Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

tbh i thought it was old news.

would it blow your mind altogether if i told you you can get your games with gold for xbox one using the smartglass app? :D

Im containing myself here . I cant sit still. lulz.

The point still remains kinda like harvey Norman once they are gone they are gone , so the Q was from the historic point of view , sadly they are gone . I was not aware you could queue and forget ? any life span on hanging downloads in queue do you know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

dbit wrote: »

The point still remains kinda like harvey Norman once they are gone they are gone , so the Q was from the historic point of view , sadly they are gone . I was not aware you could queue and forget ? any life span on hanging downloads in queue do you know ?

forever,

doesn't teh 360 support hdds?

Edit: not yet, but soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

No, they're tied to your account, not any particular console or queue. You'll lose access if you cancel your gold sub though, presume you get it back when you resub.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

CatInABox wrote: »
    No, they're tied to your account, not any particular console or queue. You'll lose access if you cancel your gold sub though, presume you get it back when you resub.

Yes, they are tied to your account forever but you need an active sub to access them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is that definitely true? I thought that was something that MS were bragging about at one point to set GwG apart from PS+

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

maximoose wrote: »
    Is that definitely true? I thought that was something that MS were bragging about at one point to set GwG apart from PS+

On 360 you can access them when your sub runs out I think but not on the XB1.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,781 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Eh, what?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mickeroo wrote: »
    On 360 you can access them when your sub runs out I think but not on the XB1.

Yeah, should have clarified, sorry, a sub is required for Xbox One games, not 360.

Was going to mod my sons xb360 and then the free games started to roll so left it for now. He nearly wet himself when he saw Assisns creed black flag , its bloody great not having to fork out all the time for games and with his age he is more than happy with all the freebies . Hope they drop some batman titles soon .

• Advertisement

The Microsoft Build conference is on today, they should show more on Hololens, Windows 10 and Xbox One today.

Cortana integration is on my phone works great to be honest, in a nice unobtrusive way. They're also building that functionality into Windows 10 now, and it's looking well so far.

Hololens looks intriguing, but suffers from the same problem that VR and the Oculus Rift has, namely that it's impossible to describe to a person that hasn't experienced it.

CatInABox wrote: »
    The Microsoft Build conference is on today, they should show more on Hololens, Windows 10 and Xbox One today.

Cortana integration is on my phone works great to be honest, in a nice unobtrusive way. They're also building that functionality into Windows 10 now, and it's looking well so far.

Hololens looks intriguing, but suffers from the same problem that VR and the Oculus Rift has, namely that it's impossible to describe to a person that hasn't experienced it.

I was looking at oculus rift and they should be around 200-300 euro , there are only a hand-full of games and simulators i think i would use it for , Have not tried it out once , still makes me drool.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

What does that have to do with Games with Gold though? :confused:

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Oculus is great to use but a giant Pain in the neck to setup. Each game requires a fair bit of tweaking. However when you get it right its unreal! Project Cars and Live for speed are so much better with it. And thats from somebody who uses TrackIR

sorry for asking in here but the title is coming to xbox one soon :Elite Dangerous ? Been playing it on PC but lost interest , oculus would pull me back i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭dor83

Oculus is great to use but a giant Pain in the neck to setup. Each game requires a fair bit of tweaking. However when you get it right its unreal! Project Cars and Live for speed are so much better with it. And thats from somebody who uses TrackIR

Just out of interest, have you played Project Cars? It's one of the games that I'm really looking forward to and just wondering if it's worth it or not, I'd be getting it for the Xbox but don't want to preorder it if it's not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

dor83 wrote: »
    Just out of interest, have you played Project Cars? It's one of the games that I'm really looking forward to and just wondering if it's worth it or not, I'd be getting it for the Xbox but don't want to preorder it if it's not worth it.

I had to laugh when I saw the box art for project cars.

a picture of a man. :D

BuwwYuwCUAEBCzx.jpg

I had to laugh when I saw the box art for project cars.

a picture of a man. :D

BuwwYuwCUAEBCzx.jpg

Jeremy Clarkson !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭dor83

Its very good! Its not as good as Assetto Corsa but its a proper sim that puts Forza to shame. I think it will shock a few people as its not very forgiving when you turn off the driver aids. However if you like a proper race sim (like me) then its a day 1 purchase.

Thanks for the info, think I'll have to preorder it so. I don't have a PC, just a fairly basic laptop that isn't good for games, and there's a serious lack of proper driving games on xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Anyone want a Fable Legends beta code?

Starts tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

New batman game out next month I cant wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Anyone want a Fable Legends beta code?

Starts tonight.

I'd take it if it's still going. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

So I have €26 credit on the Xbox store which Microsoft have informed me will expire in June. I have a 360 but haven't turned it on in years. I don't have an Xbox One, but am planning to get one in the not too distant future, so figure I might as well have a game waiting for me.

Any recommendations? I do have a PS4 so ideally something I can't get on it, but I'm not fussy really. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Benzino wrote: »
    So I have €26 credit on the Xbox store which Microsoft have informed me will expire in June. I have a 360 but haven't turned it on in years. I don't have an Xbox One, but am planning to get one in the not too distant future, so figure I might as well have a game waiting for me.

Any recommendations? I do have a PS4 so ideally something I can't get on it, but I'm not fussy really. Cheers!

Ori and the Blind Forest for €20

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I'd take it if it's still going. Cheers.

Sorry only seen now. Yeah I'll PM it to you now. I already redeemed a code from an email from Lionshead a week ago so I'm assuming this is a different code Xbox messaged me on the console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Add 4 euros and get yourself State Of Decay Great game

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Add 4 euros and get yourself State Of Decay Great game

I was tempted to grab that but folks on Reddit saying it's riddled with bugs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I was tempted to grab that but folks on Reddit saying it's riddled with bugs?

There is a few bugs like the game will randomly slow down but you get used to it after a while but other then that its a great game.

But i would say pick it up CD keys its 6 euros cheaper for the digital copy then buying it off the xbox store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Thanks guys, Ori looks great, will try to get it later tonight.

I actually got State of Decay on the 360, loved it and would recommend it highly (the 360 version at least), a good shout, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I launched gta a while ago and got a notice saying I need to purchase it in the store , I clicked cancel and it worked away for gta online but when I went to story mode my save game was gone ?? I was nearly finished the game now im at the start :(

EDIT : its working fine again

• Advertisement

I was just coming on to post about this.

Was clearing old emails and it caught my eye, nearly didn't even open it as it doesn't specify what it's about exactly ''Promotional Email expiry''.

Saw a balance of E16... immediately thought it was a phishing email as I don't recall ever really depositing funds to an account, this isn't even my main account but my main email.
    Verified it was MS and then thought ''maybe it's just for some junk I wouldn't want''.

Logged onto the account and checked the Final Stand DLC for BF4... the only one I didn't get around to buying and it was there to use on it so I've effectively got the last DLC for free as far as I can gather.
    Worked out nicely.

Have absolutely no idea why there was money in there.

I've always used my card so it wouldn't leave a balance and I can't ever recall buying points.

Anybody have any ideas on this?.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement