Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

I use AllCast on my phone to watch movies / stream media to Xbox One all the time works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I use AllCast on my phone to watch movies / stream media to Xbox One all the time works perfectly.

How does that work ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Its exact same as ChromeCast. Just Connect your phone to your normal UPC / Eircom / Sky router find media you want to play and open up AllCast and it will find your XboxOne or Smart TV (or laptop / PC IF you have the Google chrome plugin) and just hit play and your Xbox One video app opens automatically and starts playing it.

For movie apps you would have to Google the best Android ones cos that part is against the rules here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Made a Google Calendar for Xbox One games. Not sure if there would be much interest here (or indeed there might already be one) but if you click this link

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=ZDV0OWx2cjM5YnFrNTI3cWFiNzRxNTdoNTBAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ

You should hopefully get a popup asking if you would like to add the calendar. If you add it, and want to see it on your phone, you'd need to go to Google Calendar, go into settings and choose to display that calendar. I'm not entirely sure this will work this way, but it's better than getting individual email addresses and manually adding. You will probably notice that all the games have US release dates, I used metacritic for the dates, that's what they have and this isn't a problem for me.

I'm seeing plenty of thanks, but is this working for people? Is it something you're interested in?

If it is working, and people are interested I'll create a thread and subscribe to it. I'll keep it up to date if people will post in there when they see a release date changed or new game added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Got an Xbox One on Thursday, the Argos deal with Rare Replay and Jurassic World. Used the vouchers on Sunset Overdrive.

I have to say Sunset Overdrive is brilliant, great fun. Feels like a mix of Crackdown and Saints Row. Be nice to see a sequel at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Nolimits wrote:
    I'm seeing plenty of thanks, but is this working for people? Is it something you're interested in?

Nolimits wrote:
    If it is working, and people are interested I'll create a thread and subscribe to it. I'll keep it up to date if people will post in there when they see a release date changed or new game added.

Deffently something I'd be interested in anyway very handy I'm often googling to see what games are coming out soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Nolimits wrote: »

I think its a very good idea and would definitely be interested. I tried it there, I have to click on a game in the link and then add it to my calender which worked.

• Advertisement

tony1980 wrote: »
    I think its a very good idea and would definitely be interested. I tried it there, I have to click on a game in the link and then add it to my calender which worked.

I thought you'd just be able to add the whole calendar?

If people don't mind sending email addresses, I could just add you to it that way and you'd get the full calendar along with any changes I make.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Nolimits wrote: »

Just added it there, and got it to work. Very useful idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Forza 6 demo available from tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

http://majornelson.com/2015/08/31/new-xbox-one-elite-bundle-and-lunar-white-wireless-controller/

Said there a few months ago that there will be a bundle with the elite controller and I was right LoL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

http://majornelson.com/2015/08/31/new-xbox-one-elite-bundle-and-lunar-white-wireless-controller/

Said there a few months ago that there will be a bundle with the elite controller and I was right LoL.

quote from the article

includes a 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive, which stores frequently-accessed files on a solid state partition and optimizes system performance so you can get to the action up to 20 percent faster from energy-saving mode

is this different from whats in the current 1TB bundles, or is it just marketing nonsense?

I'm surprised that they don't have a bundle with the Elite, and Halo 5, they'd go hand in hand quite nicely imo.

mad-max.png?w=780&h=352

lovely console if you live in a meth den.

Did Phil Spencer ever reveal that BC news he said would be coming soon?

Did Phil Spencer ever reveal that BC news he said would be coming soon?

This week apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Forza 6 demo available from tomorrow.

Only a few weeks or so to the release of the game.

I'm looking forward to driving around the Nordschleife in a Corvette C7.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,142 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Can't wait to get my grubby little hands on that controller :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

is this different from whats in the current 1TB bundles, or is it just marketing nonsense?

It is different, it's a hybrid drive but it won't make much of a difference game loading times. I'd say only difference will be like they said:

"20 percent faster from energy-saving mode."

So the console will get to the Home screen 20% faster whilst in energy saving mode.

Always use instant on myself so MEH.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Got a free one month code for ea access for preordering Fifa and as my year has just been paid up again I would like to give it away to a fellow boardie. first to pm will get the code. Won't be back on the site till tomorrow afternoon but will send it then

Has anybody set up an An Post FX card on their Xboxes as a payment method ?

I thought it might be handy as I'd prefer not to have my normal bank card details used.

Mods feel free to delete this if its not the right place to ask.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Has anybody set up an An Post FX card on their Xboxes as a payment method ?

I thought it might be handy as I'd prefer not to have my normal bank card details used.

Mods feel free to delete this if its not the right place to ask.

Haven't myself but I have used this card, it's the absolute business. Completely free, no transaction charges and can use it in foreign local currencies too:

https://revolut.com/

I see that black ops 2 is on sale at 65% off on deals with gold at the moment. Wishful thinking on my part, but I wonder will we hear something about backwards compatibility this week....

I see that black ops 2 is on sale at 65% off on deals with gold at the moment. Wishful thinking on my part, but I wonder will we hear something about backwards compatibility this week....

I don't know if COD will make it into B.C with their new found companionship with Playstation...

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Haven't myself but I have used this card, it's the absolute business. Completely free, no transaction charges and can use it in foreign local currencies too:

https://revolut.com/

Can that be used on Xbox Live then ? I could remove my own card from my US account.

Does it support any other currencies ?

Can that be used on Xbox Live then ? I could remove my own card from my US account.

Does it support any other currencies ?

Yeah it can be used anywhere online. Download the app for your phone, sign up. You will have instant access to your new mastercard, there'll be a virtual photo of it for you to get details off it. They don't post a physical card out by default but you can request one for free within the app too. I signed up about a week ago and received the card yesterday.

It supports all currencies as far as I know. In the app it has 3 main currencies, £ $ & € in which you can have a seperate balance for each and transfer between them too.

There's a bargain alert thread about the card here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=346

When signing up use the promo code "MSE" which when you top up by £10 will give you £5 welcome bonus free.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yeah it can be used anywhere online. Download the app for your phone, sign up. You will have instant access to your new mastercard, there'll be a virtual photo of it for you to get details off it. They don't post a physical card out by default but you can request one for free within the app too. I signed up about a week ago and received the card yesterday.

It supports all currencies as far as I know. In the app it has 3 main currencies, £ $ & € in which you can have a seperate balance for each and transfer between them too.

There's a bargain alert thread about the card here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=346

When signing up use the promo code "MSE" which when you top up by £10 will give you £5 welcome bonus free.

Actually remember reading that thread. Signed up there anyway.

Might try buy something off the Canadia store later with it.

• Advertisement

Actually remember reading that thread. Signed up there anyway.

Might try buy something off the Canadia store later with it.

Can't discuss how to buy from foreign markets here but 1 last point, xbox.com will still know you're buying from Ireland so you will have to trick it into thinking you're in Canada somehow (idunnoaVPNorsomethingcoughcough)

Well that's enough discussion of that, best of luck with your new card! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement