Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

Thanks, I knew I was hoping for too much that my Skyrim digital copy would be ready to play :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I presume you must already own those games to play them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I presume you must already own those games to play them?

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

BattleBlock Theater
    Toy Soldiers
    Toy Soldiers: Cold War
    Viva Piñata: TIP

Think I have all those just from GwG, looking forward to giving this a go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Yup
    Glad I kept picking up the 360 Games with Gold that I fancied, just in case this ever game about :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Has anyone who is on the preview program checked if game sharing works with your digital xbox 360 titles?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Has anyone who is on the preview program checked if game sharing works with your digital xbox 360 titles?

I really hope it does, would love to know this too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

It does. I was playing Super Meat Boy which i downloaded from my friends GS earlier. Works seamlessly (although the xbox 360 start screen has to boot up, they should probably take that out)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

miralize wrote: »
    It does. I was playing Super Meat Boy which i downloaded from my friends GS earlier. Works seamlessly (although the xbox 360 start screen has to boot up, they should probably take that out)

Excellent :-)

miralize wrote: »

It's probably more to do with how it's implemented , seems to be a 360 os running in a VM, you get the same thing if you start an OS in VMware etc. you see the windows boot screen etc. Taking it out might leave folks think it's not working as it sits on a black screen for a while while the OS loads and the game fires up.

Anyone been able to get any of the disc based games working, told me the 3 I tried were not compatible, PDZ, Kameo and Viva Pinata.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

It's probably more to do with how it's implemented , seems to be a 360 os running in a VM, you get the same thing if you start an OS in VMware etc. you see the windows boot screen etc. Taking it out might leave folks think it's not working as it sits on a black screen for a while while the OS loads and the game fires up.

Anyone been able to get any of the disc based games working, told me the 3 I tried were not compatible, PDZ, Kameo and Viva Pinata.

Yeah youre right, still though it looks strange. It should say something like booting your Xbox 360 game

Speeds on live have gone to the dogs today, started a 202mb update on a game over an hour ago and it's currently sat at 36%

Edit: Uuuggghhh for the love of ..... ffs I come back and find it's paused the 202mb one and decided to resume the 3.3gb patch for state of decay instead.

/Silver lining , i resumed the small one and it's rocketing away now :)

Anyone playing the gears of war beta? Looks good but I'd forgotten just how many bullets it took to drop people!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭dor83

Anyone playing the gears of war beta? Looks good but I'd forgotten just how many bullets it took to drop people!

Gave it a quick go there, I'd forgotten how much fun it was but maybe that's just nostalgia. I had no intention of buying it before but I'm considering it now, I'll play it a bit more and if I'm still liking it after the beta finishes I might actually buy it.

Also just saw the trailer for Ghost Recon: Wildlands, that looks really impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Also Gears of War is a great price. Just $39.99 U.S

Everyone watching Xbox Daily?

Don't think I'll be buying it myself, I still have the original 4 games for 360

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Played a few games there. A full mag just to down a lad 3-4 metres away.Playing it reminded me how clunky he character movement is. Never played the multiplayer in gears that much on the 360 . Might be a bit of craic with a full squad.
    Always just played the horde mode to death.Horde was good in the second game , didn't really care for it in 3.

The game does look a lot nicer however on the X1.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

just spent an hour playing witcher on a pile of junk pc i have using windows 10 streaming

Put it this way, every person whose significant other wants to watch Corrie is going to be in heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

-Toppy- wrote: »
    just spent an hour playing witcher on a pile of junk pc i have using windows 10 streaming

Put it this way, every person whose significant other wants to watch Corrie is going to be in heaven!
    Thats awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

How are a lot of people getting Windows 10? I got the notification about it on my laptop 2 or 3 weeks back and registered for the upgrade but that's all i've heard from it since

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Colemania wrote: »
    How are a lot of people getting Windows 10? I got the notification about it on my laptop 2 or 3 weeks back and registered for the upgrade but that's all i've heard from it since

It's called Windows Insider, kinda like the preview program for Xbox One, but it's less stable to be honest. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're able to diagnose and fix problems with Windows in general, or have a spare Windows Vista/7 machine that you don't need. So far, in the few months that I've been using it, I've had to reset Windows 3 times to get it back to a usable state.

Look into the windows forum if you're still willing to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's called Windows Insider, kinda like the preview program for Xbox One, but it's less stable to be honest. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're able to diagnose and fix problems with Windows in general, or have a spare Windows Vista/7 machine that you don't need. So far, in the few months that I've been using it, I've had to reset Windows 3 times to get it back to a usable state.

Look into the windows forum if you're still willing to try it out.

Ah ok i've seen that alright. I won't bother with it so. When do they expect the proper stable upgrade to be available?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

These are the instructions I followed to setup a dual boot

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-dual-boot-the-latest-windows-build-with/9695dfc7-1c13-4d8d-b10b-587e78c6ac36

But yes Catinabox is right windows forum is the best place to go if you are unsure

Colemania wrote: »
    Ah ok i've seen that alright. I won't bother with it so. When do they expect the proper stable upgrade to be available?

About 6 weeks for launch of windows 10 to general public I think. July 20 something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

29th of July is the release date.

I also just kinda want to correct myself a little, the Windows 10 Insider builds at the moment are actually pretty stable, but there is increased potential for things to screw up. I'm using it on my main, and for almost all of the preview it's been totally fine. The few times that I did need to reset the OS were, I think, down to me trying to fix something else!

It'll be totally fine for the release date, and I'd recommend it already, but at this stage, wait until the final release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Free Hat

CatInABox wrote: »
    29th of July is the release date.

I also just kinda want to correct myself a little, the Windows 10 Insider builds at the moment are actually pretty stable, but there is increased potential for things to screw up. I'm using it on my main, and for almost all of the preview it's been totally fine. The few times that I did need to reset the OS were, I think, down to me trying to fix something else!

It'll be totally fine for the release date, and I'd recommend it already, but at this stage, wait until the final release.

I've been running it on my laptop for the last two months, haven't had a single issue really. Microsoft edge is very slow mind you.

As a matter of fact, I was having far more issues with Windows 8.1 in the few months previous to installing Windows 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

10 is solid by now, mainly loc issues to fix at this stage. You should definitely have a very stable system.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Don't know if people noticed but Patch Notes for games also coming in the new dashboard later this year.

That's something I've wanted as I'm sure have many others for quite some time! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Don't know if people noticed but Patch Notes for games also coming in the new dashboard later this year.

That's something I've wanted as I'm sure have many others for quite some time! :)

What is that?

• Advertisement

rottie 11 wrote: »
    What is that?

Its when a game gets an update, its essentially just a list of the things that were changed, bugs that were fixed etc. normally you'd have to go to the games website to see what it was all about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement