Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

They're pricing it in line with Scuf controllers:

https://eu.scufgaming.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Had a 360 last gen and have a PS4 now. Tempted to buy a Xbox One in a few months if they continue to keep up the good work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Yeah, these aren't really aimed at the average consumer, more at the pro-level, and the prosumer level.

I think it's a fair price for what it is, but it's comical that it's still just ordinary batteries instead of rechargable ones

CatInABox wrote: »
    but it's comical that it's still just ordinary batteries instead of rechargable ones

I never liked built in rechargeable batteries for controllers. Look at PS4's.

I much prefer using my own rechargeable Energizer AA batteries.

• Advertisement

Here's Microsoft Xbox conference for those who missed it or want to see it again:

Starts 8:30

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Anyone else unable to play any games? Looks like lives been taken down. Service alert is in effect.

Did you read the service alert, what did it state the issue was?

Edit: no issue with games reported.

Buying downloadable items
    Downloading items that you have already purchased
    Using prepaid cards or codes for downloadable items or Xbox Live subscriptions

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Did you read the service alert, what did it state the issue was?

Purchase and Content UsageLimited

Affected platforms:

Xbox One

Xbox 360

Xbox on other devices
    Affected services:

in short, it also cant perform the licence check so you cant launch your games.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, these aren't really aimed at the average consumer, more at the pro-level, and the prosumer level.

I think it's a fair price for what it is, but it's comical that it's still just ordinary batteries instead of rechargable ones

I just think they're missing a trick somewhat with the pricing. Part of the reason I never plumped for a scuf was the fact that its essentially modifying standard components, and if it breaks, you have to send it back to them, only adding to shipping costs.

at the current pricing, I can't see too many places holding them in stock, so it wont be a case of just popping in for an exchange. I reckon theres a definite market for this for the younger call of duty players who wouldnt have access to credit cards as such, but could see their way to picking them up in a bricks and mortar store.

I'm not one for buying special editions of games, but if I saw Black Ops 3 and an Elite controller together for 150 euros, I'd be all over it.

Purchase and Content UsageLimited

Affected platforms:

Xbox One

Xbox 360

Xbox on other devices
    Affected services:

in short, it also cant perform the licence check so you cant launch your games.

I don't see any sign of that -my games works for me also. Not saying you aren't having issue, just I haven't heard of anything yet. It's a bug bear of mine when people think the generic issues title on live status means interittant services glitches are widespread and announced.

Again, not saying you dont have an issue,wouldn't surprise me to see something pop out given the day that's in it

• Advertisement

I don't see any sign of that -my games works for me also. Not saying you aren't having issue, just I haven't heard of anything yet. It's a bug bear of mine when people think the generic issues title on live status means interittant services glitches are widespread and announced.

Again, not saying you dont have an issue,wouldn't surprise me to see something pop out given the day that's in it

http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/15/xbox-live-down-after-microsofts-e3-event/

There's been massive problems with Xbox since the E3gasm.

All my pins gone, store not loading. problems being reported on reddit by thousands of users too.

I'll just wait it out as it's to be expected after THAT! As well as everyone trying to download the gears of war beta and new dashboard preview etc. with all the behind the scenes updates they're working on pushing out right now.

Edit: oh and titanfall in vault along with free vault for the week.

Was just coming to report my pins MIA too, and my gears download giving errors, I'll give up for tonight as it's only going to get worse now with the US coming on line around now.

Yar, figured this was likely. No issues for me though :)

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/elite-wireless-controller

I'm terribly conflicted. it looks like a very well made piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/elite-wireless-controller

That it does, but €149, no thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Was a fine showing from Xbox this e3, future looks promising.

Xbox Daily is on at 12 our time I think. 1 hour 15 mins to go.

Anyone else going to watch it?

Wasn't there another 3rd party company doing ones just like these for ages??? I know some on here definitely had one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

That it does, but €149, no thanks!

I paid around €190 for my scuf controller and the left thumbstick rubber broke off after about 2 months.
    Sent it back and it took me ages for support to finally talk to me before getting it back. Now I only have it back about 3 months and the thumbstick rubber is gone again..and I barely use it an hour a day if that playing fifa.
    I'll definitely be getting the Ms version..at least I can replace the thumbsticks myself.

• Advertisement

Wasn't there another 3rd party company doing ones just like these for ages??? I know some on here definitely had one.

Scuf ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If anyone was thinking of picking it up now is a good time as its so early in the consoles life.

Look at it this way, if you have your console for another five years, and game for an average of 5 hours a week(5x52x5) total of 1300 hours and the controller sells here for €150 it works out at 11c an hour of gaming.

For me I game for at least 20 hours a week(I'm lucky that way) so it'd work out 2c an hour :)

To be honest I'm very tempted but I'd like to hold one first to see how it feels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Xbox Daily is on at 12 our time I think. 1 hour 15 mins to go.

Anyone else going to watch it?
    Ah sure, it would be rude not to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Blazer wrote: »
    I paid around €190 for my scuf controller and the left thumbstick rubber broke off after about 2 months.
    Sent it back and it took me ages for support to finally talk to me before getting it back. Now I only have it back about 3 months and the thumbstick rubber is gone again..and I barely use it an hour a day if that playing fifa.
    I'll definitely be getting the Ms version..at least I can replace the thumbsticks myself.

The same happened to mine. I emailed to see if they would sell the rhumbsticks separate but they said they don't. Not sure if I'm bothered sending mine away to be fixed.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If anyone was thinking of picking it up now is a good time as its so early in the consoles life.

Look at it this way, if you have your console for another five years, and game for an average of 5 hours a week(5x52x5) total of 1300 hours and the controller sells here for €150 it works out at 11c an hour of gaming.

For me I game for at least 20 hours a week(I'm lucky that way) so it'd work out 2c an hour :)

To be honest I'm very tempted but I'd like to hold one first to see how it feels.

When you put it that way I always cursed having to pay 50-60 for a new pad over the years but when you break it down like that it's buttons really for what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,492 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just watched the presentation.

Well feck it anyway, sold all my 360 games a few months ago..

Anyhow, great presentation.

It was just games, games games with a bit about controllers and the virtual reality thing.

Remember the criticism they got at launch when it was all focus on media functionality etc and too little on games?

Phil Spencer has certainly reversed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Was just coming to report my pins MIA too, and my gears download giving errors, I'll give up for tonight as it's only going to get worse now with the US coming on line around now.

Ah so not just me can't get games or pins to work, not many tittles I like on back play

Blazer wrote: »

The same happened to mine. I emailed to see if they would sell the rhumbsticks separate but they said they don't. Not sure if I'm bothered sending mine away to be fixed.
    When you put it that way I always cursed having to pay 50-60 for a new pad over the years but when you break it down like that it's buttons really for what you get.

Ok,

I think we've all sufficientlly convinced ourselves that this is the way forward!:D

I don't think the word 'Kinect' was used once during the whole thing.

They should really look at putting out a mic, or implement voice commands via headset. Those are handy but kinect is dead, I mean who even used gestures on it :confused: Those don't work for me 90% of the times I've tried them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Ok,

I think we've all sufficientlly convinced ourselves that this is the way forward!:D
    I'd wait a while, sure to be problems with the first batch. Just look at the problems with the one joypad. I want one though.

But I'll wait a few months and see what happens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement