Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Its when a game gets an update, its essentially just a list of the things that were changed, bugs that were fixed etc. normally you'd have to go to the games website to see what it was all about.

Oh so it will tell you what was patched for certain games, handy

• Registered Users Posts: 28,493 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'm trying to get the new Wireless display casting to work. Doing the quest on the preview program.

Have installed the app on the Xbox One and also the Smartglass app on my laptop (Windows 10).

Now telling me to stream something from a device to Xbox.

How do I do that on a Win 10 Laptop? Can't find it anywhere, am I missing something simple, do I need to install another Windows app?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

murpho999 wrote: »
    I'm trying to get the new Wireless display casting to work. Doing the quest on the preview program.

Have installed the app on the Xbox One and also the Smartglass app on my laptop (Windows 10).

Now telling me to stream something from a device to Xbox.

How do I do that on a Win 10 Laptop? Can't find it anywhere, am I missing something simple, do I need to install another Windows app?

Thanks.

Hold down the windows button on your keyboard and press P. There should be a "Connect to a Wireless display" option there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,493 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

CatInABox wrote: »
    Hold down the windows button on your keyboard and press P. There should be a "Connect to a Wireless display" option there.

Yes, that's it. You'd think they would tell you how to do that.

I had no idea about that short cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Oh Forbes

8HSMCK5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Two different writers with two different opinion pieces, I don't really see anything wrong with that. In fact I'd view it as encouraging that they're open to carrying such wildly opposed pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

miralize wrote: »
    Oh Forbes

8HSMCK5.jpg

I read the one about it being the wrong move, to say the guy was out of touch was an understatement. I also liked how the second guy called out the spelling mistakes in his quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Two different writers with two different opinion pieces, I don't really see anything wrong with that. In fact I'd view it as encouraging that they're open to carrying such wildly opposed pieces.

While I agree in principal, I think having them in both in such quick succession & both before it is even publicly released, dilutes the conversation.

It requires no work from the developers, consumers wanted this, I fail to see how this is a bad thing for Microsoft to do.

miralize wrote: »
    While I agree in principal, I think having them in both in such quick succession & both before it is even publicly released, dilutes the conversation.

It requires no work from the developers, consumers wanted this, I fail to see how this is a bad thing for Microsoft to do.

It would have been better presented as a joint piece, or dual editorial. I am glad that they published a counterpart to the original piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Senoss

Anybody know when these backwards compatibility titles will start rolling out in their droves?

I heard ''this holiday season'', but not exactly sure what that means?

This summer? December?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

"Holiday season" is usually Thanksgiving at the end on November so any time then I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Senoss

"Holiday season" is usually Thanksgiving at the end on November so any time then I'd guess.

Cheers mate. Hoped it was sooner, but that'll do I guess.

Just from wikipedias "list of xbox 360 games"

"There are currently 1,139 games (multiplatform: 937; exclusive: 186; console exclusive: 74) on this list as of April 21, 2015"

i wonder how many will eventually be playable on xb1? - theres bound to be a few fall by the wayside (marvel vs capcom for example), and also things like guitar hero or peripheral based stuff.

If they could even get half it would be great.

I read the one about it being the wrong move, to say the guy was out of touch was an understatement. I also liked how the second guy called out the spelling mistakes in his quote.

And then linked to the wrong article in the 1st line of his own piece :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Anyone play The Long Dark on early access last night.Played the hour trial last night and decided to buy it today.Very addicting and quite challenging.

Anyone play The Long Dark on early access last night.Played the hour trial last night and decided to buy it today.Very addicting and quite challenging.

What kind of game is it? The trailer is vague, looks like a kind of survival in the woods game? Day z ish?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

What kind of game is it? The trailer is vague, looks like a kind of survival in the woods game? Day z ish?

Yeah it's like a survival game set in Northern Canada.

Have a look here for a better look at it or even better, download it and try the 1 hour free yourself :D

I personally think it's a great game & very interesting. With a lot more to come to it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The same happened to mine. I emailed to see if they would sell the rhumbsticks separate but they said they don't. Not sure if I'm bothered sending mine away to be fixed.

I fixed mine last night by using the left thumbstick from a normal MS controller.
    Very easy, 2 screws on either hand grip and one in the middle of the battery pack. The thumbstick just pops off.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Blazer wrote: »
    I fixed mine last night by using the left thumbstick from a normal MS controller.
    Very easy, 2 screws on either hand grip and one in the middle of the battery pack. The thumbstick just pops off.

Thanks for that Blazer. I was thinking of order a set of these and installing them

http://modsticks.com/xbox-one-modsticks-pro-analog-sticks-d-pad-titanium/

I bought thumbsticks and triggers for the 360 and I found them great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Titanfall is free since when?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Went into the EA Access vault earlier in the week.

I was in my local at the weekend, 75 notes for the witcher 3. Mental stuff.

All the DLC for it has been free for a while too :)

So I can play this free of charge or do I need to sign up to some EA Access thing?

So I can play this free of charge or do I need to sign up to some EA Access thing?

You need an EA Access subscription which is €25 per year. (Great bargain!)

Also Dragon Age Inquisition is being added to it next.

But EA Access is free for all gold members for this week only.

*Cancels download*

*Cancels download*

Lol, fair enough.

I honestly think EA Access is a must have personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Holy crap but elder scrolls is a big game, 55gb. Wish i brought my external to work with me today :(

Today I bought TES, mortal kombat and witcher 3 - need to buy one more recent release, anyone have any suggestions?

Holy crap but elder scrolls is a big game, 55gb. Wish i brought my external to work with me today :(

Today I bought TES, mortal kombat and witcher 3 - need to buy one more recent release, anyone have any suggestions?

Definitely Batman: Arkham Knight!

Out in a few days (23rd).

Why do you need to buy a new game!?! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Definitely Batman: Arkham Knight!

Out in a few days (23rd).

Yes have that earmarked already, also getting jurassic park game but i still need to buy something else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement