Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

recyclops wrote: »
    another thing for all i found this while in work

http://winsupersite.com/xbox/xbox-one-game-sharing

has anyone done this yet it seems a bit to good to be true

Yep, a good few boards.ie Xbox One owners do this. Works even better when you use the US store. Then you are splitting about €43 between 2 people for new games that cost between €65 - €75 in stores here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭recyclops

Yep, a good few boards.ie Xbox One owners do this. Works even better when you use the US store. Then you are splitting about €43 between 2 people for new games that cost between €65 - €75 in stores here.

Yeah gonna try it out with one of the lads in teh office seems like a no brainer if you can get brand new games for 20-25 on launch day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Yeah gonna try it out with one of the lads in teh office seems like a no brainer if you can get brand new games for 20-25 on launch day

Yep its great to be honest, person in paired with we just alternate who buys games its just handier

BTW this also works not only for games but DLC and Season Passes also

another thing for all i found this while in work

http://winsupersite.com/xbox/xbox-one-game-sharing

has anyone done this yet it seems a bit to good to be true

This is one of the benefits of DRM managements and always on. But for some reason MS never explained it properly, if they had of Id say their sale wouldn't be so laggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

I just joined the xbox one club yesterday and just want to say hi, waiting patiently for delivery of my box to join the other next gen console in the house. Have any of you any recommendations of exclusives to play on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

beercr8te wrote: »
    I just joined the xbox one club yesterday and just want to say hi, waiting patiently for delivery of my box to join the other next gen console in the house. Have any of you any recommendations of exclusives to play on it?

Welcome to the club!

Titanfall is a great place to start. I don't think there are many exclusives right now except for Dead Rising, Ryse and Forza. All pretty good games.

I'm playing Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare and it's great craic. I believe it's exclusive for the moment to the Xbox one. :)

funkyflea wrote: »
    Welcome to the club!

Titanfall is a great place to start. I don't think there are many exclusives right now except for Dead Rising, Ryse and Forza. All pretty good games.

I'm playing Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare and it's great craic. I believe it's exclusive for the moment to the Xbox one. :)

Thanks, I managed to get the Titanfall bundle, been dying to have a go on that, plants vs zombies i'll check it out along with Ryse :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Thanks, I managed to get the Titanfall bundle, been dying to have a go on that, plants vs zombies i'll check it out along with Ryse :D.

Ryse will be on sale later on this month if you can wait. Keep an eye on majornelson.com for info on the special offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I think Forza is on sale this month in the xbox store it's a great game. Titanfall is pretty good aswell even if your not into fps games you'll enjoy it.
    Don't forget your 2 free games aswell if you have xbox live http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/games-with-gold

I think Forza is on sale this month in the xbox store it's a great game. Titanfall is pretty good aswell even if your not into fps games you'll enjoy it.
    Don't forget your 2 free games aswell if you have xbox live http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/games-with-gold

Thanks for that wooden, I just nabbed those free games, I'll check out forza on the store, it's tempting as I played a it for a bit in smyths last year after the launch.

• Advertisement

Ryse will be on sale later on this month if you can wait. Keep an eye on majornelson.com for info on the special offers.

Thanks stone, that's great to hear, I've waited this long for Ryse so I guess I can wait a bit more, I have a feeling I'm going to be broke this month with all the deals I'm being told about, much appreciated :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Thanks stone, that's great to hear, I've waited this long for Ryse so I guess I can wait a bit more, I have a feeling I'm going to be broke this month with all the deals I'm being told about, much appreciated :D

I'd keep holding off, how many titles have they got for games with gold on the one ? This will be free sooner than later as it has DLC

calex71 wrote: »
    I'd keep holding off, how many titles have they got for games with gold on the one ? This will be free sooner than later as it has DLC

That's true, I could see MS doing that. Been mostly impressed with their x360 games with gold so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Rayman Legends is amazing if you like platform games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Thanks for that wooden, I just nabbed those free games, I'll check out forza on the store, it's tempting as I played a it for a bit in smyths last year after the launch.
    Titanfall is great but Forza has kinda taken over my life online. good luck beercr8te :)

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Rayman Legends is amazing if you like platform games.

Got that on ps plus with my vita, very good game.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Titanfall is great but Forza has kinda taken over my life online. good luck beercr8te :)

I'll certainly have a crack at it gizmo, looks like its down to 27 pounds on the uk store, not giving a euro price unfortunetly.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

"Irish and Austrian (and Kiwi) Xbox One owners: You'll be able to turn on Kinect voice commands in English or German from July. #XboxE3"
    Graeme Boyd just posted this on twitter. About time!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,672 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Maestro84 wrote: »
    "Irish and Austrian (and Kiwi) Xbox One owners: You'll be able to turn on Kinect voice commands in English or German from July. #XboxE3"

"Austrian (and Kiwi)" seems an odd pairing there....

"Austrian (and Kiwi)" seems an odd pairing there....

have you not been to new zealand? tis like an arnold schwarzenegger convention. :)

• Advertisement

Maestro84 wrote: »

i think ill happily stay with my US account and cheaper content :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭recyclops

id be the same but when its all set up with one guide etc would it be possible to flick between the two seemlessly? :confused:

id be the same but when its all set up with one guide etc would it be possible to flick between the two seemlessly? :confused:

not without a system restart. Personally i wont be using one guide, i just use twitch, youtube and Netflix.

hopefully someday a Sky app same as the 360 too

http://thedestinyblog.com/2014/06/10/bungie-reportedly-states-it-will-get-destiny-to-1080p30fps-on-xbox-one-thanks-to-new-xbox-sdk/

I was going to post this in the cesspit that is Xbox vs ps4 but some people only hear what they want to hear.
    For the rest of us, it looks like the performance gap is starting to close.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/06/events-xbox-holiday-exclusives-e3?linkId=8477801

And a handy list of everything that's out between now and Christmas.

I'll definitely be picking up gta 5 again, far cry 4 is also a must, and depending on how destiny and sunset overdrive shape up I could see myself splashing out there too. Forza horizon 2 wasn't even on my radar till I saw the trailer, but I'm very tempted now.

I'm a bit of an indie snob as well (in that I generally don't even consider them) but I'd say I'm after watching that id@xbox trailer 5 times now. So much interesting looking stuff coming down the line.

The biggest problem from here on out, specially seeing as games with gold has upped the standard is going to be trying to find time to play everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I enjoyed GTA 5 , not so much the multiplayer after a while it turned into .... well it turned into what it was always going to turn into. I really don't think I could bring myself to play through the story again so soon and for top dollar with better graphics, it will be the same game though maybe that version will have heists :rolleyes:

Surely there can't be many outside of PC only players who haven't already played it ? R* must be counting on it being cheap to put out and folks being willing to buy the same thing again :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I loved Forza Horizon, so the sequel is a must buy for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

A List of the games announced and release dates so far (October 7 looks like a busy day :))
    •Dead Rising 3 DLC - Available now
    •Forza 5 Free DLC - Available Now
    •EA Sports UFC - June 17, 2014
    •Valiant Hearts: The Great War - June 25, 2014
    •Sniper Elite III - July 1, 2014
    •Diablo III Reaper of Souls - August 19, 2014
    •Madden 2015 - August 26, 2014
    •Destiny - September 9, 2014
    •NHL 15 - September 9, 2014
    •FIFA 15 - September 23, 2014
    •Forza Horizon 2 - September 30, 2014
    •Skylanders Trap Team - October 5, 2014
    •Alien Isolation - October 7, 2014
    •Dragon Age: Inquisition - October 7, 2014
    •Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - October 7, 2014
    •NBA 2K15 - October 7, 2014
    •Battlefield Hardline - October 21, 2014
    •Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved - October 21, 2014
    •Evolve - October 21, 2014
    •The Evil Within - October 21, 2014
    •Assassins Creed: Unity - October 28, 2014
    •GTA V - October 28, 2014 (unofficial date yet)
    •Sunset Overdrive - October 28, 2014
    •WWE2K15 - October 28, 2014
    •Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - November 4, 2014
    •Halo: The Master Chief Collection - November 11, 2014
    •The Crew - November 11, 2014
    •Far Cry 4 - November 18, 2014

calex71 wrote: »
    I enjoyed GTA 5 , not so much the multiplayer after a while it turned into .... well it turned into what it was always going to turn into. I really don't think I could bring myself to play through the story again so soon

i wont be replaying single player but by god will i be trolling the **** out of multiplayer again cant wait :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

From that list my probable buys are:

•Destiny - September 9, 2014
    •NHL 15 - September 9, 2014
    •FIFA 15 - September 23, 2014
    •Forza Horizon 2 - September 30, 2014
    •Alien Isolation - October 7, 2014
    •Evolve - October 21, 2014
    •Sunset Overdrive - October 28, 2014
    •Halo: The Master Chief Collection - November 11, 2014
    •Far Cry 4 - November 18, 2014

Probably pick up COD or Battlefield depending on their reception. September- November gonna be busy :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement