Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

I've no games to play at the moment :(

I've got no games I want to play at the moment.

The Witcher 3 ruined me , hard to look at many of the games on my back catalogue with any enthusiasm at the moment.

Summer lull is truly upon us now too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

When does the free ea access end? I download fifa 15 last night first time i played fifa in 10 years its good but I'm not sure I would pay 74 Euro what I see been advertised for fifa 16

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I've got no games I want to play at the moment.

The Witcher 3 ruined me , hard to look at many of the games on my back catalogue with any enthusiasm at the moment.

Summer lull is truly upon us now too :(

But....batman... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

But....batman... :P

Ah batman have the house to myself for the whole weekend so downloaded the game last Wednesday.had to all planed to play all weekend but got my dates wrong and not out till Tuesday. Was a depressing Saturday morning

tripperman wrote: »
    When does the free ea access end? I download fifa 15 last night first time i played fifa in 10 years its good but I'm not sure I would pay 74 Euro what I see been advertised for fifa 16

If you just want to play around with fifa then fifa 14 might be an option? You would get that on a key site online for fairly cheap.

• Advertisement

If you just want to play around with fifa then fifa 14 might be an option? You would get that on a key site online for fairly cheap.

I might do that only downloaded it this weekend as my little cousin mad to play me on the xb1 in it is good game

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

tripperman wrote: »

Why pay 74 Euro when you can just pay 25 and get a heap of other games with it? :)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Why pay 74 Euro when you can just pay 25 and get a heap of other games with it? :)

Ah the ea access yeah I'm looking at getting it, but so far only ea game I play is Madden

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Had a long drive yesterday, so was listening to recordings of Giantbombs live coverage and Interviews from E3. They had Phil Spencer as a guest and were chatting about plans for the future, game launches etc. Several times, when talking about the Gears of War remaster, he called it “the gears collection” after the 2nd or 3rd time he did it, the Host mentioned it to him, and he kind of brushed it off. I wonder is it going to be some sort of surprise announcement later on in the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Had a long drive yesterday, so was listening to recordings of Giantbombs live coverage and Interviews from E3. They had Phil Spencer as a guest and were chatting about plans for the future, game launches etc. Several times, when talking about the Gears of War remaster, he called it “the gears collection” after the 2nd or 3rd time he did it, the Host mentioned it to him, and he kind of brushed it off. I wonder is it going to be some sort of surprise announcement later on in the year?

but it it a gears collection is it not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

dunworth1 wrote: »
    but it it a gears collection is it not?

It's just the 1st gears of war remastered at a lower RRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Hmmm, maybe they are treating it as a platform and subsequent remasters will be available as dlc?

I wasn't actually into a Gears remaster however I've been dipping in and out of the Beta and it's brought me right back. Gridlock is just amazing.

rizzla wrote: »
    Hmmm, maybe they are treating it as a platform and subsequent remasters will be available as dlc?

I wasn't actually into a Gears remaster however I've been dipping in and out of the Beta and it's brought me right back. Gridlock is just amazing.

It could be just that i hadnt played gears for ages, but I found it to be pretty clunky and the controls were sluggish enough. I havent played enough of the beta to form a strong opinion on it yet tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Weird I had the opposite reaction. I remember Gears as being quite clunky, with it running at 60 fps I initially thought it felt all wrong because it was too smooth but 1 match in I was in love again. I killed myself a few times trying to grenade tag the map, guess that was brought in, in 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

I tried to resist joining the dark side I swear :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

tkd93 wrote: »
    How could you possibly resist that line up? It'd be the not to :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

tkd93 wrote: »

Welcome! How much was it?

Anyone downloading Arkham Knight at the moment ? Curious to know what speeds folks are getting. Settings / Network / Bandwidth Usage. Getting arounf 5Mbit/s down on a 30 Mbit connection :mad:

Edit: OT I noticed the date in there in BW Usage on my box is showing 2016 ??? Can't se how to adjust it , and the system clock is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

got the console and witcher in Argos earlier this week for 350 next day it dropped to 330 just my luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

one quick question before I head to town
    I think I'm gonna buy a Seagate 1TB hard drive today as I was given a gift card for curry's
    so I just wanted to check something......if I buy a game online I can bring the hard drive to my friends house and download it from his Xbox one ? and the same with game updates ? but I can't download them via a PC at work ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Correct. If you buy a game on your Xbox and save it to the Hard Drive (including game updates and DLC), you just bring that to your friends house and plug in the drive into his Xbox. Once you sign-in, you are good to go and can play it from there.

Also correct, there is effectively no way to download game updates at work and apply them to the Hard Drive via a PC.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

km79 wrote: »
    I think I'm gonna buy a Seagate 1TB hard drive today as I was given a gift card for curry's
    so I just wanted to check something......if I buy a game online I can bring the hard drive to my friends house and download it from his Xbox one ? and the same with game updates ? but I can't download them via a PC at work ?

Probably not a problem these days, just make sure that it's a USB3 drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

km79 wrote: »
    If you can consider a portable 2tb hard drive. 1tb isn't much room.

If you can consider a portable 2tb hard drive. 1tb isn't much room.

its also probably only 20 euros extra for double the space too. my 2tb is 53% full at the moment, so I'll get to the end of that at some stage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. I didn't play it so I don't know what it's like.

went with the bundle cos a mate wants to play it, will report back if its cack.

Guacamelee set to be free next month apparently.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Guacamelee set to be free next month apparently.

Unlikely, it was already a GwG.

Really? Sorry about that only got my Xbox One at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Really? Sorry about that only got my Xbox One at Christmas.

Yeah I was like wtf, it was free already lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yeah I was like wtf, it was free already lol
    It's freeer this time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement