Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Just downloaded the Forza 6 demo. Nice looking game you get to try five tracks, Rio, Lime Rock, Yas Marina (at night), Indianapolis and Seabring(in the rain).

The night racing looks good. But the rain really adds a new dimension to racing with different braking points, the feeling the car aquaplaning or puddles grabbing at the tyre as you stray off line.

I'm starting to get exicted for the launch on the 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Kxiii wrote: »
    Just downloaded the Forza 6 demo. Nice looking game you get to try five tracks, Rio, Lime Rock, Yas Marina (at night), Indianapolis and Seabring(in the rain).

The night racing looks good. But the rain really adds a new dimension to racing with different braking points, the feeling the car aquaplaning or puddles grabbing at the tyre as you stray off line.

I'm starting to get exicted for the launch on the 18th.

It's class. Weather effects and night racing, finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

What can you actually do in the demo ? Just a quick race ? I love forza but I always get bored of it after a week or 2.

It's annoying too that they don't have more of the old jap cars in it. Would love to see a glanza but that will never happen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

rottie 11 wrote:
    It's annoying too that they don't have more of the old jap cars in it. Would love to see a glanza but that will never happen

What annoys me is that there's no open option will all the cars unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

I see that black ops 2 is on sale at 65% off on deals with gold at the moment. Wishful thinking on my part, but I wonder will we hear something about backwards compatibility this week....
    According to this image from the Xbox press conference at Gamescom, Activision aren't one of the publishers who've signed up.

So, probably not.

• Advertisement

TweekeewT wrote: »
    According to this image from the Xbox press conference at Gamescom, Activision aren't one of the publishers who've signed up.

So, probably not.

Unsurprising given their recent output of half assed reissues on one like Protocol and Deadpool

1TB Elite Bundle announced, which forgetting about the controller will be a SSD/H Drive :mad:

The reason for my :mad: Isn't the Size of the drive it's the implications if the OS goes like it should on the SSD element, that could see a performance boost to the console. They are saying 20% faster boot from energy saving mode but quiet about the rest.

I know there is a new improved dash coming but I would be very interested in seeing how this bench marks vs a console with standard drives.

Oh link http://www.trueachievements.com/n21492/xbox-one-elite-bundle-announced.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

quote from the article

includes a 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive, which stores frequently-accessed files on a solid state partition and optimizes system performance so you can get to the action up to 20 percent faster from energy-saving mode

is this different from whats in the current 1TB bundles, or is it just marketing nonsense?

I'm surprised that they don't have a bundle with the Elite, and Halo 5, they'd go hand in hand quite nicely imo.
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It is different, it's a hybrid drive but it won't make much of a difference game loading times. I'd say only difference will be like they said:

"20 percent faster from energy-saving mode."

So the console will get to the Home screen 20% faster whilst in energy saving mode.

Always use instant on myself so MEH.
    1TB Elite Bundle announced, which forgetting about the controller will be a SSD/H Drive :mad:

The reason for my :mad: Isn't the Size of the drive it's the implications if the OS goes like it should on the SSD element, that could see a performance boost to the console. They are saying 20% faster boot from energy saving mode but quiet about the rest.

I know there is a new improved dash coming but I would be very interested in seeing how this bench marks vs a console with standard drives.

Oh link http://www.trueachievements.com/n21492/xbox-one-elite-bundle-announced.htm

You missed a few posts back :P (regarding the SSHD)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

When's the new dashboard update coming out? It's soon enough I think?

When's the new dashboard update coming out? It's soon enough I think?

November for general public.

September sometime for preview members.

(afaik)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    November for general public.

September sometime for preview members.

(afaik)

Hopefully!

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    OK I may be missing something really obvious but I bought ODST for the Master Chief collection but I cant see it in the game menu? Where the deuce is it supposed be?

go to campaign / halo 3 / Halo3 ODST

its kinda hidden out of the way in there. - what a savage game, one of my favourite in the series. I'm making my way through 4 at the moment, while it looks good, the story has me a bit underwhelmed so far.

OK I may be missing something really obvious but I bought ODST for the Master Chief collection but I cant see it in the game menu? Where the deuce is it supposed be?

its under halo 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Its in the Halo 3 category of the menu.

*Edit: beat me by 1 min ye fecker Dunworth ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I could never get into ODST, must actually go back and try it again and see what the fuss is all about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I enjoyed it a lot more in co-op than I did in single player. It's OK but the real value came from the fact that the MP disc was Halo 3 and all it's DLC. As a single player compared to the Halo games that came before it, it's not great.

This deserves is own thread possibly but the Plex app for 360 is now totally free. Thats a use for anyones 360 gathering dust. Going to use the old phat one with the broken tray and the remote on the upstairs TV.

This deserves is own thread possibly but the Plex app for 360 is now totally free. Thats a use for anyones 360 gathering dust. Going to use the old phat one with the broken tray and the remote on the upstairs TV.

I'm a plex plus sub so I'm using it on the one currently.

The newest update added support for direct playing mkvs this has made a huge difference.

Shouldn't be much longer until it's free on xb1 also

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Evolve is free to play for gold members for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Mickeroo wrote: »

Was looking at this when it first came out, typical I'm working all weekend

• Advertisement

I'll eat my hat if that doesn't go free to play fully in the near future.

I haven't played it since the beta, but from what I gather, its rotten with microtransactions anyway.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'll eat my hat if that doesn't go free to play fully in the near future.

I haven't played it since the beta, but from what I gather, its rotten with microtransactions anyway.

It's not an EA game is it? It's already got heavy discounts in a sale or two if I remember, might go the way of Titanfall.

It's not an EA game is it? It's already got heavy discounts in a sale or two if I remember, might go the way of Titanfall.

its 2k i believe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Woeful game imo when I played the beta

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

I haven't really used plex so is it totally free to stream on your own network from pc to 360? Also could you stream from plex on your phone to 360?

I haven't really used plex so is it totally free to stream on your own network from pc to 360? Also could you stream from plex on your phone to 360?

Yes streams from PC to 360 over the home network, has a nice netflix style interface.

No I don't think the phone version acts as an outright sever like on PC, you can cast from the phone to TV with a chrome cast but the phone is connected back to a server on the PC.

Woeful game imo when I played the beta

Lol, it's free and there's no one on my friends list playing. Dreadful dreary game alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Castle Crashers Remastered is coming out next Wednesday, September 9th on Xbox One. Free if you own the 360 version. Which is nice.

Free if you own the 360 version. Which is nice.
    NIIIIICE one! :D

• Advertisement

Onigiri mmo is out next week and free to play, bad timing for me I'm still on the neverwinter hamster wheel and they have a massive update on wednesday to keep me on the wheel :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement