Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

tripperman wrote: »
    would it still need to be uploaded to you tube for that to work?? my you tube app is a pain keeps failing to upload highlights for me

I don't know tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭Liamalone

My word, the Xbox One interface is a disgrace, it is so shocking that I am actually taking the time to vent my frustration at it. Tried to send a message to a player and ****, a real chore to do so and it's crud the bargain. The 360 was near perfect, how could they mess it up so bad ..... How many months down the line. By gum, hindsight is a great thing and if I had the chance I definitely would but purchase this piece of crud.

Rant over, thanks for your time.

I've had to resort to Smartglass to message folk, not ideal but it works at least. How long has the One been out? Awful awful awful

Liamalone wrote: »
    My word, the Xbox One interface is a disgrace, it is so shocking that I am actually taking the time to vent my frustration at it. Tried to send a message to a player and ****, a real chore to do so and it's crud the bargain. The 360 was near perfect, how could they mess it up so bad ..... How many months down the line. By gum, hindsight is a great thing and if I had the chance I definitely would but purchase this piece of crud.

Rant over, thanks for your time.

I would fully support the removal of the ability to message and other things from the one if it meant a faster leaner OS. Smartglass does it faster and better than on the one itself to the point where I wouldn't even think to read or write a message on the One itself, hell even my phone and computer get the notifications before the one does thats how bad it is. Don't even get me started on the lag and time it takes to open something with snap :mad:

Snap seems to have gotten slower if anything in recent beta updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I would fully support the removal of the ability to message and other things from the one if it meant a faster leaner OS. Smartglass does it faster and better than on the one itself to the point where I wouldn't even think to read or write a message on the One itself, hell even my phone and computer get the notifications before the one does thats how bad it is. Don't even get me started on the lag and time it takes to open something with snap :mad:

Snap seems to have gotten slower if anything in recent beta updates.

So it's not just me?? Anytime I snap friends or party or something it's take a minute or 2 to load. I taught it was something to do with my slow Internet :O

• Advertisement

rottie 11 wrote: »
    So it's not just me?? Anytime I snap friends or party or something it's take a minute or 2 to load. I taught it was something to do with my slow Internet :O

Party and achievements more so are especially bad recently. I actually opened the messaging app after my last post to test it and yeah I won't ever be using that again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Wolfenstein Bundle is €29.49 on the xbox Store. Superb deal if you haven't played them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Wolfenstein Bundle is €29.49 on the xbox Store. Superb deal if you haven't played them

That's a crazy good deal. But bare in mind each game is something like 40GB each to download just in case you don't have the best download speeds you be waiting days to play the games LoL.

But I think you can pick up the DLC on disk for about 15 or 16 euros in must places online.

While the new order is starting to get crazy cheap around as well

Wow, I was going to post it when I saw it getting added the other day priced at 49.99. 29.49 is a savage price for post of those.

Wow, I was going to post it when I saw it getting added the other day priced at 49.99. 29.49 is a savage price for post of those.

The first game alone is worth getting at that price. A great game and a welcome surprise

• Advertisement

£35 on the UK version :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Coming up as €49.49 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Varik wrote: »

49.49 for me too just went on the laptop to buy it but don't no at that price

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gotthebug wrote: »

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

playing it at the moment
    brilliant !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

gotthebug wrote: »

Still showing up as €29.49 for me . Go to store , press games and it should be there on the right as Wolfenstein Bundle.

Maybe its because i own the two already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask but here it goes.
    I have €40 credit on my Xbox account but looking to buy project cars off the Xbox store. Is it possible to use the credit and then a payment card on the one game when purchasing?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It is possible yeah if you are buying through the console itself, but can't be done on xbox.com on a browser

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Anyone know where I can find the Dragon Age Inquisitors collector edition either offline or online? I can only find one seller on Amazon but that joker is trying to flog it for £999.99 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Being sold by own of our own here

Without the game though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

maximoose wrote: »
    Being sold by own of our own here

Without the game though

Bit steep without the game. I've contacted Xbox Ireland through Facebook. Really good C.S. They replied within 2 mins. Waiting to hear if they can source one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

I used the smart glass app for the first time yesterday and wish I had done it sooner is alot easyer to message people with it then on xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Varik wrote: »

Same here.

Have always been reluctant to buy this game. For some reason I get a feeling it's a contender for the first AAA Games with Gold. Likewise Forza 5. Then again, at this rate we'll be waiting a while for a AAA game.

wrt40 wrote: »
    Same here.

Have always been reluctant to buy this game. For some reason I get a feeling it's a contender for the first AAA Games with Gold. Likewise Forza 5. Then again, at this rate we'll be waiting a while for a AAA game.

I dont think we'll see this as the first AAA games with gold, I reckon assassins creed black flag might take that honor, seeing as the digital codes can be got for €7.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

wrt40 wrote: »
    Same here.

Wolfenstein as a GwG? not for the next couple of years at least (if at all).

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Am I missing something with Instant- On mode? Left the console in instant on while I was away for the weekend to get witcher 3 downloaded and any updates that might drop. Turn on the console this evening, Witcher download not budged and I'm greeted with a prompt to download an update for the system. Very annoying.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Am I missing something with Instant- On mode? Left the console in instant on while I was away for the weekend to get witcher 3 downloaded and any updates that might drop. Turn on the console this evening, Witcher download not budged and I'm greeted with a prompt to download an update for the system. Very annoying.

I vaguely remember there being a box to tick to enable those downloads, but I ran into a similar issue with my former X1 despite having the appropriate box ticked, it sure was annoying expecting to be able to play halo after work only to see it still at 3%.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mickeroo wrote: »

It's almost certain that the system update has blocked out all other updates. Bit of a pain, but it seems to have a really strict priority on downloads for some reason, i.e. you can't even launch a game online if there's an update available, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I recently heard this on a podcast and it seems true. Basically they said that the Xbox 360 was a fluke and that it's now clear that the people who made the Xbox One are the same fools who made Vista and Windows 8. I like my Xbox One and wouldn't buy a PS4 but it's very true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I recently heard this on a podcast and it seems true. Basically they said that the Xbox 360 was a fluke and that it's now clear that the people who made the Xbox One are the same fools who made Vista and Windows 8. I like my Xbox One and wouldn't buy a PS4 but it's very true

No, different organisations with-in Microsoft, but the much of the same mentality that went into Windows 8 went into the Xbox One. It was, however, also a product of it's time.

Right when the Xbox One was in the early stages of development, the Wii was annihilating the competition, and Microsoft had just released the kinect, the fastest selling accessory in history, which had a huge profit margin on it. Looking at that from a business point of view right then and there, you'd have to think that motion control was THE new frontier of consoles.

Couple that with the data that showed the Xbox 360 was now used as much for media consumption as it was for games, you can easily see why they decided on a console with more media options, with the kinect as the primary control. In hindsight, it's a terrible idea, but that's with hindsight.

I'd say a fair few people in Microsoft knew a year before release that they'd missed the mark, but by that stage it was already way too late. Senior managers were committed to this vision, and it had to succeed for the betterment of their careers, so it was announced and released as is. They're gone now, in one of several massive purges that they've gone through since.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement