Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Yeah, I went from 'show me the games at E3' which is what was the stated message before the reveal. The E3 conference, I was happy with, it was the post show nonsense that annoyed me a lot. I went from really wanting the One to no way of getting one (with those policies) in hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Details on the June Update for X1

Larry Hryb ‏@majornelson 14m
    External storage, real name display, Smartglass updates and more coming to Xbox One in June http://mjr.mn/1neuZ9Y

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Details on the June Update for X1

Larry Hryb ‏@majornelson 14m
    External storage, real name display, Smartglass updates and more coming to Xbox One in June http://mjr.mn/1neuZ9Y

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

awww yeah, oneguide finally coming to europe. be interesting to see how this plays out. Also, real name support! Hopefully you can turn that off though. I'd be mortified if anyone found out that my real name is Jack Enhoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Most importantly, we heard your feedback that to make this most useful you need full control. You’ll be able to share with all your friends, a subset of your choosing, friends of friends or none at all. The choice is yours. Also, your name doesn’t show up in games, and you can change your settings any time from your profile and when adding new friends.

You're safe for now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Only supporting USB 3.0 enabled drives, makes sense and expense :(

Edit: Oh what a surprise Ireland is not on the list for One Guide availability in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Gotta give props to MS for these monthly updates!

calex71 wrote: »
    Only supporting USB 3.0 enabled drives, makes sense and expense :(

http://www.dabs.ie/products/samsung-4tb-d3-station-usb-3-0-desktop-hard-drive-997Y.html?refs=47210000&src=2

139€ for 4TB

hardly a deal breaker IMO.

Ah I know they aren't expensive I'm just sat looking at several TB's of them in front of me here ..... all 2.0 :o

An expense as opposed to expensive :D

Ah I know they aren't expensive I'm just sat looking at several TB's of them in front of me here ..... all 2.0 :o

gotcha.

I'm forever putting off buying another drive as I'm a mean git. watching the prices go down and the capacities go up. :rolleyes:

Also - seeing as the drive has to be formatted to work with the xbox one, I'm assuming that you cant use it for storing your general media as well - i.e. load up a few movies from your laptop, then plug them in and play them.

• Advertisement

gotcha.

I'm forever putting off buying another drive as I'm a mean git. watching the prices go down and the capacities go up. :rolleyes:

Also - seeing as the drive has to be formatted to work with the xbox one, I'm assuming that you cant use it for storing your general media as well - i.e. load up a few movies from your laptop, then plug them in and play them.

Hmmm that remains to be seen alright, maybe it will ignore an existing partition or maybe it will look to seize the whole drive, wasn't an issue with the 360 because of the partition size limit of fat32

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Edit: Oh what a surprise Ireland is not on the list for One Guide availability in Europe

Jeez, we really get left behind don't we. Have voice controls even been added for Ireland yet?

Myrddin wrote: »
    Jeez, we really get left behind don't we. Have voice controls even been added for Ireland yet?

No so might as well go all in and leave it sat to UK permanently, actually might get some functionality with a sky box / saorview box that way maybe I'll test it when we get the update.

No so might as well go all in and leave it sat to UK permanently, actually might get some functionality with a sky box / saorview box that way maybe I'll test it when we get the update.

It always seemed odd to me that they didnt just lump ireland and the UK in together from the start. I've about €40 in credit left on my irish account and once thats gone, I'll be switching to UK or USA for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

If you're planning on getting an external drive for your xbox do yourself a favour and avoid all the headaches.
    Stick with Western Digital and make sure to get one with power management features so it's not running constantly while plugged into your xbox.
    The 2.5inch usb ones are ok as they will power down with the xbox but the 3.5inch ones with their own power supply won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

You could always rip the harddrive out of them and buy a couple of USB 3.0 enclosures memory c have them
    http://www.memoryc.com/storage/hdd-enclosures.html#PC_Interface=USB3.0&page=0
    Cheaper then buying new external drives

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Powerstar Golf seems to be free at the moment, not sure if it's a glitch or not: http://store.xbox.com/en-ie/xbox-one/games/powerstar-golf/19ebfc97-9d8d-4cd7-8493-4ec727e8de46?7246746=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A thread where we can interact with each other in a less on topic fashion. Talk about anything really, within the rules though! And any chat that we've threads better suited to, will be moved accordingly.

For total clarity, this off-topic thread can be used for users of the Xbox forum to discuss mostly anything, in a not so detailed manner. What that means is if you want to comment on a football match here, go for it. But don't forget we have actual Football forums, so turning this thread into a 10 page debate about inter-team politics isn't ideal & would be better suited elsewhere So anything that regular users of this forum want to talk about, go for it. Threads like this have proven very successful & popular in other forums as it allows users who are used to interacting together, to talk about other subjects too, & so is good for the forum community.

Further, if there's no better suited thread for a post here, & it is Xbox related, that's fine too. The one year prizes MS are offering for example, seem to fit here better. As always, pm myself or FutureGuy is you don't understand or have any suggestions etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

"Purchased" it there too, hope it works - good find!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Installing here too. Great find CC!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Has anyone tried playing it yet, maybe they have made it free to play now? I bought it about 2 months ago for €20

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

CombatCow wrote: »
    Powerstar Golf seems to be free at the moment, not sure if it's a glitch or not: http://store.xbox.com/en-ie/xbox-one/games/powerstar-golf/19ebfc97-9d8d-4cd7-8493-4ec727e8de46?7246746=1

You absolute beauty! :D:D

Has anyone tried playing it yet, maybe they have made it free to play now? I bought it about 2 months ago for €20

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-18173-Powerstar-Golf-Now-Free-to-Play-on-Xbox-One;-Coyote-Canyon-Available-Now.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Its F2P lads. Something like 10 holes in total free.

miju wrote: »
    Its F2P lads. Something like 10 holes in total free.

That's what that link above your post says ^ :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

You and me both bollox lol! Still trying to beat some of your rounds lol

Ah just read the post above, it will work out more expensive if you buy all the courses, nice little golf game for anyone interested!

You and me both bollox lol! Still trying to beat some of your rounds lol

Ah just read the post above, it will work out more expensive if you buy all the courses, nice little golf game for anyone interested!

Don't feel mugged lads, it will actually cost more now it's free to play to access the same content you paid the €20 for. Each of the 4 courses and golfers are 5.99 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Don't feel mugged lads, it will actually cost more now it's free to play to access the same content you paid the €20 for. Each of the 4 courses and golfers are 5.99 each.
    I don't mind if this makes the game little more than a glorified demo (like Killer Instinct). It'll be good just to have something else to play for a bit until the new games really start to roll in :)

So far, only EA Sports and Lego games have any sort of demos available.

I don't mind if this makes the game little more than a glorified demo (like Killer Instinct). It'll be good just to have something else to play for a bit until the new games really start to roll in :)

So far, only EA Sports and Lego games have any sort of demos available.

I thought (now only vaguely recall this and am likely wrong) that MS all games would have launch day demos :confused: Obviously this hasn't happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I thought (now only vaguely recall this and am likely wrong) that MS all games would have launch day demos :confused: Obviously this hasn't happened.

I think demos were optional this time around, but full games would be available launch day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement