Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

It's CoD and you sound suprised :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    PM sent.
    Thank you, appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I haven't been able to even complete a round of Black Ops 3 without the game freezing.

Forgeting the freeze this game really isn't a patch on Black Ops 2. I am surprised how sub par the gameplay is. It feels like some cheap crap F2P game.

You can't really say that without playing a couple of hours and get use to it, although saying that the game is broken on XboxOne at the moment constant crashes and freezing hopefully it will be better tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

You can't really say that without playing a couple of hours and get use to it, although saying that the game is broken on XboxOne at the moment constant crashes and freezing hopefully it will be better tomorrow
    I know usually within the first 10 minutes when it comes to Call of Duty games.

While this is my first impression of the game it's highly unlikely to change. I got used to the controls very quickly.

I think Blops 2 was in another league in comparison. I am going to watch a few videos on YouTube to gauge people's reactions. It's been out on the PS4 for a few days. Does anyone know what the general consensus is regarding the beta?

I know usually within the first 10 minutes when it comes to Call of Duty games.

While this is my first impression of the game it's highly unlikely to change. I got used to the controls very quickly.

I think Blops 2 was in another league in comparison. I am going to watch a few videos on YouTube to gauge people's reactions. It's been out on the PS4 for a few days. Does anyone know what the general consensus is regarding the beta?
    Most of the non-biased youtubers who hated Ghosts and Advanced Warfare love this game and think it really is the best Cod game since Blops 2. Check out the likes of Thunder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Played a few games last night. Its alot better than the last 2 games , have only used the smg and AR that are already unlocked. Don't really like the AR tho.

Not too gone on the maps either but it's probably because I'm not used to them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

HMV isn't selling gears early, glad I didn't rush down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I may have been a bit harsh with it because today I am starting to enjoy it however I have to say IMO it seems better than Advanced warfare but not as good as Blops 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

HMV isn't selling gears early, glad I didn't rush down there.

Will that deal with you been able to download Gears 1-3 with the backward compatibility not work if you buy the physical copy though i wonder??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Will that deal with you been able to download Gears 1-3 with the backward compatibility not work if you buy the physical copy though i wonder??

It said if you've played Gears of War Ultimate before December 31st you'd get the older BC gears.

I'm only guessing here now but it could just be a case of having launched it once as was the deal with getting the subsidized Minecraft for XB1. So you wouldn't even have to own it, just get a loan of it if possible.

"To qualify, purchase & play Gears of War: Ultimate Edition on Xbox Live between August 25th and December 31st 2015"

• Advertisement

You will. I'll still keep my physical copies doe.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Most of the non-biased youtubers who hated Ghosts and Advanced Warfare love this game and think it really is the best Cod game since Blops 2. Check out the likes of Thunder

It's definitely the best cod since blops2, but then the bar isn't very high after that crap. I'd like this game a lot more had they just left of the jet pack stuff.

Also can't get a game now, keeps kicking me to the home screen.

It's definitely the best cod since blops2, but then the bar isn't very high after that crap. I'd like this game a lot more had they just left of the jet pack stuff.

Also can't get a game now, keeps kicking me to the home screen.

I don't find it as invasive as Advanced Warfare you can't really boost jump out of the way if someone is shooting you. Wall running is just quicker ways to get from A to B and it's easy to shoot people off the walls.

Quite disappointed with the stability issues on the Xboxone, I got a couple of stable games around 5pm today but it goes down hill at night probably because more in the US coming online. I found the beta a lot more stable on the PS4, hopefully it will improve for the weekend.

I don't find it as invasive as Advanced Warfare you can't really boost jump out of the way if someone is shooting you. Wall running is just quicker ways to get from A to B and it's easy to shoot people off the walls.

Quite disappointed with the stability issues on the Xboxone, I got a couple of stable games around 5pm today but it goes down hill at night probably because more in the US coming online. I found the beta a lot more stable on the PS4, hopefully it will improve for the weekend.

I have it on ps4, xb1 & pc. Game froze for me a few times on both consoles but run pretty much the same apart from that and won't connect at all on pc for me :confused: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

I have it on ps4, xb1 & pc. Game froze for me a few times on both consoles but run pretty much the same apart from that and won't connect at all on pc for me :confused: :pac:

This series has really gone downhill since Black Ops 2 in my opinion. And they badly BADLY need to update the graphics engine.

Apart from the frame rate, this game could easily have been on last gen consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

This series has really gone downhill since Black Ops 2 in my opinion. And they badly BADLY need to update the graphics engine.

Apart from the frame rate, this game could easily have been on last gen consoles.

I think it went downhill a lot earlier than that. But that aside, I thought they had a new engine now, did Advanced Warfare not have a new engine???

I've not played a COD title in a long time, but AW tempted me, so I watched a bit on twitch, could not believe how sh1te it looked. I still assumed it was a new engine though based on the trailer, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

4 pages of CoD chat and counting

giphy.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I'm starting to really enjoy the black ops now. I'd rather if the jet pack wasn't in it but it doesn't bother me at the same time.

Lmgs are way too overpowered tho. Oh and the razorback is more like an AR than smg lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Just picked up my 1Tb xbox one!

Have a 360 so tipped the balance

naughtb4 wrote: »

Good man(?) yourself!

Welcome to XB1 :)

• Advertisement

Good man(?) yourself!

Welcome to XB1 :)

Cheers, will get ea access sorted tonight and dragon age downloaded!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,142 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Don't forget to post your GT when your set up so we can add you.

Man gears of war looks amazing for essentially a remaster.

maximoose wrote: »
    4 pages of CoD chat and counting

giphy.gif

:pac:
    Dedicated Black Ops 3 discussion thread on here
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057410093/15/#post96752593

Good to see something been done, even if it's just a slap on the wrist it's better than nothing:

Six teens arrested for utilizing Lizard Squad’s website attack tool

Hooked my android box up to the one today, worked rather well

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Actually never thought baout hooking my android stick into my xbox one!! :rolleyes:

thank you for helping me see the light :)

DaraDali wrote: »
    Actually never thought baout hooking my android stick into my xbox one!! :rolleyes:

thank you for helping me see the light :)

Chromecasts and all! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

I'm sure there is some form rule about this..but what the hell I'll ask anyway! How do you do it?!

• Advertisement

trixiebust wrote: »
    I'm sure there is some form rule about this..but what the hell I'll ask anyway! How do you do it?!

Literally just plugged it into the HDMI Input port.

No major advantages but being able to Snap is useful and it simplifies things for the less technical members of the house

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement