Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Guys whats the warranty on a controller? Got left stick drift on one I got back in January. Support online chat ..... god those poor Indian guys playing by a script.... is poo and very irritating, they really need to look at that and how falsely polite they are , anyway they say no support unless I got the controller with the console :confused:

Stop talking to MS support - go to the seller first.

Stop talking to MS support - go to the seller first.

MS was the seller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

MS was the seller

Oh no :( Now you will have to deal with their support.

It doesnt matter if the controller is out of warranty - its faulty so you can demand a replacement.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Guys whats the warranty on a controller? Got left stick drift on one I got back in January. Support online chat ..... god those poor Indian guys playing by a script.... is poo and very irritating, they really need to look at that and how falsely polite they are , anyway they say no support unless I got the controller with the console :confused:

Here's what I said way back in thread. Guy I was talking to did get a replacement controller in the end, but that was from a bricks and mortar shop. Not sure if this applies to products bought online though...
    CatInABox wrote: »
    Ah, I said at the time that I should favourite the post, but totally forgot. The gist of the post was that the one year warranty that the manufacturer provide is in addition to your legal rights, which in Ireland is varies between two years and a frankly ridiculous 6 years. It's all to do with the reasonable lifetime of a product, and a single year for a controller is totally unreasonable, I've still got my original 360 controller working away.

If you bought it in a shop in Ireland you can deal directly with them, and they'll cave after a few "I know my rights", particularly if you find the post I was talking about. If you bought it online, I'm not so sure then.

EDIT: Found the page the post linked to anyway, see here. You could print that out, go in and talk to the manager and say that you're willing to take it to the small claims court.

Also, when on the phone to them, if you aren't getting anywhere, then ask to escalate to their manager. Always be polite as well, it really helps.

Finally, when you don't think that you can get any where else with them, tell them of the above rights, and then ask for their managers name so that you can properly fill out the small claims forum.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Not sure how many youtubers and twitchers we have here on the Xbox forum, but if any of you are interested in broadcasting your gaming, then you should check out the Video Dome.

There's an announcement at the top of this forum about it, which you can check out here.

• Advertisement

Speaking of warranties, I couldn't access anything on my NAS (Network Attached Storage) box yesterday, so I did the usual thing of turning it off and back on again, only to be met with quite a large spark and the lovely smell of fried electronics.

5 years and 8 Terabytes of storages gone in a flash....

Or so I thought anyway, turns out that it was only 4 years and 11 months, and it has a 5 year hardware warranty! I even managed to get the receipt from a website I haven't used in years, so now I'm going through the escalation process with Netgear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    Speaking of warranties, I couldn't access anything on my NAS (Network Attached Storage) box yesterday, so I did the usual thing of turning it off and back on again, only to be met with quite a large spark and the lovely smell of fried electronics.

5 years and 8 Terabytes of storages gone in a flash....

Or so I thought anyway, turns out that it was only 4 years and 11 months, and it has a 5 year hardware warranty! I even managed to get the receipt from a website I haven't used in years, so now I'm going through the escalation process with Netgear.

Sucks to lose your data like that, I have a 1tb external HDD that has died on me as well, apparently a known issue with the power supply cable for that particular model. I'm going to have to buy a hard drive enclosure and try and get everything off of it.
    It wouldn't be so bad but I have loads of family photos on there that I dont want to lose.

Sucks to lose your data like that, I have a 1tb external HDD that has died on me as well, apparently a known issue with the power supply cable for that particular model. I'm going to have to buy a hard drive enclosure and try and get everything off of it.
    It wouldn't be so bad but I have loads of family photos on there that I dont want to lose.

Yeah, the small single drives are great for their price, but can be a bit temperamental at times, I've repaired and recovered so many of them for different people over the years.

It's just that warranties never usually work out for me, it's usually a 5 year warranty and it dies after 5 years and a day, so I'm delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

What are the chances of the next Xbox shipping with something very similar to the Elite Controller?

What are the chances of the next Xbox shipping with something very similar to the Elite Controller?

Almost zero, I'd say. The new controller with the headphone jack, yes, then new $150 Elite controller, no. It's only really for Prosumers to be honest, no one else really needs one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Will those elite controllers not be available in store? I'd rather one of them than a scuf tbh

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Will those elite controllers not be available in store? I'd rather one of them than a scuf tbh

Oh, they'll be in stores, they just won't be a pack-in with a new console.

Although, in saying that, they could make an "Elite Xbox One" package, with a 1TB+ console, with the Elite controller. It'd come with an Elite price though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

They should concentrate on remedying the current controller problem first, as in the dodgy fumbstixs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Liamalone wrote: »
    They should concentrate on remedying the current controller problem first, as in the dodgy fumbstixs :(
    I didn't notice any issues with thumbsticks in the last few years. Very precise analog sticks. Fantastic for precision moves. Do you hit them hard lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Zilch.

I didn't notice any issues with thumbsticks in the last few years. Very precise analog sticks. Fantastic for precision moves. Do you hit them hard lol.

They're brilliant controllers, til that drift thing happens, which seems all too common. They need to sort that. It's clearly an issue. Like the red ring on the 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm defiantly getting one of the Elite controllers. I saw it for preorder in GameStop for €150. Not that I'll be buying it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I was reading online that forza 6 pack in bundle will incudes the pro controller and the 1TB xbox one. It will be called the pro boundle or something along the lines of that.

Won't to get one of them pro crontollers but waiting to see the reviews 1st as 150 euros is quite a lot when I have a new Rock band controller to buy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Sam, sure you aren't confusing the new pro controller (with built a in headphone jack) and the newer elite controller?

As someone mentioned above it'll b more likely for MS to include the pro and not the elite in a with console bundle.
    The new pro controller is of no interest to me as I have the MS headphone dongle attached already. The elite controller, even at EUR150, looks tempting.

I've returned about a dozen controllers where the left thumbstick has gone faulty. It happens when playing Fifa and never happened once during 6 years of playing Fifa on the 360.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I've returned about a dozen controllers where the left thumbstick has gone faulty. It happens when playing Fifa and never happened once during 6 years of playing Fifa on the 360.
    I have 2 controllers. The day 1 controller I have dropped about 20 times and about 5 of those times I didn't expect the controller to be in 1 piece when I looked down and it still works great. The newer one just feels smoother because it's new.

My guess is that you're punishing it too much. You might need to adjust your play style to suit the controller because new controllers are only getting more precise and it's almsot impossible to get precision with big bulky analog sticks.

I have 2 controllers. The day 1 controller I have dropped about 20 times and about 5 of those times I didn't expect the controller to be in 1 piece when I looked down and it still works great. The newer one just feels smoother because it's new.

My guess is that you're punishing it too much. You might need to adjust your play style to suit the controller because new controllers are only getting more precise and it's almsot impossible to get precision with big bulky analog sticks.

*Jeremy Clarkson voice*
    Some say,you give liamalone lumps of coal, and he'll give you back diamonds.... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

I've replaced two under warranty so far for left thumb stick issues.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

Will this elite controller be good for racing games does anyone know?

Jjiipp79 wrote: »

I'd think so, with the four extra paddles you could map them to have a clutch and gear up/down combo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Those controllers are designed for shooters . So you can jump shot , drop shot etc without taking your thumbs off the sticks. I had a scuf for the 360 and loved it but something tells me this will be alot better than the scuf one.

You might need to adjust your play style to suit the controller

Lol why should I have to do that? Not my fault they changed the material inside that breaks to plastic whereas in the 360's controller the equivalent part was made of metal.

I actually don't mind it anymore as I bought a 2nd controller early doors so I always have a replacement when it happens, I then return the faulty one to the retailer and treat myself to a KFC as it's next door, add to that the fact that I could now open an AA battery stall as I get a pair with every controller and I use rechargeables.

^^^This shouldn't be an issue though.

Jjiipp79 wrote: »

Definitely I think. it's stalled me buying a wheel anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Definitely I think. it's stalled me buying a wheel anyway.

Same as! I was going to buy a wheel and build a stand, with this now coming out I will hold off..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement