Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

dbit wrote: »
    Yes you can must be USB 3 to work , usb 2 and 1 may function for basic stuff like music and video. USB 3 required for games.

Most definitely works with USB 2 for movies, correct that it has to be 3 for games.

Think you may have to have to the media player app installed first before it will play movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Most definitely works with USB 2 for movies, correct that it has to be 3 for games.

Think you may have to have to the media player app installed first before it will play movies.

Correct.

One thing thats pissing me off is the new screen cast function , has turned my xb1 into an AP - i dont want more AP noise in my front room , trying to find how to turn it off or disable it . (Too busy to try hacking it )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Yeah that seems to be the best value right now, doesn't it. USB 3.0 and all, not bad :)

Note to OP, you can only choose to use the HDD for either movie/media OR games. You can't use it for both, but you probably know this already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Can you partition a hard drive and say use half for games and half for media?

• Advertisement

Liamalone wrote: »
    Can you partition a hard drive and say use half for games and half for media?

Nope. Not with Xbox ONE.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Nope. Not with Xbox ONE.

There is a way for the internal HD but it voids warranty , you could also do it for the external ( Warranty should be fine then ) I did read some information a while back about using tools on pc to partition the drive .But when you take the drive to a pc the xbox partition will not be visible to windows .(And there are tools for pc to over come that too)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone playing the Witcher yet? Dying to get stuck into it tomorrow.

• Advertisement

That's for Xbox 360?

My bad, was thinking back to the chap who modded the original drive for swap out .

Anyone playing the Witcher yet? Dying to get stuck into it tomorrow.

Yeah, flat out on it. Great game! As good or even better than I was expecting! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Cool. Think I'll get that one from Argos. Cheers lads!

That's for Xbox 360?

I knew i seen this around somewhere , I have not played with it but yes it can be done - albeit cumbersome MS need to release fix for this .

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/xbox-one-external-storage-converter.1142500/

If the link is dead you can always pull the app from xbins irc server.

I knew i seen this around somewhere , I have not played with it but yes it can be done - albeit cumbersome MS need to release fix for this .

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/xbox-one-external-storage-converter.1142500/

If the link is dead you can always pull the app from xbins irc server.

That still doesn't allow you to use the external HDD for both games storage and media storage. All it does is allow you to backup the game file data to a PC as opposed to using a Linux.

That still doesn't allow you to use the external HDD for both games storage and media storage. All it does is allow you to backup the game file data to a PC as opposed to using a Linux.

No but it allows bi xbox /pc use the non use of both media and games for XB1 is a restriction of xb1 ( MS roumoured to be looking at fix for it )

Whats really pissing me off is since the new preview update the box is now acting as an access point ( removed the video app, disabled the ability to connect to glass ) Still its braodcasting a ssid in the sitting room ( ITs for the new screen cast function). I dont want more wifi noise in that room.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Why? It shouldn't be a problem, Wifi uses spread spectrum so its not like to cause any interference. Any devices in the room will have such a strong signal it wont make any difference.

It makes a difference to me, i dont want ssid's transmitting in my living room. I should have the right to turn off an AP if i so choose ? The box became an AP without asking . I am very well versed with the 802.xx standards and protocols.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What's going on exactly?

I have raised a question in Xbox support on how to stop the xb1 from broadcasting an AP , I dont want it to do that , it was introduced to enable the new screen cast function. They should have an option to remove it or turn it off. Tried to remove video app (That does the screen casting and also disabled conections to smartglass) still the fuker is there .

I do alot of wifi scanning and i dont want my home transmitting the fact there is a nice xb1 sitting by the window. No prompt was made to say "Hey we are now enabling your box to become an AP".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I have raised a question in Xbox support on how to stop the xb1 from broadcasting an AP , I dont want it to do that , it was introduced to enable the new screen cast function. They should have an option to remove it or turn it off. Tried to remove video app (That does the screen casting and also disabled conections to smartglass) still the fuker is there .

I do alot of wifi scanning and i dont want my home transmitting the fact there is a nice xb1 sitting by the window. No prompt was made to say "Hey we are now enabling your box to become an AP".
    I'd recommend submitting this on the Xbox Feedback site (http://feedback.xbox.com), if you get enough boardsies and others to vote for it, they will probably implement it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I've just voted there.

god bless you and your mad crusade.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Hey dbit, reinstall the Wireless Display app and go into it and press the menu button, go to settings, one of them is only enable connections when the app is open.

See if that does the trick for you

Hey dbit, reinstall the Wireless Display app and go into it and press the menu button, go to settings, one of them is only enable connections when the app is open.

See if that does the trick for you

Cheers I will try that later , but with it reomved and glass connections turned off i would have thought it was the saem thing . fingers crossed .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Bought €18 of fifa coins yesterday from igsky and they never arrived, no answer on their helpline either.
    Ive opened a dispute in paypal so hopefully will get the refund.

Is this a common enough thing?

juneg wrote: »
    Bought €18 of fifa coins yesterday from igsky and they never arrived, no answer on their helpline either.
    Ive opened a dispute in paypal so hopefully will get the refund.

Is this a common enough thing?

I dont know much about fifa coins or igsky, but there was talk of spam and scams with relation to coins a while back.

hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Quick question lads...

Easiest way to share a video from smart glass to Facebook, if it's doable at all?

Trilla wrote: »
    Quick question lads...

Easiest way to share a video from smart glass to Facebook, if it's doable at all?

go to xboxgamedvr.com , enter your gamertag, find your video, then use the little facebook button on that site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

go to xboxgamedvr.com , enter your gamertag, find your video, then use the little facebook button on that site.

would it still need to be uploaded to you tube for that to work?? my you tube app is a pain keeps failing to upload highlights for me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement