Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I think demos were optional this time around, but full games would be available launch day.

Ah thats sounds right

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

I'm looking at a few Xbox One's for sale on adverts.

If i bought one, and logged in with my gemertag, would i still have the games that the original owner downloaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

DaveD wrote: »

If i bought one, and logged in with my gemertag, would i still have the games that the original owner downloaded?

As long as the original owners account is still on the console, I think you would, yeah. but If they've any cop on at all, they'll have deleted their profile to stop you buying stuff etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

DaveD wrote: »

No. The games are tied to the previous owner's Xbox Live account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    No. The games are tied to the previous owner's Xbox Live account.

I'm wrong. I was just reading there that the games are tied to the hardware apparently but as Stone Deaf said they'll most likely have deleted their Xbox profile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I'm wrong. I was just reading there that the games are tied to the hardware apparently but as Stone Deaf said they'll most likely have deleted their Xbox profile.
    Not quite related to purchasing a second hand Xbox One, but there is a handy tip that may have been lost in the previous Xbox One thread that some of the newer Xbox One owners might not be aware of:

If you and a mate have the Xbox One and buy your games digitally, and
    • They set their Console as your Home Console, and
    • You set your Xbox as their Home Console.

As long as you both remain subscribed to Xbox Gold, then any games they purchase digitally will automatically be available to download and play on the console in your house and vice-versa.

E.g. If he buys Titanfall from digitally, it will appear in the list of games available for download from the console in your house. Download and play away. He will be able to play on the console in his house (because he has Gold Subscription) because it treats it as if he is playing on a secondary console, or at a mates house.

If you buy Trials Fusion, it will appear on the console in his house as well and will be the same as the above example.

One of the benefits of "Home Gold" and Primary / Secondary consoles.

I think you can even delete your own profile off the console in their house (just in case you don't fully trust them).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Interesting, have you tried this/are you doing it currently?

maximoose wrote: »
    Interesting, have you tried this/are you doing it currently?

Yes and yes.

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/games/my-home-xbox

just to clarify,

I set my xbox as home
    my brother logs into my xbox and sets my xbox as home

he goes to his own xbox, logs in, and gets access?

can we both play at the same time?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

he goes to his own xbox, logs in, and gets access?

can we both play at the same time?

You can tell you've been missing from parties as of late :p:p:p:p:p:p

Yeah you both play at the same time. You play under your GT and he plays under his GT. You only need to login to his GT when your initially downloading the game

• Advertisement

miju wrote: »
    You can tell you've been missing from parties as of late :p:p:p:p:p:p

Yeah you both play at the same time. You play under your GT and he plays under his GT. You only need to login to his GT when your initially downloading the game

2 more weeks and I'll have a lot more free time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Has anyone come across a decent price for watch dogs on the Xbox one yet? Don't feel like paying the high GameStop prices!

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Has anyone come across a decent price for watch dogs on the Xbox one yet? Don't feel like paying the high GameStop prices!
    The US Xbox Store - works out about €44 for the Digital Download.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Do I need to setup a us account to purchase from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Do I need to setup a us account to purchase from there?
    There have been a few different updates from people on this and the previous thread (around about the time Titanfall launched). I've not used it yet, as there hasn't been a game that I really wanted and found this method already after I had purchased Titanfall.
    You use you normal gamer tag and normal credit card.

first address line put your real street address, second line leave blank then

city: Amhurst
    province / state: New Hampshire
    zip: 03031

Hopefully should work for you also (and a mate, if he has an Xbox One as well).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Dades wrote: »

unsure whether genuine or sarcasm :)

personally, wont be touching it for about 3 months at least, BF4 was burning enough for me

personally, wont be touching it for about 3 months at least, BF4 was burning enough for me

You're really only as good as your last game, eh? :)

Hopefully they've learned from BF4 and with the extra year's Development time can actually make it work (After all, DICE did manage to do a respectable job on all the Battlefields before BF4, and this is a Visceral game - Dead Space was decent too).

You're really only as good as your last game, eh? :)

Despite being a BF veteran from way back to BF1942 they will have large uphill struggle to regain my trust after patches to fix the patches which fixed the other patch and multiple broken promises.

Given what they've been saying recently as well re: BF series I honestly dont think lesson has been learned, favorite of mine was that BF4 done ni damage to the BF franchise

• Advertisement

Despite being a BF veteran from way back to BF1942 they will have large uphill struggle to regain my trust after patches to fix the patches which fixed the other patch and multiple broken promises.

Given what they've been saying recently as well re: BF series I honestly dont think lesson has been learned, favorite of mine was that BF4 done ni damage to the BF franchise

Plus the fact that they're still 'trying' to fix last year's game while offering you the option to buy random battlepacks for 3 quid a go. It's farcical.

Plus the fact that they're still 'trying' to fix last year's game while offering you the option to buy random battlepacks for 3 quid a go. It's farcical.

Oh thats a new one on me. 1 Battlepack for 3 quid????? Bit ****in steep considering half the time you just get letters or squares in them :p:p:p:p:p:p

Should we start to get worried about the Microsoft E3 Briefing - is it just going to be a bunch of previews for games for next year, or do they have anything that will be coming this year (except Battlefield: Hardline)?

Quantum break is confirmed for 2015 - first gameplay proper to be shown at Gamescom this year.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Genuine!

Even BF4 on the 360 wasn't enough to burn me. :)
    And now it's my go-to game (from a very limited supply) on the One.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

There's pretty much shag all coming out on the One until October at least.All I've been pretty much using it for the last two weeks is watching 4oD and an hour of titanfall here and there.Watch Dogs doesn't look great tbh, might pick it up on sale in a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Can't seem to download the netflix app on xbox one but its working grand on the 360. Is there an issue with it on x1 or something?

There's pretty much shag all coming out on the One until October at least.All I've been pretty much using it for the last two weeks is watching 4oD and an hour of titanfall here and there.Watch Dogs doesn't look great tbh, might pick it up on sale in a few months.
    Two more days to free Games with Gold on Xbox One and reduced Forza and Ryse (as Deals with Gold).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Is there a 4oD app available on the One? I looked for it a while ago but could not find it.

Yepp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I only recently changed my local to UK. Is that why it was hidden?

Edit: Found it :)

Yes that's why. I think the Youtube app was the same at launch.

• Advertisement

Yes that's why. I think the Youtube app was the same at launch.

Forza Horizon 2 announced before E3.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement