Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Personally i don't think MS will enter into the next gen after this , I say they'll either bomb it altogether or sell it off as a separate entity. After another 6-8 years Gaming will be a cloud backed enterprise to lower piracy and all that good luvin from DRM management systems . Oh what it is to be Irish and paying well over the odds for games compared to the land of the Free. (totally cynical here like lads)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

dbit wrote: »
    Too many fan boys here to take notice of the ass ripping they have been handed . Most in here would purchase Denis O briens Irish air for fcuk sake.
    Personally i don't think MS will enter into the next gen after this , I say they'll either bomb it altogether or sell it off as a separate entity. After another 6-8 years Gaming will be a cloud backed enterprise to lower piracy and all that good luvin from DRM management systems . Oh what it is to be Irish and paying well over the odds for games compared to the land of the Free. (totally cynical here like lads)

Does somebody need a hug?

Does somebody need a hug?

Well if yuor dolling out some luvin , while your down there and all. :o

I am ready to sell it off to some gob****e im not impressed one bit with Two years of Next Gen , It was a developers dream not a finished product in any way shape or form , still isint. Get out now while itll still fetch some good money i think. I have an 8 year old PC creams this piece of **** Gen to pieces , also as per Advanced Gh0st Same applies to the ps4. Next Gen console was a major dupe this time round . Gaming rigs even bog standard ones are cheaper , faster , more impressive all round game stations and will outlast the Bone without even trying.Also ps4 .. Happy now bone boys ?

Fcuking 12 more posts c'maaaaan.

• Advertisement

1TB Xbox one spotted on amazon with release date of June 15 and listing since removed so 404 now reported by several sites. Was 399 US also came with new controller with e 3.5 mm jack.

Which is good news for me as if they have the jack and no adaptor and it;s volume controls it means they will finally have to implement on screen volume levels for headsets like PS4 one of the few things I wanted that PS4 had. Thought that to me would have been the kind of thing that should have been in the preview dash by now ?

Will it be able to generate 1.21 Gigawatts ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5cYgRnfFDA maybe even 88 miles per hour ?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

It could be worse. I remember seeing €70 xbox 360 games in France and Germany well after €60 was the highest you'd see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

I tried to get ea access with money that's on my Microsoft account last night and failed to do so, is this not possible to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

tripperman wrote: »
    I tried to get ea access with money that's on my Microsoft account last night and failed to do so, is this not possible to do?
    Correct, it's not possible to setup using money from your MS account.

EA look for payment details to set up a subscription similar to the way Netflix do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Correct, it's not possible to setup using money from your MS account.

EA look for payment details to setup a subscription similar to the way Netflix do.

Ah great and is it same with Xbox live they don't allow it ether, I have about 30 Euro on it for a while so thought I'd would try ea access,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I am ready to sell it off to some gob****e im not impressed one bit with Two years of Next Gen , It was a developers dream not a finished product in any way shape or form , still isint. Get out now while itll still fetch some good money i think. I have an 8 year old PC creams this piece of **** Gen to pieces , also as per Advanced Gh0st Same applies to the ps4. Next Gen console was a major dupe this time round . Gaming rigs even bog standard ones are cheaper , faster , more impressive all round game stations and will outlast the Bone without even trying.Also ps4 .. Happy now bone boys ?

I sold my X1 after 2 months, I just expected a lot more to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Still have mine but the only game I bought for it is Halo Master Chief Collection. Which is an absolutely stellar package, but realistically, you can still play all of those games bar Halo 2 Anniversary on the 360.

Only thing stopping me from selling it is Fallout 4, always prefered playing on console rather than PC for those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I sold my X1 after 2 months, I just expected a lot more to be honest.

Genuine question. Why do you still read the Xbox One forum if you've sold yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Genuine question. Why do you still read the Xbox One forum if you've sold yours?

I don't, I was following a thread in here ages ago and decided to check the forum out. I do the same with a lot of other forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Free Hat

I guess I'm a little disappointed with the games available for the xbox one to date but I assume it was a similar situation with the other consoles on their release?

It's just p1ss poor everyone knows it , just cant accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I still have my Xbox One, I always think it's pretty poor, the interface is slow and that's if it works at all. Fairly disappointed I must say, and don't get me started on the sub standard controllers. I actually have my 360 set-up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

The problem with this 1tb xbox one is if it is priced at 400 dollars in US then the way Microsoft's pricing is going lately it will be 450 euros over here which I would not spend on any console and would be a ridiculous price at this stage but I could see that happening since the rrp of the xbox one here is still 400 euros.
    I think I might wait til black friday.
    I'm not even sure if I'm going to buy an xbox one anymore the fact they have to dial down the resolution to 900p or less on most games is disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

People having different requirements to you doesnt mean they are fanboys. There are plenty of people that are happy with their consoles.

• Advertisement

quinnd6 wrote: »
    The problem with this 1tb xbox one is if it is priced at 400 dollars in US then the way Microsoft's pricing is going lately it will be 450 euros over here which I would not spend on any console and would be a ridiculous price at this stage but I could see that happening since the rrp of the xbox one here is still 400 euros.
    I think I might wait til black friday.
    I'm not even sure if I'm going to buy an xbox one anymore the fact they have to dial down the resolution to 900p or less on most games is disappointing.

400usd excludes sales tax. People tend to forget that when they look at us prices. Also, you price what the market can bear. If they thought people would pay 3k here that would be the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I'm sorry but I find it too funny the way the regulars gone quiet since people have started posting their problems with the Xbox One. Look I like my Xbox One and I know it's faulty but when someone says something you don't like, don't ignore it! XD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I'm sorry but I find it too funny the way the regulars gone quiet since people have started posting their problems with the Xbox One. Look I like my Xbox One and I know it's faulty but when someone says something you don't like, don't ignore it! XD

Plus one.

Who's ignoring what now, did i miss something exciting?

If something is faulty send it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Free Hat

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed with it as a piece of hardware. The new controller is great, especially the rumble triggers. Fantastic addition especially for shooters and car racing games.

Unlike others, I haven't had a single issue with the console itself. Its worked perfectly since I took it out of the box. I love the UI and it runs perfectly for me.

My issue is with the games currently available but since I consider Halo, Gears of War and Forza as essential purchases I was always going to get an Xbox.

The idea of building a rig for gaming just doesn't appeal to me, I don't have the time nor do I want to spend that kind of money on gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Its not that they've gone quiet, it's just that we know there's no point in arguing or debating with someone whose mind is made up, or only intent on p1ssing on the console. It'd be like going over to the cycling forum and telling them all they're morons for not buying motorcycles. I'll be the first to admit the xb1 has plenty of areas it can be improved upon,but I've also had some of the best gaming moments I can remember on it too.
    Also, I personally think this is one of the friendliest xbox forums around, plenty folk going out of their way to help others.

Who's ignoring what now, did i miss something exciting?

If something is faulty send it back.

Excuse me my sentence should have said that the Xbox One has it's problems.

Free Hat wrote: »
    The idea of building a rig for gaming just doesn't appeal to me, I don't have the time nor do I want to spend that kind of money on gaming.

This isn't 1990, a gaming PC comparable in price would have better performance and take as long to set up as the console takes to OOBE. Consoles just fit different niches.

Excuse me my sentence should have said that the Xbox One has it's problems.

Yes it has, mountains of them. Plenty of things it gets right though.

• Advertisement

Its not that they've gone quiet, it's just that we know there's no point in arguing or debating with someone whose mind is made up, or only intent on p1ssing on the console. It'd be like going over to the cycling forum and telling them all they're morons for not buying motorcycles. I'll be the first to admit the xb1 has plenty of areas it can be improved upon,but I've also had some of the best gaming moments I can remember on it too.
    Also, I personally think this is one of the friendliest xbox forums around, plenty folk going out of their way to help others.

I'd partly agree with that, except the two times that I have asked questions I've received replies taking the píss.
    Example one, I asked if anybody knew about whether hey would be bringing in the ability to rip cds onto the Xbox One, someone replied "lol what's a cd" and got 20 likes. That left a bad taste in my mouth for a while but I went back and after a while and I enjoyed reading the thread so the other day I asked about the rumour of Ryse coming out on games with gold on the Games with Gold thread, I had to ask twice because the first time I got a load of answers with " ;) ". Now I plan on staying on this thread for the foreseeable future but it's very off-putting when it's a struggle to get an answer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement