Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/609049739712036864

Didn't see that coming. Xbox announces partnership with oculus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

What a day. What a lovely day!!

CD86B48B-57FA-4BFB-BE79-222A8AC173BA_zpsdliufiv0.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Makes sense when you think about it, is great to hear though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

shuffles03 wrote: »
    What a day. What a lovely day!!

CD86B48B-57FA-4BFB-BE79-222A8AC173BA_zpsdliufiv0.jpg

Throw up another few photos of the unboxing !!

• https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/609049739712036864

uDkd8wg.gif
    :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's actually really surprising. It's also, without doubt, the smartest thing that Microsoft has done in the gaming space for years.

Can't wait to try out an Oculus, and this just increases the desire.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Elite Dangerous coming out this year too which will be perfect for it. This is great news.

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's actually really surprising. It's also, without doubt, the smartest thing that Microsoft has done in the gaming space for years.

Can't wait to try out an Oculus, and this just increases the desire.

Yup why develop from the ground up when you can license at a fraction of the cost and it benefits Oculus too.

I'm unconvinced by these sets though , for it to be truly immersive surely you should be free of a controller and most importantly be able to walk and move around at will, which is impossible unless you own a large padded warehouse or something :pac:

I'm not closed to the tech though I guess it really just depends on what developers do with it doesn't it? Won't write it off until I've tried it.

emmetkenny wrote: »

Will do! It's massive!! Very cool

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Will do! It's massive!! Very cool

Looks great, curious how much is it? No worries if you don't want to say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Hococop wrote: »
    Looks great, curious how much is it? No worries if you don't want to say

They sell for £139.99 on Amazon & game.co.uk. Approximately €193.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

What's oculus?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,978 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

rottie 11 wrote: »
    What's oculus?

A virtual reality headset. The oculus rift is the leader in the vr space, in that they are the ones who have pushed vr forward in the last couple of years, others have jumped on their bandwagon.

rottie 11 wrote: »
    What's oculus?

Google Oculus Rift for info, it's basically a vr headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Looks cool. So wel be gaming with big glasses over our eyes next :D

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    They sell for £139.99 on Amazon & game.co.uk. Approximately €193.

It was a little bit alright.....€169. Found it in GameStop Blanchardstown. FYI, that particular store seems to have every type of Collector's Edition for every game in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

With the 1TB announcement and the occulus agreement hitting the media before E3 is it naive of me to think something is gonna be announced to kick the One up a notch?

erkifino wrote: »
    With the 1TB announcement and the occulus agreement hitting the media before E3 is it naive of me to think something is gonna be announced to kick the One up a notch?

hard to know really, Phil Spencer has touted this years E3 as their most game focused yet. whats surprising is that Crackdown and Scalebound aren't being shown as they feel it'll be too crowded a lineup.
    Its entirely possible that they'll be leaning heavily on the whole windows 10 / cross platform streaming side of things, which is grand, but doesn't hold a lot of interest for me personally.

either way, we don't have long to wait, roll on sunday for bethesdas conference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

erkifino wrote: »

Half-life 3 confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just done and dusted with halo 4 there in the MCC. Strange thing happened as i have finished all the other halos on disc the advecments never pop for finishing both halo 4 and all the halos has that ever happened for anyone and anyone know a work around to get then to pop ?.

This is the 1st time thay advecments have never pop for me on the xbox one :/. Only strange thing to happen with thrm before was on titanfall where it pop 300 gamer score at the one time for things I know I didn't do :/.

• Advertisement

Just done and dusted with halo 4 there in the MCC. Strange thing happened as i have finished all the other halos on disc the advecments never pop for finishing both halo 4 and all the halos has that ever happened for anyone and anyone know a work around to get then to pop ?.

This is the 1st time thay advecments have never pop for me on the xbox one :/. Only strange thing to happen with thrm before was on titanfall where it pop 300 gamer score at the one time for things I know I didn't do :/.

Try restarting the console. Halo seems to have had a lot of problems with achievements popping though, but they always seem to come in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Try restarting the console. Halo seems to have had a lot of problems with achievements popping though, but they always seem to come in the end.

Thanks going to give that a go there and see what happens.

That did not pop them at all :/ Bit mad now 2 days none stop Halo 3 and 4 meant notting LoL.

Just finished the prologue in TW3. Didn't know I needed to finish a few side quests before going after the Griffin and have subsequently failed them and can't go back (due to saves).

It's my first Witcher experience and I must say, it's also one of the first times that I've actually wanted to listen to the conversation and dialogue, it's very good!

Finding it hard to get to grips with controls though. The inventory, levelling up, potion/item making is a bit confusing at the moment (not really sure what I'm clicking, it seems to be working but I've no idea what I did or why I did it). Also, bit confused as to what I should be looking out for to buy etc?. Is the prologue my only tutorial regarding this area?

Quick question; after missing a few missions by completing the prologue, should I put all of my focus on side missions (effectively I'd be grinding to level up as much as possible) before going any further?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Thanks going to give that a go there and see what happens.

That did not pop them at all :/ Bit mad now 2 days none stop Halo 3 and 4 meant notting LoL.

They'll pop eventually. I remember some achievements in Ryse popped months after I'd finished it.

Snap the achievement app with the game running, likely they will be sat on "done, unlocking" I've had ones like that for a week or more in the past.

Also often you might not see a pop up when they do decide to unlock or they will pop while playing something else or when you boot up the console.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    They'll pop eventually. I remember some achievements in Ryse popped months after I'd finished it.

Those were actually new ones they added I'd say there was a title update for it a while back that added new ones, and they unlocked if you had met the requirements already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Those were actually new ones they added I'd say there was a title update for it a while back that added new ones, and they unlocked if you had met the requirements already.

These were game completion achievements iirc.

emmetkenny wrote: »

D7DAE07B-ADDF-473A-9E80-A5F27179B551_zpsa6d1ozyp.jpg

7B1B8FC5-8171-4FB8-AD9A-770732E77CF9_zpspraic4o9.jpg

CE499EE9-C79E-40A9-8E51-293D4912646B_zpsozptdpkh.jpg

D2948279-9976-4155-AB16-DE0D91421F83_zpszxjarecb.jpg

C122E455-81CE-452E-A9C2-62A2641BF5B7_zps4lqyyfkl.jpg

9C5D1AAD-F64B-425D-BF47-AE2611587F33_zps7tmvbv1y.jpg

C4BF138C-CE6B-4E56-9CE3-E8442DDB2F2C_zps3zyzylr8.jpg

293377B7-7F96-46C5-A52E-7C65A5E110DD_zpsdmmgzmzc.jpg

7EB5547F-6CF6-4025-946B-5D2D3BDBED94_zpsypdduvd5.jpg

3EFE545A-3F78-4687-AC02-9C6F90006465_zpsipglgtdz.jpg

04B8DD1F-10D5-4C28-862E-73E90BD856C2_zpsxj326tu8.jpg

8DD468FF-8366-4383-A7A2-2C8B10D11320_zpsiusyvgqy.jpg

FC71A7BD-EDEE-4BC0-BBE9-37676DD8E6E0_zps7a9h73is.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Wow, that looks awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Try this. Launch the MC collection game. Once at the main menu sign out of Xbox Live and then sign in to return to the main menu. This usually forces achievements to pop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement