Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

Just checked the preview app on one and it clearly says "starting later today in Preview you will be able to play select 360 titles..."

/blows the dust off perfect dark zero :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ok,

I think we've all sufficientlly convinced ourselves that this is the way forward!:D

The fact that it comes with all the different sized thumbsticks and the remapping(which is extra on a scuf) is a nice bonus. At least you don't have to go pay extra for more parts.

2c an hour. That's a bargain. I'd assume itd be more durable than the current controllers, I'm on my third now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just checked the preview app on one and it clearly says "starting later today in Preview you will be able to play select 360 titles..."

/blows the dust off perfect dark zero :pac:

as long as it's 1 of these, people are reporting it already working for them on reddit

Available games

Banjo Kazooie: N n B

Banjo-Kazooie

Banjo-Tooie

BattleBlock Theater

Defense Grid

Geometry Wars Evolved

Hexic HD

Jetpac Refuelled

Kameo

Mass Effect

Perfect Dark

Perfect Dark Zero

Small Arms

Super Meat Boy

Toy Soldiers

Toy Soldiers: Cold War

Viva Piñata

Viva Piñata: TIP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

backwards compatibility is a major get, It'll be interesting to see how many publishers allow the 360 games be played on the one.

loved the comment "we wont charge you to play the games you already own"

one thing no one seems to be picking up on is the mention of cross platform multiplayer - i.e. an xbox one playing against a 360 owner.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Godammit, having awful trouble with Live all evening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Godammit, having awful trouble with Live all evening.

Yeah, might as well give up at this stage.
    backwards compatibility is a major get, It'll be interesting to see how many publishers allow the 360 games be played on the one.

loved the comment "we wont charge you to play the games you already own"

one thing no one seems to be picking up on is the mention of cross platform multiplayer - i.e. an xbox one playing against a 360 owner.

Yeah, to be honest it's a pretty impressive feature. Functionally, it looks like they're running an Xbox 360 emulator in a Virtual Machine, meaning that the game itself doesn't have a clue that it's running on anything different. It's how they're making it 100% compatible*. There's even an Xbox 360 guide with in any game.

*There will of course be some issues, but it seems most are minor so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

TOTAL RUMOUR:

This is what the new UI is meant to look like:

CHj2aVVWIAE_iPI.jpg

It IS closer to a Windows 10 style, but of course, that could be faked in an hour as well.

Borderlands 1 is mentioned in the "new experiences section" of the preview app as being available soon so there goes my hope of seeing a remastered version, still though I'd gladly replay that one minus that god awful moxxi dlc :mad:

Edit: For those on preview dash that want to try 360 games and don't see them fo to the preview app and quests and it will show a list of games to download

Borderlands 1 is mentioned in the "new experiences section" of the preview app as being available soon so there goes my hope of seeing a remastered version, still though I'd gladly replay that one minus that god awful moxxi dlc :mad:

Edit: For those on preview dash that want to try 360 games and don't see them fo to the preview app and quests and it will show a list of games to download

Turns out that I own three digital games, none of which I can currently download.

Will give it a shot once Live gets back on its feet.

Gave the Xbox One streaming to Windows 10 a go, it worked pretty well, but then again, it was over CAT6, so that might not be too relevant to anyone who needs to go wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    TOTAL RUMOUR:

CHj2aVVWIAE_iPI.jpg

It IS closer to a Windows 10 style, but of course, that could be faked in an hour as well.

Its showing ryse as the wallpaper... Games with gold confirmed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Its showing ryse as the wallpaper... Games with gold confirmed!

They see me trolling, they hating.. :)

Wow it's like a 360 emulator. They have the 360 guide when your press the guide button and all.

TOTAL RUMOUR:

CHj2aVVWIAE_iPI.jpg

Wow you're right. It does look like that with the "fall" update!

looks so much more sleeker & faster but no more metro style tiles. just after getting transparency and now it will be redundant! lol

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Wow you're right. It does look like that with the "fall" update!

Looks good too. Looks like they've been taking a lot of the criticism to heart.

Yes! At last, 360 speed in menu's! No more watching the grass grow while you wait for your friends list to load :)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Elite:Dangerous is up for download both the full version and the trial(just put the trial on dl myself)

Wow it's like a 360 emulator. They have the 360 guide when your press the guide button and all.

The guide button will still bring you home, you need to press the Guide and Menu buttons together to get the 360 guide.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

wexdevil wrote: »
    Elite:Dangerous is up for download both the full version and the trial(just put the trial on dl myself)

So the game is officially released now? How long will the trial be available for?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Mickeroo wrote: »
    So the game is officially released now? How long will the trial be available for?

I'm not sure how long the the trial will be but I suppose it will be available right up until the game is finished, the long dark is also up for download too.

Has it been confirmed 360 vs xb1 gaming?
    (about backwards compatibility)

• Advertisement

Nice, have The Long Dark trial installing now. Already have it on PC. Love that game! Will be great to try it on XB1 :)

deco nate wrote: »
    Has it been confirmed 360 vs xb1 gaming?
    (about backwards compatibility)

See below
    Q: Can I play multiplayer with friends who are playing the game on Xbox 360 or Xbox One?

A: Yes! For games that have multiplayer, you will be able to play with others who own the title on Xbox 360. For Xbox One users, only members of the Public Preview audience who own the game will be able to play with you during this beta.

See below

Feckin amazing! Sony must be having a heart attack after seeing this:)
    Amazing work must have been done behind the scenes by Ms, it's so good to see them coming back, and coming back hard at Sony.
    Have to see what Sony come up with now.

Remember THAT video Sony did about game sharing?
    Suck it Sony!!! Lol
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Here is a detailed look at the new UI.

I must say, it does look like a massive improvement. The main aspects are said to be performance and community. Cortana is built in as well, hoping that will actually work in Ireland by the time it launches.

http://imgur.com/a/apEIo

EDIT

Video demo from Xbox Live Events

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/15/8786501/microsoft-xbox-one-dashboard-update-features#ooid=g2ZmFvdToKDtaF86lvruD0-obzi_CLDB

Xbox 360 digital games now available under "Ready to install" on my Xb1 :D

I predict Gamestop raising the price of all 360 games by at least 100%!

I predict Gamestop raising the price of all 360 games by at least 100%!
    And that's why I'm glad I still have all my 360 games :)

deco nate wrote: »
    And that's why I'm glad I still have all my 360 games :)

Also why I'm glad I've been acquiring all the games with gold for 360 even tho I sold it before XB1 launch! :D :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Also why I'm glad I've been acquiring all the games with gold for 360 even tho I sold it before XB1 launch! :D :cool:

That's the first thing that hit me yesterday, I never picked up any of the 360 games with gold but it turns out my game sharing buddy did, I wonder will it work the same for these and that I will be able to download them from his library when they become available.

• Advertisement

Couldn't do anything last night so up this morning and testing some of the 360 games.

My god I wish the 360 guide had been that snappy all along, it's :eek:

Start + Select to bring it up from within a 360 game. There are a few differences, like instead of xbox home etc it has Leave game and Manage Storage instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement