Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think it's on sale this week anyway, well worth grabbing if it is. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think it's on sale this week anyway, well worth grabbing if it is. :)
    Costs Three Fiddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭recyclops

Costs Three Fiddy!

three fiddy for this is an absolute steal

i know i got mine free but if i could i would pay the 3.50 for it

recyclops wrote: »
    three fiddy for this is an absolute steal

i know i got mine free but if i could i would pay the 3.50 for it

Should I buy it? *Prepares to pull out debit card*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

100%

Got great enjoyment out of that game!

• Advertisement

Gone off sale, faaack.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Gone off sale, faaack.

How much is it now? It's a great game, worth up to 15 euros imo. I actually enjoyed it more than ori and the blind forest.

https://youtu.be/JQNIyJhdIbk

A look at the new dashboard software, it's a big change,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

https://youtu.be/JQNIyJhdIbk

A look at the new dashboard software, it's a big change,

Does Cortanna come with a Scarlett Johansson voice?

Vertical elements make a much welcome return on the new dash imo!!!!!!

Much better use of the space, haven't seen that since before the 360 got the metro dash what 5-6 years ago now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Forza Motorsport 6 Limited Edition Xbox ONE

xbox-one-1tbconsole-forza6-us-ca-anl-rgb.jpg

I kind of like the engine sound effects whilst turning on & off the console :D

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Just tried out the wireless display preview app.

Full miracast support has been added, it worked well with my LG gpad only issue was sound was still coming from the tablet and not the tv. Tried it with the a desire 620 and it worked perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Xbox one controller broke yesterday. Is there any way of being able to play blurays etc without a controller ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Xbox one controller broke yesterday. Is there any way of being able to play blurays etc without a controller ??

Kinect if youve got it

Kinect if youve got it

Cheers but no I don't have it

Cheers but no I don't have it

Smartglass app on phone or computer.

Smartglass app on phone or computer.

I have that in my phone actually. How would I go about using it as a way of controlling the console?

I have that in my phone actually. How would I go about using it as a way of controlling the console?

It has a remote function that allows you to navigate the console and menus etc.

It has a remote function that allows you to navigate the console and menus etc.

Ok will give a mess around with it later thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I've mentioned this on here before a while back but thought I'd post regarding it again in case anyone has experienced the same in the meantime.

My internet connection is about 3Mbps on a good day due to my location, generally it averages around 2.5. On the laptop and tablet, I can stream things such as Netflix (to use one example) which plays crystal clear with absolutely no problems. However, as soon as I try it on the Xbox One it keeps freezing, or at best will only play uninterrupted on a setting so low it's unwatchable. The same is true for NFL.com on laptop/tablet versus the One and Xbox Fitness doesn't load up at all even if left for 20-30 minutes.

In addition to this, I can download say 300 MB worth of something on the laptop/tablet at a completely reasonable pace for the internet speed I have but doing the same on the One (an update for an app or a game for example) takes much, much longer. However, streaming on the Xbox Music app and YouTube are both perfect and haven't troubled me at all.

I'm just wondering really if anyone else with a similar connection speed to myself has the same issues that I do with some apps/downloading updates etc? It's just a bit strange that say Netflix and NFL (to name but 2) don't give me any hassle on other devices but are un-usable on the One using the exact same connection.

Even playing 10-15 second clips in my Upload Studio can be jumpy and buffer.

Cheers all. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

So, I need a new HD for my one... Recently got EA access, and my HD is so full I can't even download all the games with it! Just came across this on the Argos website, is it the right type for the Xbox, and anyone know of one similar for cheaper?

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&langId=111&q=SEAGATE+EXTERNAL+&pp=20&r_001=1|Storage+capacity+%28GB%29|2TB|1

trixiebust wrote: »
    So, I need a new HD for my one... Recently got EA access, and my HD is so full I can't even download all the games with it! Just came across this on the Argos website, is it the right type for the Xbox, and anyone know of one similar for cheaper?

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&langId=111&q=SEAGATE+EXTERNAL+&pp=20&r_001=1|Storage+capacity+%28GB%29|2TB|1

You won't get much cheaper, but bear in mind that the one you've linked needs to be plugged into the mains to provide power. You can get ones that are a little more expensive but get the power via the usb. I think I paid 89 for my 2tb in a sale.

Paully D wrote: »
    I've mentioned this on here before a while back but thought I'd post regarding it again in case anyone has experienced the same in the meantime.

My internet connection is about 3Mbps on a good day due to my location, generally it averages around 2.5. On the laptop and tablet, I can stream things such as Netflix (to use one example) which plays crystal clear with absolutely no problems. However, as soon as I try it on the Xbox One it keeps freezing, or at best will only play uninterrupted on a setting so low it's unwatchable. The same is true for NFL.com on laptop/tablet versus the One and Xbox Fitness doesn't load up at all even if left for 20-30 minutes.

In addition to this, I can download say 300 MB worth of something on the laptop/tablet at a completely reasonable pace for the internet speed I have but doing the same on the One (an update for an app or a game for example) takes much, much longer. However, streaming on the Xbox Music app and YouTube are both perfect and haven't troubled me at all.

I'm just wondering really if anyone else with a similar connection speed to myself has the same issues that I do with some apps/downloading updates etc? It's just a bit strange that say Netflix and NFL (to name but 2) don't give me any hassle on other devices but are un-usable on the One using the exact same connection.

Where is the one in relation to the modem/router? vs the laptops position. Is it possible for you to connect the xbox to the router and test and see if it's any better.

Also try going to http://speedof.me on internet explorer app on the xbox ands report what you are getting , also do it on the laptop in the same room as the xbox and see if there is a difference in the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Yeah I'm having same trouble paully especially on nfl app and you tube on Xbox one and downloading game updates takes an age, playing online is ok odd bit of trouble but very very rarely does that happen, I'm currently trying rewire to put modem beside Xbox see if it improves it, but laptop and t.v. work same sites perfect as you say

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Where is the one in relation to the modem/router? vs the laptops position. Is it possible for you to connect the xbox to the router and test and see if it's any better.

Also try going to http://speedof.me on internet explorer app on the xbox ands report what you are getting , also do it on the laptop in the same room as the xbox and see if there is a difference in the results.

Very similar positions generally mate, I'm on my laptop now but can literally stretch my arm out and touch my One from where I am sitting so there's no issue there. I have also connected the router to the One and get the same problems as I do on wireless. Good idea on the speed test via the One, I'll give that a shot in the morning. Thank you :)
    tripperman wrote: »
    Yeah I'm having same trouble paully especially on nfl app and you tube on Xbox one and downloading game updates takes an age, playing online is ok odd bit of trouble but very very rarely does that happen, I'm currently trying rewire to put modem beside Xbox see if it improves it, but laptop and t.v. work same sites perfect as you say

Cheers Tripp. What sort of internet speeds do you get?

What I might do is bring the One to a mates who has a much higher internet speed just to see if there's much of a difference. I'd imagine it's just the fact that for whatever reason there's not much go out of the videos on the aforementioned apps unless you have a relatively decent internet connection for this day and age, but it is frustrating when the same sites on the same connection work perfectly via laptop/tablet. Like yourself I rarely experience any problem when playing on Xbox Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Might be worth trying a set of homeplugs to improve your speeds.

Very similar positions generally mate, I'm on my laptop now but can literally stretch my arm out and touch my One from where I am sitting so there's no issue there. I have also connected the router to the One and get the same problems as I do on wireless. Good idea on the speed test via the One, I'll give that a shot in the morning. Thank you :)

Same issue wired hmmmmm :confused:

On the xbox go to setting / network / details network statistics let that run and see if there is a % packetloss reported on the left hand side and what latency you have on the right , should be around 150 ms.

You can also use Inter Explorer on the xbox and go to http://ipaddressguide.com/ping and under host type a site like www.google.ie and run it and then check the 2nd last line in the report for packet loss and also the response time in ms from the 5 pings it performs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Same issue wired hmmmmm :confused:

On the xbox go to setting / network / details network statistics let that run and see if there is a % packetloss reported on the left hand side and what latency you have on the right , should be around 150 ms.

You can also use Inter Explorer on the xbox and go to http://ipaddressguide.com/ping and under host type a site like www.google.ie and run it and then check the 2nd last line in the report for packet loss and also the response time in ms from the 5 pings it performs.

Might move these posts into the NAT thread on here a little later, it might not be exactly your problem, but at least all the chat about troubleshooting will be contained in the one thread.

In the meantime, have you changed DNS settings on your laptop and not on your Xbox? What region is your xbox set to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

At 2.5mb you're slightly under the recommended 3mb for online gaming and for streaming 3.5mb is listed as the minimum required for HD.

Id say it's very tight. when we use Xbox Live we are connecting to servers in the US hence the 150ms ping we get in network stats.

Definte Internet upgrade needed but I assume that isn't possible.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Is it true you can use the xbox 360 through the xbo hdmi in feature? If so, is it full normal quality like it would being connected directly to the TV or is there lag, and does the xbo have to be powered on to use it or can be used in standby?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement