Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Word to the wise. Be careful when your installing an Exernal Drive to the One.
    Once it's formatted to the Xbox. It can only be used on the xbox. Doesnt show up on laptops etc any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

nicklauski wrote: »
    Word to the wise. Be careful when your installing an Exernal Drive to the One.
    Once it's formatted to the Xbox. It can only be used on the xbox. Doesnt show up on laptops etc any more.

has the update rolled out? or was it already out
    I don't have any harddrives and most likely won't use it on anything else
    but I can see this hurting alot of people
    MS will most likely release their own branded harddrive for the x1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

I'm part of the preview programme, so if it hasnt rolled out yet, it wont be far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

What date in june does the games for gold kick off on xbox one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

What date in june does the games for gold kick off on xbox one?
    After the update rolls out, probably after E3 (next Monday) ... Give or take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

After the update rolls out, probably after E3 (next Monday) ... Give or take.

It might even be tomorrow though - the current deals with gold expires today, so it'd make sense to change it to Ryse / Forza tomorrow heading into E3 , and hopefully bring the games with gold online as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It might even be tomorrow though - the current deals with gold expires today, so it'd make sense to change it to Ryse / Forza tomorrow heading into E3 , and hopefully bring the games with gold online as well.

How do ypu find games with gold section on the xbone ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How do ypu find games with gold section on the xbone ?

Its not there yet - this month is the first round of games with gold for the one. I'd imagine it'll appear on the home screen ads, or else when you go into the store it'll be there.

http://www.thexboxhub.com/xbox-live-deals-with-gold-3rd-9th-june-2014/

thats this weeks list, nothing on forza and ryse, same old discount on call of duty ghosts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Another free to play game planned (altough I really shouldnt include the monstronsity of a game that is Powerstar Golf)

http://www.totalxbox.com/77358/ryse-devs-new-game-is-basically-left-4-dead-meets-castlevania/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=OXM-News-RSS

• Advertisement

miju wrote: »
    Another free to play game planned (altough I really shouldnt include the monstronsity of a game that is Powerstar Golf)

http://www.totalxbox.com/77358/ryse-devs-new-game-is-basically-left-4-dead-meets-castlevania/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=OXM-News-RSS

Is powerstar bad? I only played one hole and it seemed alright

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Is powerstar bad? I only played one hole and it seemed alright

It's grand game don't know what yer mans problem is with it!

It's grand game don't know what yer mans problem is with it!

If there's any man to find what's wrong with a game, it's miju.

Can I have my fiver now miju? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Recent posts regarding Games for Gold moved to the relevant Games for Gold thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    The update is there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just checked mine, in Settings -> System -> Update console and it was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

I know the Oneguide update is UK only, but if you have your region set to the UK will you get it working? Will be interesting to see and hopefully if it does work it will be compatible with the Irish EPG.

I know the answer will be no to all of these!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

We had a bit of discussion about this previously

See http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057173532

Havent tried it on the new version yet

-Toppy-

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Installed June update this morning with the OneGuide in mind. I have had the Xbox One set to UK locale since purchase.

The first question setup asks you is what your post code is and then you can select the Sky, Sky HD, Freeview cable box you use.

So if you put in any UK postcode, BBC 1 REGION is channel 101, BBC 2 is 102 etc ; of course RTE1 and Network2 are 101 and 102 on the Irish EPG. Unless anyone can figure out a workaround it is an utter waste of time.

Usual hit and miss comands when telling it to change channel. I was initially very excited about this but really cant be arsed having messed around with it for half an hour.

Also, I did try to fix my Locale settings back to Ireland just to see if it did work and unbelievably nearly 7 months after the launch of the Xbox One you cannot voice control in Region - Ireland. Pretty pathetic you would have to say.

All in all - Dont bother.

Ps - I still find the 'Xbox On' voice command excruciating to use. 50/50 if it works or not. Shouting at it only winds the wife up, wakes the baby, makes the dog scurry into the kitchen. Dont believe the hype its pretty average.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Posted this is in the games board, may as well post here for a bit more discussion:

A bit of buzz (not lots) on twitter and certain forums that Fallout 4 is the big Xbox One exclusive. Don't know where it came from, but interesting to speculate on.

Can't see it happening. But if it does, I reckon it would just be a timed exclusive for Xbox One and also released on PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

No chance.

45+ new apps before the end of the year

Crunchyroll, Filmbox Live, KDrama, MOVIEPLEX Play, Sky News, NBA the only ones listed for IE.

Just give me Sky Go :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Yep unfortunately as georgewickstaff says you can only enter UK postcodes to get the one guide. You can kinda bypass it by saying "watch BBC 1" which seems to bring me to 141 (I think because 101 is BBC HD in the UK) or watch ITV for TV3 etc... there is no voice command that I can find for channel up and down either. All in all too much hassle so back to the Sky remote.

The destination Brazil stuff for the world cup should be interesting next week, so I'll probably connect the TV again then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Been getting this for the last few weeks... Any solutions or am I gonna have to send my baby in for repairs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shZ46SJUB5U

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

Has anyone seen a game appear twice on the dash, at the moment fifa is showing up twice and is showing as installed 9.8 gig twice, i have tried uninstall and reinstall but no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Yep. I have Zoo Tycoon Demo and Zoo Tycoon Demo appear in the list of Apps (neither is installed, but appears twice as possible to install).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

another thing for all i found this while in work

http://winsupersite.com/xbox/xbox-one-game-sharing

has anyone done this yet it seems a bit to good to be true

• Registered Users Posts: 45 allyano16

Ps - I still find the 'Xbox On' voice command excruciating to use. 50/50 if it works or not. Shouting at it only winds the wife up, wakes the baby, makes the dog scurry into the kitchen. Dont believe the hype its pretty average.

I have to say the Kinect voice features I couldn't live without, I have the Horizon box linked into the XB. Saying "XB on" works every time followed by "XB Watch TV" closely followed by "XB Volume up" and a whole load of other nice command - tis the biz if it you collab it correctly

With the new update I downloaded the 2 free games last night Max which I haven't played & Halo: Spartan Assault - a decent game which had me playing till 2am which I haven't done since back during the GTA V days

• Advertisement

recyclops wrote: »
    another thing for all i found this while in work

http://winsupersite.com/xbox/xbox-one-game-sharing

has anyone done this yet it seems a bit to good to be true

Been mentioned here a few times, some using it and it does indeed work

Keen to try it out myself, be pretty sweet being able to take turns or go halvesies paying for games

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement