Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Indeed it is. Couldn't stick anymore. Playing Max: The curse instead

I enjoyed Max. It was fun while it lasted.

If you're at a loose end go back to Sleeping Dogs at some point. It lacks the refinement of GTA but is more enjoyable the further you get into the game. The hand to hand combat is fun once you get the hang of it, and some of the later missions are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

CatInABox wrote: »
    Ah, I said at the time that I should favourite the post, but totally forgot. The gist of the post was that the one year warranty that the manufacturer provide is in addition to your legal rights, which in Ireland is varies between two years and a frankly ridiculous 6 years. It's all to do with the reasonable lifetime of a product, and a single year for a controller is totally unreasonable, I've still got my original 360 controller working away.

If you bought it in a shop in Ireland you can deal directly with them, and they'll cave after a few "I know my rights", particularly if you find the post I was talking about. If you bought it online, I'm not so sure then.

EDIT: Found the page the post linked to anyway, see here. You could print that out, go in and talk to the manager and say that you're willing to take it to the small claims court.

Many thanks CatInABox for your help with this. I went in to Gamestop and the regional manager was there. He told me they wouldn't replace it. I showed him the pages I'd printed out, he wouldn't read them. He said unless I can prove the controller broke within the first 6 months that I couldn't get a replacement. I then told him it was actually my third or fourth controller as Microsoft had replaced a few. He said he'd need a printed email proving that. Luckily I had saved my emails from Microsoft on my phone, showed him about 10, none of which he was happy with. He said the email had to be in the last 12 months. Finally I found one from last June and he reluctantly gave me a new controller, and told me I was doing well to get a replacement for a Day One controller. Thankfully, I've gone all digital this gen so I have no dealings with Gamestop anymore, I only bought the console there as they were doing a midnight launch. Anyway, delighted to get a new controller. Thanks again for your help.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Many thanks CatInABox for your help with this. I went in to Gamestop and the regional manager was there. He told me they wouldn't replace it. I showed him the pages I'd printed out, he wouldn't read them. He said unless I can prove the controller broke within the first 6 months that I couldn't get a replacement. I then told him it was actually my third or fourth controller as Microsoft had replaced a few. He said he'd need a printed email proving that. Luckily I had saved my emails from Microsoft on my phone, showed him about 10, none of which he was happy with. He said the email had to be in the last 12 months. Finally I found one from last June and he reluctantly gave me a new controller, and told me I was doing well to get a replacement for a Day One controller. Thankfully, I've gone all digital this gen so I have no dealings with Gamestop anymore, I only bought the console there as they were doing a midnight launch. Anyway, delighted to get a new controller. Thanks again for your help.

Good work on getting them to cave.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Assetto Corsa coming to Xbox ONE 2016.

Words cannot express how ****ing excited I am for this game and how happy I am now it's finally happening! :eek::eek::eek: :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Gizmo55 wrote: »

Managers will say whatever they want and you were able to use his own bull**** against him but considering MS swapped out the controllers already Gamestop weren't liable for it any more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

Has anyone played the evil within?

Nearly picked it up today but thought id ask on here first

Wow, this is crazy. Some woman got fired from Bethesda early last year so she posted all the info about Fallout 4 on reddit in revenge. Nobody believed her and everyone made fun of her. Now it's looking like everything she said was true. If it is, she said it will release in October which makes sense as Fallout 3 & New Vegas both released in October. But she also said there will be a PS3 & 360 version a few months after release.

You can read it all here including a DLC road map. There's a slight spoiler telling you the story plot of the start of the game:

https://np.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/28v2dn/i_played_fallout_4/

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Wow, this is crazy. Some woman got fired from Bethesda early last year so she posted all the info about Fallout 4 on reddit in revenge. Nobody believed her and everyone made fun of her. Now it's looking like everything she said was true. If it is, she said it will release in October which makes sense as Fallout 3 & New Vegas both released in October. But she also said there will be a PS3 & 360 version a few months after release.

You can read it all here including a DLC road map. There's a slight spoiler telling you the story plot of the start of the game:

I'd love it if there was a 360 version, it may have been in development for a time but I doubt it will be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Did anyone see the need for speed trailer? It's only 35 seconds long but looks really decent

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Well, that's her reference out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Hope I can get help here, I've had the Xbox one since last November, only in the last few days my controller has been giving me trouble, the left analog stick even tough its in its normal position it seems to be moving up, its not a big issue but annoying in certain games ( I might be sniping in destiny only to see that I am walking into the middle of open fire), just wondering if anyone had a similar issue and is it an easy fix?

Hococop wrote: »
    Hope I can get help here, I've had the Xbox one since last November, only in the last few days my controller has been giving me trouble, the left analog stick even tough its in its normal position it seems to be moving up, its not a big issue but annoying in certain games ( I might be sniping in destiny only to see that I am walking into the middle of open fire), just wondering if anyone had a similar issue and is it an easy fix?

The controller drift is a common problem.

Here's 1 forum post about it: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4677/t/1846667.aspx

Here's a possible fix but looks pretty technical:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Xbox-one-controller-Thumbstick-fix-without-replaci/

if you google "Xbox Controller Drift" you will get thousands of results about it.

Also, if you scroll up in the forum a few posts back. 1 of the lads managed to get his day 1 controller replaced in Gamestop.

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

The controller drift is a common problem.

Here's 1 forum post about it: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4677/t/1846667.aspx

Here's a possible fix but looks pretty technical:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Xbox-one-controller-Thumbstick-fix-without-replaci/

if you google "Xbox Controller Drift" you will get thousands of results about it.

Also, if you scroll up in the forum a few posts back. 1 of the lads managed to get his day 1 controller replaced in Gamestop.

Best of luck with it.

Cheers misky yeah I'd like to have a go at fixing it but seeing as its my only controller I'd like to get another one before I try it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

I have an 8 year old rig pc that only needed minor upgrades , its 8 years old for christ sake and can handle higher frame rates and better res (1080p) , I look now at my xb1 in disgust, such an overpriced lump of crap . So pissed off with the titles 2 years after launch. Not one decent rally game , no 1080p, nothing there that is that impressive or next Gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Finishing up Max: Brotherhood and debating what to play/get next. I have Forza 5 (came with my Day One Xbox) but never really played it. This or Horizon 2? What are people's thoughts on F5?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Finishing up Max: Brotherhood and debating what to play/get next. I have Forza 5 (came with my Day One Xbox) but never really played it. This or Horizon 2? What are people's thoughts on F5?

Forza 5 is a good game but it gets a bit boring after a while imo. Haven't played horizon 2 yet but I reckon it would be alot better than Forza 5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Congrats on completing Max! I got stuck towards the end, must get back to it. I personally prefer FM5 but they're very different games. FH2 is much more of an arcade game. They're both brilliant thought imo. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Xbox took a little tumble last night thanks to the cat, had it sitting slightly over the edge of the unit so I could plug in a USB stick.

Cat saw this as an invitation to climb all over it and it tipped over, landed flush with a thud on the floor.

It appears to be ok though, absolutely shat myself when it happened :pac:

maximoose wrote: »
    Xbox took a little tumble last night thanks to the cat, had it sitting slightly over the edge of the unit so I could plug in a USB stick.

Cat saw this as an invitation to climb all over it and it tipped over, landed flush with a thud on the floor.

It appears to be ok though, absolutely shat myself when it happened :pac:

Lands on it's feet just like the cat !!!! :D

Nothing like that sickening feeling when something expensive falls and you pick it up or turn it on to see if it's still working or if a screen is broken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Lands on it's feet just like the cat !!!! :D

Nothing like that sickening feeling when something expensive falls and you pick it up or turn it on to see if it's still working or if a screen is broken.

or that rush of adrenaline where your brain seems to think that the quicker you pick something up, the less damage there will be. :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

My mum sent my 360 flying once a few Christmases ago after tripping on a cable, it destroyed the disc in it but the console was fine. If it wasn't for the fact she had just brought me in a mug of tea and a turkey sandwich I would have been livid :o

Mickeroo wrote: »
    My mum sent my 360 flying once a few Christmases ago after tripping on a cable, it destroyed the disc in it but the console was fine. If it wasn't for the fact she had just brought me in a mug of tea and a turkey sandwich I would have been livid :o

remember the original xbox had a kind of quick release thing on the controller lead?, They must have worried this 25kg console was going to kill whoever it landed on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Forza 5 is a good game but it gets a bit boring after a while imo. Haven't played horizon 2 yet but I reckon it would be alot better than Forza 5
    Forza Horizon is more fun that Forza 5 (not as heavy in the sim department) - but if you have F5, I wouldn't spend extra to get FH2.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

Hi guys,is it possible to buy speakers for xbox one,I had xbox 360 hooked up to hifi system

diceyd wrote: »
    Hi guys,is it possible to buy speakers for xbox one,I had xbox 360 hooked up to hifi system

how was it connected to the hifi? theres an optical out jack on the one, just like on 360?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

dbit wrote: »
    I have an 8 year old rig pc that only needed minor upgrades , its 8 years old for christ sake and can handle higher frame rates and better res (1080p) , I look now at my xb1 in disgust, such an overpriced lump of crap . So pissed off with the titles 2 years after launch. Not one decent rally game , no 1080p, nothing there that is that impressive or next Gen.

I'm not backing up the Xbox One as I am critical of mine but it's not just the Xbox One that is unimpressive, you could easily say the same for the PS4. This generation is dreadful with the respective consoles being graphically maxed out already with titles such as AC Unity lagging because the consoles can't handle it.

I heard on ThePodcastShow that the gap between consoles is only going to get smaller and smaller due to the above reasons which makes sense. PC gaming almost seems like the way forward and maybe in a few years I'll buy myself a nice rig.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

Stone deaf which slot is it on the one mate

diceyd wrote: »
    Stone deaf which slot is it on the one mate

It's in between the two hdmi ports.

console-5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

I'm not backing up the Xbox One as I am critical of mine but it's not just the Xbox One that is unimpressive, you could easily say the same for the PS4. This generation is dreadful with the respective consoles being graphically maxed out already with titles such as AC Unity lagging because the consoles can't handle it.

I heard on ThePodcastShow that the gap between consoles is only going to get smaller and smaller due to the above reasons which makes sense. PC gaming almost seems like the way forward and maybe in a few years I'll buy myself a nice rig.

Too many fan boys here to take notice of the ass ripping they have been handed . Most in here would purchase Denis O briens Irish air for fcuk sake.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement