruction in full cockpit view for me , Love the sense of speed i get from the fullscreen view.

Only thing ever to come close that i played was maybe, burnout for the eye bleeding non blinking game sessions . ( Not rally but fast as hell in FS mode)

forza i really do enjoy (Fullscreen) there is just too much obstruction in full cockpit view for me , Love the sense of speed i get from the fullscreen view.

)

nothing like tearing through the vineyards, not being able to see whats coming next, and the panic / adrenaline rush when a small house or hay bale appears!

doing the showpiece races is savage too, looking out the side windows to see the train / fighter jets passing alongside you is seriously cool.

• Advertisement

FAP FAP FAP !!!!

Yes and the sounds of all the undergrowth snapping and banging on the cars underbelly makes me want to veer off road thinking about it right now .............

5.1 Bose surround !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just bought state of decay there for myself on CD Keys worked out 24 euros for the game. Was 30 on Xbox live so i saved myself a hole 6 euros but as they say every little helps :P.

Watched a few game play videos looks a lot of fun so cant wait to give it a go now

Looks like saves from the 360 version carry over too, it's 20.08 if you have the 360 version already.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Is it worth getting a xbox one? I had a xbox 360 for years and now I game on the PC, but I am thinking of picking up a Xbox One or else a new graphics card for the Pc, I haven't fully decided yet and yes they both cost roughly the same. How much is xbox live and I hear now you get 2 free game s as well every month, what are the games they give away any good xbox one games giving away or are they just arcade?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Is it worth getting a xbox one? I had a xbox 360 for years and now I game on the PC, but I am thinking of picking up a Xbox One or else a new graphics card for the Pc, I haven't fully decided yet and yes they both cost roughly the same. How much is xbox live and I hear now you get 2 free game s as well every month, what are the games they give away any good xbox one games giving away or are they just arcade?

35-60 for live a year. Free games are, largely, sh1te. Games generally cost 70 euro new though of course you can look around and get them for 50ish after a bit. The console is handy to have in the living room and throw on when you feel like it, also good for Netflix, Plex etc. If you are into your games really stick to PC for now as the 360 still has plenty if life in it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

There's a few exclusive games out for the Xbox One that are great, like Forza Horizon 2. If you're into those exclusive games, then it's worth it.

As mentioned above, the games that come free with Xbox Live are a mixed bag, not massively great on Xbox One, better on the Xbox 360, and if you are already an Xbox Live Gold subscriber then you can get them through here without a console.

There's also a great program available from EA, EA Access, it's about €25 for the year, and gives you access to a growing collection of games for "free." You can find out more here.

You should check which console your friends are buying, especially if you and they are into on-line gaming together, not much point in getting any console if they're on something different.

It's also becoming far more capable as a media box. You can stream almost anything over a network, you can cast from a capable device to it, and if you get the Media Tuner, then you'll soon be able to stream live TV to any device on your network. It'll also have great links to Windows 10, allowing you to stream games to a desktop.

Finally, most games that are coming out these days are also available on PC, and in most cases, they're better on PC, at least if you've got a capable PC. There's a few odd games that are ported in a half a$$ed way, but that's becoming more and more rare.

All in all, it's a personal choice. I think it's worth it, and think that they are doing great things with the software. Windows 10 is also coming to Xbox One, of which we'll hear more today, at their conference.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Any decent deals about these days for XBONE ? young lad eventually wants to make the move from 360.

Dcully wrote: »
    Any decent deals about these days for XBONE ? young lad eventually wants to make the move from 360.

Argos seems to be consistently the best bet, deals change weekly though. I just had a quick look there and It doesn't seem to have any great games with it at the moment though,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The bargains thread is your best bet, ask in there.

As stone deaf said, it's usually Argos though.

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

If he already has gold make sure he is picking up the free games every month and he will have them whenever he gets the console. You can grab them on xbox.com, just look for games with gold.

IS anyone buying into cortana and the 3d glasses holo projection sh1te , fancy an aul lapdance then ?? , just as you come in the door while she babbles out all the days news you missed , C'mon hardlight tech ffs.

If he already has gold make sure he is picking up the free games every month and he will have them whenever he gets the console. You can grab them on xbox.com, just look for games with gold.

Thanks i meant to ask about this, can he download games he didnt bother to accept previously?
    For example his current xbox is only 20GB so he had no space for them.

Thanks i meant to ask about this, can he download games he didnt bother to accept previously?

Nope once they are gone they are gone .

just a tip, even if he has no space left on his hard drive, he can still start the download and cancel it straight away. It'll be added to his purchase log, so he can download it anytime he wants to later on after he has freed up space.

just a tip, even if he has no space left on his hard drive, he can still start the download and cancel it straight away. It'll be added to his purchase log, so he can download it anytime he wants to later on after he has freed up space.

Snaky , class, didnt know that worked, same for the Bone ? Will it also work if you use weblogin and do the same ??

Snaky , class, didnt know that worked, same for the Bone ? Will it also work if you use weblogin and do the same ??

yup,
    or even log into xbox.com and make the "purchase" there.

This is Good News everyone !

This is Good News everyone !

tbh i thought it was old news.

would it blow your mind altogether if i told you you can get your games with gold for xbox one using the smartglass app? :D

• Advertisement

EDIT: I'm way too late with my answer, and it's all handled well above.

That's the way it's worked since the start too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement