Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Lol

Japan did occupy hong kong for years though if my history class memories serve me correctly

I dunno, If your history teacher was as good as your geography one, there might be reasonable cause for doubt. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I dunno, If your history teacher was as good as your geography one, there might be reasonable cause for doubt. :D

During world war 2 Japan occupied hong kong for years till sometime in the 90s

Nah it was history I was thinking as world war

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

pro tip, if you're doing the japan trick, do it in an incognito window, that way you can just close the window and you wont have to reset the locale back to ireland for your next visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Pm sent

Got it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

During world war 2 Japan occupied hong kong for years till sometime in the 90s

Nah it was history I was thinking as world war

Yeah Japan occupied Hong Kong during WW2 but it was Britain the rest of the time:

"1841 to 1997 Hong Kong was under British rule (excluding the Japanese occupation from 1941 to 1945).

...andddddd that's enough history for today! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

pro tip, if you're doing the japan trick, do it in an incognito window, that way you can just close the window and you wont have to reset the locale back to ireland for your next visit.

Just done this and it was fairly simple! It has started auto downloading, hoping that it actually isn't in Japanese and I have to dl it again.....

It has started auto downloading, hoping that it actually isn't in Japanese and I have to dl it again.....

Just cancel download. Then go to your games and apps, scroll all the way to the end and give it a min to pop up, should pop up ready to install Black Ops 3 Beta, and as long as youre set to an English speaking country it will be fine, install away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

How do i do it if the writing is in Japanese?

I basically hit any green box that showed up and signed in when I recognised the sign in page.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I basically hit any green box that showed up and signed in when I recognised the sign in page.....

Did that and had to authenticate with my phone, did that and i went to another Japanese page which i couldn't translate.Am i missing something here lads.?

It was in my games library but wasn't downloading

• Advertisement

Did that and had to authenticate with my phone, did that and i went to another Japanese page which i couldn't translate.Am i missing something here lads.?

Are you trying to log in with a vpn running? I had to disable my vpn as Microsoft wanted me to authenticate as it thought I was in the Netherlands and found that to be suspicious. Once I'd disabled it and went back in it went through no problem with no authentication required.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Ha you can actually get Black Ops 3 Beta without any code by changing region on Xbox.com to Japan it appears.

https://store.xbox.com/ja-JP/Xbox-One/Games/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-III-Multiplayer-Beta/3aff42d2-453c-437a-a489-c49a7b068e84

Thanks MiskyBoyy

Your the Man! Worked straight away and boy are the Microsoft servers fast I downloaded the Demo on PS4 and started it at 12.30am expecting it to be down in the morning, when I got up at 9am it was still downloading with 3 hours to go. This downloaded and installed in under 30minutes:eek:

MiskyBoyy for president:) Or at least make him an Xbox Mod!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Installing fine for me, shocking slow though. Is it slow for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Ya I started mine at 4 and it's only 25% now :(

Use chrome it has a built in auto translator, chrome on mobile and pc :)

Thanks MiskyBoyy

Your the Man! Worked straight away and boy are the Microsoft servers fast I downloaded the Demo on PS4 and started it at 12.30am expecting it to be down in the morning, when I got up at 9am it was still downloading with 3 hours to go. This downloaded and installed in under 30minutes:eek:

MiskyBoyy for president:) Or at least make him an Xbox Mod!

Glad you got it working. Yeah when I downloaded it on PS4, the PSN download is really weird. It starts off grand, then slows down from 50 mins to 50 hours, you pause, resume download again and it flies away again but that's no good if you want to go to bed or something.

I think xbox forums is already overmodded as it is :P

Ya I started mine at 4 and it's only 25% now :(

If you go to Settings>Network> Bandwidth Usage it shows the speed it's currently downloading at. Mine was using my full 40mb bandwidth.

Check to see if yours is the same...

If you go to Settings>Network> Bandwidth Usage it shows the speed it's currently downloading at. Mine was using my full 40mb bandwidth.

Check to see if yours is the same...

I'm in bandwidth usage now but not sure what it means tbh

It says current usage 1.73 mbit per second

It says current usage 1.73 mbit per second

What speed net do you have?

• Advertisement

What speed net do you have?

I think I get around 40 download

I think I get around 40 download

That 1.73mb should be saying more like 38mb then so.

With 40mb, it should take just under an hour to download 13gb.

You sure no1 else is downloading something or your PC isn't downloading something without you knowing, updates or anything?

Could be servers ARE just very slow right now but that would be unusual for XB1 to me.

If the download doesn't start making progress I'd be inclined to hard reset my xbox and reset my router. (if it were me)

That 1.73mb should be saying more like 38mb then so.

With 40mb, it should take just under an hour to download 13gb.

You sure no1 else is downloading something or your PC isn't downloading something without you knowing, updates or anything?

Could be servers ARE just very slow right now but that would be unusual for XB1 to me.

If the download doesn't start making progress I'd be inclined to hard reset my xbox and reset my router. (if it were me)

No I'm home alone and my pc isn't even turned on. I'm using my phones data. If I hard reset my Xbox and reset my modem will that restart the download ?

No I'm home alone and my pc isn't even turned on. I'm using my phones data. If I hard reset my Xbox and reset my modem will that restart the download ?

It shouldn't. It usually doesn't for me anyway but I take no responsibility :rolleyes:

How long since you started it and what % is it on?

It shouldn't. It usually doesn't for me anyway but I take no responsibility :rolleyes:

How long since you started it and what % is it on?

Started at 4pm and it's only on 32% now :(

Started at 4pm and it's only on 32% now :(

Oh wow lol.

Pause the download and do a speedtest.com on your phone to make sure your net is working fully today.

Just saying if it was me, I'd defo hard reset xbox and restart router.

At that rate, you won't get to play it tonight anyway! Might as well take the chance of getting it done in 40 mins.

Oh wow lol.

Pause the download and do a speedtest.com on your phone to make sure your net is working fully today.

Just saying if it was me, I'd defo hard reset xbox and restart router.

At that rate, you won't get to play it tonight anyway! Might as well take the chance of getting it done in 40 mins.

Ya I'm going to chance it lol

Ya I'm going to chance it lol

giphy.gif

Well it helped some bit. Current usage is now 4.35

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I haven't been able to even complete a round of Black Ops 3 without the game freezing.

Forgeting the freeze this game really isn't a patch on Black Ops 2. I am surprised how sub par the gameplay is. It feels like some cheap crap F2P game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement