Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I had the drifting issue after about 8 months, contacted Amazon and they sent me out a new one for free.

Who did you buy it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Has anyone else had the issue of their left thumbstick drifting upwards? I was onto Microsoft but it's a Day One controller so not under warranty anymore.

The thumbsticks are sub standard, give Microsoft another buzz and some serious grief, they'll probably cave in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Has anyone else had the issue of their left thumbstick drifting upwards? I was onto Microsoft but it's a Day One controller so not under warranty anymore.

Ah, I said at the time that I should favourite the post, but totally forgot. The gist of the post was that the one year warranty that the manufacturer provide is in addition to your legal rights, which in Ireland is varies between two years and a frankly ridiculous 6 years. It's all to do with the reasonable lifetime of a product, and a single year for a controller is totally unreasonable, I've still got my original 360 controller working away.

If you bought it in a shop in Ireland you can deal directly with them, and they'll cave after a few "I know my rights", particularly if you find the post I was talking about. If you bought it online, I'm not so sure then.

EDIT: Found the page the post linked to anyway, see here. You could print that out, go in and talk to the manager and say that you're willing to take it to the small claims court.

Got message on live there with a BETA code for Smite of anyone wants it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Got message on live there with a BETA code for Smite of anyone wants it ?

Same if anyone else wants one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

What is smite?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Looks like the codes for ODST are being sent out now to you over xbox live(haven't gotten mine yet)

edit: code just after arriving :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

wexdevil wrote: »
    Looks like the codes for ODST are being sent out now to you over xbox live(haven't gotten mine yet)

edit: code just after arriving :D

Yup, got one there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mine arrived too. Is it any good? Never played anything outside of the original trilogy first time round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Mine arrived too. Is it any good? Never played anything outside of the original trilogy first time round.

It's good, slightly different to the master chief games because you're not really a super soldier and need to be a bot more tactical about it. But not much.

Decent storyline and about half the cast of Firefly in it.

Somebody should 'smite' the team responsible for the Xbox One interface, last night was a joke, even smartglass 'couldn't find what I was looking for'. I played my 360 for a few days during the week and it ran seamlessly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

What's this ODST thing about? Has it been digitally added to the MCC or something?

Myrddin wrote: »
    What's this ODST thing about? Has it been digitally added to the MCC or something?

I just got this message on Live

Halo 3: ODST campaign for Halo: The Master Chief Collection is ready! Here is your code: **********. Redeem by 6/30/2015. The Halo: MCC game is required to play Halo 3: ODST.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Myrddin wrote: »

It's essentially an expansion pack for it. Anyone that played MCC before the 19th December is getting it for free, while everyone else (me included :( ) will have to pay for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Got my code for ODST there on xbox live this morning was quite handy to set up press a button and thats it your code is added to your copy of Halo MCC.

ODST is quite a good halo from what i remember from when i got it back in 2009 i think it was ?. Really making me fell my age now :eek:. I still remainder getting halo 3 back in 2007 it came out the day i got my Jr cert results and the mother and father got it for me for passing all my exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

El Inho wrote: »
    hi all...just wanted to say hi. Getting the one tomorrow.

Going for an assasains creed bundle with kinect. Going to grab the tv tuner too, possibly pick up gta 5 and wolfenstein.

upgrading from the 360.

any tips for newbies?

Can someone explain or point me to a link that details what exactly the Tv Tuner does.

Whats the difference in having a tv tuner as opposed to having a sky box plugged into the back of your Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

joe123 wrote: »
    Can someone explain or point me to a link that details what exactly the Tv Tuner does.

Whats the difference in having a tv tuner as opposed to having a sky box plugged into the back of your Xbox?

It's like a saorview box essentially, but you aLao get some added functionality like streaming to smartglass etc. There's a whole thread on it in the Xbox section

joe123 wrote: »

It's like a saorview box essentially, but you aLao get some added functionality like streaming to smartglass etc. There's a whole thread on it in the Xbox section

Thread's here. Ask in there and I'd say someone will give you the run down on their experiences with it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Smite beta codes here at the moment:http://ie.ign.com/prime/promo/smite-xbox-beta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Just finished GTA V and went straight into Sleeping Dogs. Man is it sh$t! All the reviews for it are amazing but it feels like playing a PS1 game!

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Just finished GTA V and went straight into Sleeping Dogs. Man is it sh$t! All the reviews for it are amazing but it feels like playing a PS1 game!

In fairness, I think you're meant to go the other way, Sleeping dogs into GTA5.

It's like going from a €40 steak to a Lidl own brand reconstituted "beef" steak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Indeed it is. Couldn't stick anymore. Playing Max: The curse instead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Played sleeping dogs on 360 and really really loved it. That was before I played gta v of coarse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Could someone in preview send me an invite?

I think Irish ota is supported through there.

Looked for a thread but couldn't find.

Post your gamertag in the preview thread here, someone will get around to it.

Hey guys,

If someone could invite El dwarfo II - I would be eternally grateful!

El Inho wrote: »
    Hey guys,

If someone could invite El dwarfo II - I would be eternally grateful!

Lol you missed the rest of the post.

Click on THIS link: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057245101&page=56

and post your gamertag over there :p

Lol I'm on that bloody mobile app. Never does what I think haha

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

Hi,

I am in the process of buying a wheel for my xbone. I have looked at both Thrustmasters. The price between the TX and the 458 spider is massive.

What I want to know is: the spider 458 at €99 good? I know it's not force feedback. I take it's good on all race game like F1 or even project cars.

If anyone has one and could please just tell me what's it like.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement