Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I was just coming on to post about this.

Was clearing old emails and it caught my eye, nearly didn't even open it as it doesn't specify what it's about exactly ''Promotional Email expiry''.

Saw a balance of E16... immediately thought it was a phishing email as I don't recall ever really depositing funds to an account, this isn't even my main account but my main email.
    Verified it was MS and then thought ''maybe it's just for some junk I wouldn't want''.

Logged onto the account and checked the Final Stand DLC for BF4... the only one I didn't get around to buying and it was there to use on it so I've effectively got the last DLC for free as far as I can gather.
    Worked out nicely.

Have absolutely no idea why there was money in there.

I've always used my card so it wouldn't leave a balance and I can't ever recall buying points.

Anybody have any ideas on this?.

Xbox Live Rewards?

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Xbox Live Rewards?

This is something I only know a little about.

So it wasn't something I'd have ever signed up for.

I never really had a 360 in the normal sense.
    I had a few brief periods(2-3 months) and possibly on that account but unless the rewards were easy to get(playing only a few games) and you didn't need to sign up I'm stumped on it.

I guess I'm just grateful I checked the email and had something for near the exact amount I actually wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

This is something I only know a little about.

So it wasn't something I'd have ever signed up for.

I never really had a 360 in the normal sense.
    I had a few brief periods(2-3 months) and possibly on that account but unless the rewards were easy to get(playing only a few games) and you didn't need to sign up I'm stumped on it.

I guess I'm just grateful I checked the email and had something for near the exact amount I actually wanted.

Had you some MS points (think that's what they were called)? At some stage they changed the system converting your points real money.

Benzino wrote: »
    Had you some MS points (think that's what they were called)? At some stage they changed the system converting your points real money.

As I mentioned above, I only really used my debit card.
    Defo for the XB1 and I only had the 360 in small stages, the last being a loan from a friend so don't see why I'd have bought online then.

It only really made sense during the XB1 period as the conversion worked out well for a while.

I flat out don't remember ever buying points anyway.

Can't complain though, it's effectively worked out like a free gift in my mind.

Interesting though that it happened to us together, surely its not a coincidence.
    While I posted today the email was a few days ago, possibly the same day as yours even.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

They really need to put a date and time for the notification.Its some pain in the hole when you turn on the console to find you have notifications and don't have a clue whether you got them in the last 5 minutes or the night before.

• Advertisement

They really need to put a date and time for the notification.Its some pain in the hole when you turn on the console to find you have notifications and don't have a clue whether you got them in the last 5 minutes or the night before.

Wish they would put notifications for party invites on the smartglass app , if i've been afk 9/10 I'll check my phone to see if I have messages, other notifications aren't pushed like that. Xbox interface is so laggy and cumbersome it's quicker to unlock my phone and replay that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Anyone playing through alien isolation atm. I just went back to it today and tbh im ****ting my :O too afraid to even move incase he jumps out of a vent :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Anyone playing through alien isolation atm. I just went back to it today and tbh im ****ting my :O too afraid to even move incase he jumps out of a vent :(

What ya mean they cut the power ? Lulz also sh1tting playing it . its one for true alien fans love that retro tech buzz off of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

"Everything you craft has durability and will wear-out from extended use if not repaired, and when you leave the game, your character remains sleeping in the persistent world. Your inventory physically exists in boxes or on your character in the world. Everything can be looted & stolen, so to achieve security you must build-up, team-up, or have pets to guard your stash. Death is permanent, and you can even knock out, capture, and force-feed other players to use them for your own purposes, such as extracting their blood to for transfusions, harvesting their fecal matter to use as fertilizer, or using them as food for your carnivorous pets!"

Reminds me a lot of forest that was out in PC last year. Looks epic. When's it out?

Ah it seems it will be going to alpha on PC first. Console prob wot see this till late 2016 :(

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What is it? Youtube is blocked at work for me.

Mickeroo wrote: »

ARK Survival evolved

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Mickeroo wrote: »

ARK.

Looks like a Dino riding, Dino hunting, Fort building FPS game.

Looks damn good.

YouTube blocked at work for me too.

But could see the video on this link.
    http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/11/8586339/ark-survival-evolved-trailer-dinosaurs-steam-early-access

I never played The Forest but reminds me a little of Rust :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Airmech Arena is good fun, cross between an RTS and a MOBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Have a code for smite beta if anyone wants it?

Don't remember signing up for one, and they sent me two, so if anyone wants it they're welcome to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

trixiebust wrote: »

Don't remember signing up for one, and they sent me two, so if anyone wants it they're welcome to it.

Yes please, if you still have it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

trixiebust wrote: »

Love one if u got it!

tony1980 wrote:
    Yes please, if you still have it!

PM sent

Jjiipp79 wrote:
    Love one if u got it!

Sorry, just passed it on to the first poster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Lads, Have any of you recently bought the Xbox One around West Dublin (Clondalkin, Tallaght, Blanch) ? Any places doing deals or packages ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Lads, Have any of you recently bought the Xbox One around West Dublin (Clondalkin, Tallaght, Blanch) ? Any places doing deals or packages ?
    Have a look at argos, have been the best to date

I saw some deal on the front of Gamestops window, Xbox one €349 with two free games, one being fifa i think but thats free with EA Access so you can just trade that in or sell it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Can anyone recommend a good hardrive that I can play movies from when plugged into my Xbox one please?

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good hardrive that I can play movies from when plugged into my Xbox one please?

How much €€€ do you want to spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    How much €€€ do you want to spend?

About 70 max. Or if there is a better one worth going for that runs perfectly for the Xbox then I can probably stretch a small bit.

get fast disk for cheap , then buy a usb 3.0 caddy (Must 3.0 or it wont work for games) slap it all together go for a nice 3 TB drive ? maybe WD red tier for longevity ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Don't think you can play movies off a usb or hard drive on XB1 can you?

I tried with a USB and got nowhere. Not like it was on 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    About 70 max. Or if there is a better one worth going for that runs perfectly for the Xbox then I can probably stretch a small bit.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1923870/Trail/searchtext%3EHARD+DRIVE.htm

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Don't think you can play movies off a usb or hard drive on XB1 can you?

I tried with a USB and got nowhere. Not like it was on 360.

Yes you can must be USB 3 to work (Games only) , usb 2 and 1 may function for basic stuff like music and video. USB 3 required for games.

XB1 can play mkv or any other container from usb pen .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement