Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

tkd93 wrote: »
    whats peoples thoughts on the price of the new 1 tb model. Will it be 449 r only 399 with the 500gb dropping to 349. Want to pick up one but no way im going over 400.
    I think its better value to buy the 500GB version and buying a 2TB portable hard drive to go with it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Did anyone here get Elder Scrolls Online or plan on getting it soon?

Asked on the ESO thread on here but doesn't seem to be many Xbox players.

We had a good group of players on destiny when I played that. Be great to see a Boards guild going!

I won't be getting it. Used to play an MMO, until I realised that there wasn't anything keeping me playing other than waiting until my xp got high enough to level.

Can't imagine it'll do well either, hasn't exactly lit up the scene on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've ended up with a lot more games than I would have ever picked up before. I think overall spending more on xbox than if I wasn't game sharing so I think it's a win win for both Microsoft/game devs and the customers :D

More games than I have room to install, or time to play :(

Bloody magnificent pain in the arse it is :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    I won't be getting it. Used to play an MMO, until I realised that there wasn't anything keeping me playing other than waiting until my xp got high enough to level.

Can't imagine it'll do well either, hasn't exactly lit up the scene on PC.

I'm the same, Theres only 2 games that I can see myself dictating that kind of time to in the near future - the Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 and even then, the fact that I can stop, save and quit whenever I want is a major boon.

That being said, I reckon it'll actually do quite well on the consoles, apart from neverwinter there are no other MMOs.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm very tempted by it but tbh, it's hard enough to pull myself away from Destiny at the moment and I don't want another addictive grind fest getting in the way of my backlog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'm very tempted by it but tbh, it's hard enough to pull myself away from Destiny at the moment and I don't want another addictive grind fest getting in the way of my backlog.
    By the looks of it, flogging Destiny just before Christmas was the best thing I ever did! The grind was awful. And still people persevere. I really liked it, but I find myself trying to remember what the hell was it about?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Get a room you two!
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    You two should totally hook up :P

surely we should have dinner first :D

erkifino wrote: »
    By the looks of it, flogging Destiny just before Christmas was the best thing I ever did! The grind was awful. And still people persevere. I really liked it, but I find myself trying to remember what the hell was it about?!

I’m in a similar boat with destiny, I enjoyed it at the time, it is kind of meaningless but there is undoubtedly some sort of magic to it that keeps people attached. Load of people on my friends list are still playing regularly. I’ve toyed with the idea of getting the season pass a few times, but I’m kinda leaning towards the fact that I could be playing other games and experiencing new stuff.
    I’m currently playing Halo MCC, it has all the great gunplay and PVE of destiny, but at least I feel like I’m actually getting some sort of a story payoff from it as well. The only thing I miss is the Aim Down Sights mechanic.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's a lot less grindy now than it used to be, but it mostly relies on addiction rather than enjoyment to keep you hooked. The community aspect of it is what keeps me going back though really.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's a lot less grindy now than it used to be, but it mostly relies on addiction rather than enjoyment to keep you hooked. The community aspect of it is what keeps me going back though really.

yeah, the couple of Vault of Glass raids I did were brilliant, despite how convoluted the whole thing seemed at the time, but Bohiro on here was a good guide. There aren't many games where every team member needs to perform well to succeed at the objective, and I have to tip my hat to them for building it that way.

• Advertisement

yeah, the couple of Vault of Glass raids I did were brilliant, despite how convoluted the whole thing seemed at the time, but Bohiro on here was a good guide. There aren't many games where every team member needs to perform well to succeed at the objective, and I have to tip my hat to them for building it that way.

Yeah the Raids are by far the best feature, a shame there's only 2. There's a really good new PvP mode since the last DLC called Trials of Osiris too, shame it's only on at the weekends though when my gaming time is at its most limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

If its above 400 completely agree with you especially with some of the bargain deals argos have been doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Putting your games on an external allows you to easily take then with you if you go to a mates, or saves you redownloading if you need to oobe the box or have mutiple consoles you play on. I dont think anything bar apps are on my console, the games are nearly all on an external.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

The controller drift is a common problem.

Here's 1 forum post about it: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4677/t/1846667.aspx

Here's a possible fix but looks pretty technical:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Xbox-one-controller-Thumbstick-fix-without-replaci/

if you google "Xbox Controller Drift" you will get thousands of results about it.

Also, if you scroll up in the forum a few posts back. 1 of the lads managed to get his day 1 controller replaced in Gamestop.

Best of luck with it.

looking into it now and yeah its a bit more work than i thought, i remember a few years ago i had trouble with a xbox 360 controller, rang xbox/microsoft customer services with the issue and they sent out a new controller no charge, i wonder would i have the same luck or have they become more strict on these things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Well the xbox one 1tb is on the microsoftstore site and costs 450 euros and that's with no game so double insult to injury there because not only is it more expensive but it comes with no games.
    Maybe argos and some other stores might sell it a bit cheaper because no one in their right mind is going to buy it at that price.
    Microsoft really don't want anyone from Europe buying consoles on their website because they're the biggest rip-off ever.
    They don't seem to want our business anymore.:mad:
    Are they going to keep making and selling the 500gb xbox ones over here or are they going to be gone after a while?
    There are some good deals to be had on the 500gb xbox ones(not on the microsoft site but elsewhere).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

What's the external hard drive that ye all recommend? It's been posted multiple times but I never payed heed to it so this time I'll add it to my Amazon wish list :)

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/1TB-Xbox-One-+-Halo-The-Master-Chief-Collection-Bundle/productID.318281200?Icid=Homepage_Hero_2_Xbox_One_Eastwood_060915

Makes you sick the sheer value the Americans get what costs us 500 euro converts to the equivalent of 350 euro in us.

oh and they get a 50 dollar gift card on top of that -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

What's the external hard drive that ye all recommend? It's been posted multiple times but I never payed heed to it so this time I'll add it to my Amazon wish list :)

I got a seagate 2tb in argos for around 80, doing the job perfectly. I think alot of people on here have that one aswel

Ehh I think 80 squid is a bit much for me I'd say I would only need a 1TB drive but still thanks very much, I'll add that to my wishlist so I don't forget :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The king of steering wheels has just announced their next wheel. The G29 and it's compatible with XB1 & PS4. €399 however.

11535820_1158847060808277_7688150848554129929_n.jpg?oh=593a112041e84e28b5e0fa9c908c903a&oe=5603539B

The king of steering wheels has just announced their next wheel. The G29 and it's compatible with XB1 & PS4. €399 however.

11535820_1158847060808277_7688150848554129929_n.jpg?oh=593a112041e84e28b5e0fa9c908c903a&oe=5603539B

I have an almost brand new microsoft wheel from my 360, I'm hoping against hope that the new adapter that's coming out with the new rockband will allow it to work with my xb1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Well the xbox one 1tb is on the microsoftstore site and costs 450 euros and that's with no game so double insult to injury there because not only is it more expensive but it comes with no games.
    Maybe argos and some other stores might sell it a bit cheaper because no one in their right mind is going to buy it at that price.
    Microsoft really don't want anyone from Europe buying consoles on their website because they're the biggest rip-off ever.
    They don't seem to want our business anymore.:mad:
    Are they going to keep making and selling the 500gb xbox ones over here or are they going to be gone after a while?
    There are some good deals to be had on the 500gb xbox ones(not on the microsoft site but elsewhere).

I get the feeling the 1TB will replace the 500GB in the long term. Both Sony and MS seem to want to avoid multiple SKUs wherever possible, especially MS as they really confused the average customer with all the different types of 360s.

How much is P&P for an Xbox One game from Amazon US? Would it work out cheaper than the UK version?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

How much is P&P for an Xbox One game from Amazon US? Would it work out cheaper than the UK version?

I'm not sure how much P&P is but I'm pretty sure I heard the shops here won't take the US version of a game if you ever wanted to trade it in.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how much P&P is but I'm pretty sure I heard the shops here won't take the US version of a game if you ever wanted to trade it in.

I'm sure somebody will know. The reason I ask is because I compared the price of Witcher 3 (excluding P&P) on Amazon US and on Amazon UK just for an example. The US version converts to €44.41 while the UK version is €60.41, €20 in the difference! As long as the postage isn't anymore than a tenner and you're in no rush to get the game I'd say it'd be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I'm sure somebody will know. The reason I ask is because I compared the price of Witcher 3 (excluding P&P) on Amazon US and on Amazon UK just for an example. The US version converts to €44.41 while the UK version is €60.41, €20 in the difference! As long as the postage isn't anymore than a tenner and you're in no rush to get the game I'd say it'd be worth it.

The digital version is €53.50 on cdkeys.

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-xbox-one

Gizmo55 wrote: »

Hmmm maybe ;) Thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

tkd93 wrote: »
    http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/1TB-Xbox-One-+-Halo-The-Master-Chief-Collection-Bundle/productID.318281200?Icid=Homepage_Hero_2_Xbox_One_Eastwood_060915

Makes you sick the sheer value the Americans get what costs us 500 euro converts to the equivalent of 350 euro in us.

Price excludes sales tax. Comparing a single date point and ignoring income levels isn't a fair comparison either.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Price excludes sales tax. Comparing a single date point and ignoring income levels isn't a fair comparison either.

Exactly so in California you would add another $35 or 10% to the price , in New York it would be an extra $31.04 or 8.87%.

Or my personal favorite ;););) If you live in a place called Delaware you pay $0.00 or 0% extra :D:D:D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement