Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

emmetkenny wrote:
    Guys can you recommend a game for me to pick up on the one. Have a bit of spare cash this month so might treat myself

Turtle beach titanfall atlas ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Are there any decent games that are under a tenner on Live? (Indie type of games)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,134 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Turtle beach titanfall atlas ;);)

Is that you on Adverts ?

emmetkenny wrote:
    Is that you on Adverts ?

Tis :P

Tis :P

Ha the chances. Just trying to decide now between yours or saving up for another little longer and picking up a set of Astros.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote:
    Ha the chances. Just trying to decide now between yours or saving up for another little longer and picking up a set of Astros.

Looking at getting Turtle Beach Stealth 500x myself. I'd like the astros as they work for both PC and Xbox but really want wireless.

Looking at getting Turtle Beach Stealth 500x myself. I'd like the astros as they work for both PC and Xbox but really want wireless.

Just happened to see the A40s in Argos with the mix amp for 175 so was tempted by them. But very expensive especially when I'm planning on getting the Pro Controller when its released.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Are there any decent games that are under a tenner on Live? (Indie type of games)

Limbo? Dunno what the price is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

While not specifically indie the classic Another World is €4 on Xbox One this week. It's not the longest game in the world by any stretch but I liked it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hey guys my son has been waiting for a reason to upgrade to XBONE from 360, his mates are still on 360 but hes hoping a few will make the move with him now there is a start to backwards compatability.
    His favourite game is cod blops 2,any word on when this might be included?
    I see its number 2 on the vote list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Dcully wrote: »
    Hey guys my son has been waiting for a reason to upgrade to XBONE from 360, his mates are still on 360 but hes hoping a few will make the move with him now there is a start to backwards compatability.
    His favourite game is cod blops 2,any word on when this might be included?
    I see its number 2 on the vote list.

100 games (cod isnt one) should be ready for christmas, and the rest some time after that.

100 games (cod isnt one) should be ready for christmas, and the rest some time after that.

Is there a list somewhere of the first 100 games?

I don't think a full list is out yet, but I could be wrong.

I should probably qualify my earlier comment by saying there is no technical reason that cod couldn't be added to the holiday release , it will be down to games publishers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

No not yet, theres a limited selection on preview right now though.

i just got my xbox one and I like it a lot. It's not as big as I imagined, kinda loud, but not as loud as my PS4 can be >.<

Dcully wrote:
    Hey guys my son has been waiting for a reason to upgrade to XBONE from 360, his mates are still on 360 but hes hoping a few will make the move with him now there is a start to backwards compatability. His favourite game is cod blops 2,any word on when this might be included? I see its number 2 on the vote list.

The compatibility is only for preview members at the moment. I'd say when it's released to public fully in Autumn/Winter there's a strong possibility blops 2 and other top 10 games will be compatible.

The compatibility is only for preview members at the moment. I'd say when it's released to public fully in Autumn/Winter there's a strong possibility blops 2 and other top 10 games will be compatible.

Demand doesn't mean anything tbh, its entirely down to the studios.

Demand doesn't mean anything tbh, its entirely down to the studios.

Blops2 still has upwards of 50,000 people playing it regularly. I'm not sure they'll be all that keen to make it backwards compatible on the new machines within weeks of the 3rd one dropping.

but I'd love to be mistaken, and have them give away black ops 1 & 2 for free as a preorder bonus on xb1, the same way rainbow 6 is doing. It'll probably never happen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

cloud493 wrote: »

i just got my xbox one and I like it a lot. It's not as big as I imagined, kinda loud, but not as loud as my PS4 can be >.<

Are you using discs? All my games are digital and my machine is almost completely silent most of the time.

tony1980 wrote: »
    Are you using discs? All my games are digital and my machine is almost completely silent most of the time.

Aye discs. I'm not a digital kind of guy :p

Its less quiet than my PS4 in fairness, but I think I got a bad one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Aye discs. I'm not a digital kind of guy :p

Its less quiet than my PS4 in fairness, but I think I got a bad one.

I have it since day one and I still don't know if my disk drive works!

Odd that it's so loud, it really shouldn't be, I can't hear mine at all.

• Advertisement

Has to be a disc in the drive I'd say, found with some games even without launching them the disc would take about 10 minutes or so to spin down after booting up the console. It's not loud in my case but is noticeable with the console sat on the dashboard / game paused.

Definitely the Disc, I did get The Witcher 3 on disc recently as I plan to trade it in for something like Batman when finished but I haven't noticed much noise from the console using the Disc, I must check tonight when playing to see if there is a noticeable difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Your Xbox shouldn't be making any noise at all. I get a little hum when I'm idle at the dashboard but its dead silent most of the time

Its not super loud, but you can definitely hear it. Maybe its just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Deals with Gold change every Tuesday don't they?

Its not super loud, but you can definitely hear it. Maybe its just me.

Actually, meant to ask, maybe you mentioned already but by any chance, did you buy it in Argos?

tony1980 wrote: »
    Actually, meant to ask, maybe you mentioned already but by any chance, did you buy it in Argos?

No I got one of the discounted ones from cex after trades in.

No I got one of the discounted ones from cex after trades in.

Which means it could be one of the argos batch that a lot of people on here were returning due to them being noisier than normal. Maybe not.

The power brick can make noise too depending on if you have it plugged into an extension gangway or straight into the wall socket too.

It's meant to be plugged straight into a wall socket btw :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Deals with Gold change every Tuesday don't they?

Yes, every Tuesday. If you can't check Major Nelsons website, someone usually reposts the deals in the thread here, usually within an hour or two of them going up.

Might take a while after that for the deals themselves to become active though.

• Advertisement

Misky is right, could be one of those two causing your problem.

Had to return two from Argos myself, they were replaced no problem but I remember the noise out of them was awful so you could have been unlucky to have gotten one of them from CEX.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement