Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

After 4 months without playing, the Xbox is back on! If anyone wants to add me to laught at how sh*t I am my tag is: shuffles07

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

shuffles03 wrote: »
    After 4 months without playing, the Xbox is back on! If anyone wants to add me to laught at how sh*t I am my tag is: shuffles07

Ill add you..im just as bad..coming from pc gaming I just cant get used to a controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

I'll take 10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Is there a date for backward compatibility. I know there was a few games done but when will it happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Managing a solid few hours this weekend. Finished off Max: Curse of Brotherhood, just about to finish Lego Marvel Heroes, going to scoop up a couple of Limbo achievements later this morning and then load up The Witcher.

Who said newly married life had no frills!! No more wedding to plan, no more stress to be had, just games, games G A M E S ! ! !

(Hears wife waking up in the other room. Quickly kicks empty crisp and Malteser packets under the coach and ties shoe laces......dammit I don't have laces)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I've been laughing at this gif for most of the week. There are some really funny ones out there.

Wonder what happens when he presses cloud :D

2545563-0159514961-kitta.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Is there a way to increase the volume on the covert forces controller

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

stuchyg wrote: »
    Is there a way to increase the volume on the covert forces controller

You can change it by going to settings, then Devices & accessories

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Ubisoft teasing on their Mexican FB page.

I wouldn't mind playing Driver, loved the first 2!

rR3eFkI.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Man i hope they release GRAW 2 instead of the first one.Pistols only matches ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Hadn't played the xbox one in almost 2 weeks so turned it on last night and had a 256mb update. Usually updates in a few minutes but took about 45 minutes or more. Finally finished and i checked the download speed. 53mb as it is usually....

Left the xbox on instant on last night to download some demos and woke up this morning to find only 5gb or so downloaded! I downloaded about 35gb overnight about a month ago so dunno what the story is! Internet on all other devices is fine, the internet test on the xbox comes up with no issues and online multilayer plays lag free.

Confused....

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Colemania wrote: »
    Hadn't played the xbox one in almost 2 weeks so turned it on last night and had a 256mb update. Usually updates in a few minutes but took about 45 minutes or more. Finally finished and i checked the download speed. 53mb as it is usually....

Left the xbox on instant on last night to download some demos and woke up this morning to find only 5gb or so downloaded! I downloaded about 35gb overnight about a month ago so dunno what the story is! Internet on all other devices is fine, the internet test on the xbox comes up with no issues and online multilayer plays lag free.

Confused....

There was a big patch for Destiny launched yesterday evening, I wouldn't be surprised if Xbox Live was crippled as a result with all the extra traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There was a big patch for Destiny launched yesterday evening, I wouldn't be surprised if Xbox Live was crippled as a result with all the extra traffic.

To be honest, the only time my xbox internet speeds have slowed down are when there are big xbox updates, be it for console or games, so ya that makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

live doesn't handle bungies patches afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Anyone else pick up the fancy pants edition of Forza 6? The game is such a huge improvement over 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

zero19 wrote: »
    Anyone else pick up the fancy pants edition of Forza 6? The game is such a huge improvement over 5!

Yeah I got the "fancy pants edition" lol.

Absolutely loving it! What a fúcking beautiful game!

Whole game feels so much better than 5

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bodyhead

Quick question, does anyone have a two (XB1) consoles setup? that is two console same location

Trying to get as much info as I can before I take the plunge, I've been 360 player for years Halo, Gears etc... mostly splitscreen Couch Co-Op Campaign stuff

Problem is a lot of the better games are nearly all online multiplayer, I hear the next installment of Halo 5 Guardians is ditching two player.

If anyone has any info

Thanks

bodyhead wrote: »
    Quick question, does anyone have a two (XB1) consoles setup? that is two console same location

Trying to get as much info as I can before I take the plunge, I've been 360 player for years Halo, Gears etc... mostly splitscreen Couch Co-Op Campaign stuff

Problem is a lot of the better games are nearly all online multiplayer, I hear the next installment of Halo 5 Guardians is ditching two player.

If anyone has any info

Thanks

I have consoles set beside each other, what's up?

• Anyone know what today's system update is about?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Anyone know what today's system update is about?

Minor bug fixes, thats all that will happen until threshold drops.

• Advertisement

I have consoles set beside each other, what's up?

Did you have any problems/issues setting it up?

No issues at all. Anything in particular you were worried about and i can double- check.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Amazon seems to be telling me that the elite controller is expected to be delivered on the 22nd of August

wEdJMdF.png?1

Though when I go into it another way it still says no expected delivery date

Edit: I see I left my name up there once, oh well.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it how you want to be able to play with eachother? If you get the games digitally you'll be able to share them across the consoles without having to buy them twice.

No issues at all. Anything in particular you were worried about and i can double- check.

There is one thing, I have UPC Broadband 250Mbs connection coming into the house, would there be any conflict sharing the same IP or do I need to use some sort of NAT?

Thanks

Is it how you want to be able to play with eachother? If you get the games digitally you'll be able to share them across the consoles without having to buy them twice.

Thats the idea, basically to play the same game on both

That was one of my main fears having to buy the game twice, thanks for the info.

Thats the idea, basically to play the same game on both

That was one of my main fears having to buy the game twice, thanks for the info.

As long as you download the game as opposed to buying the disc you'll be fine, just research how to set up game sharing when the time comes. I think you might only need one Xbox Live Gold subscription too, though I'm not 100% sure on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Yep, only one Xbox Live sub is needed for the consoles.

There is one thing, I have UPC Broadband 250Mbs connection coming into the house, would there be any conflict sharing the same IP or do I need to use some sort of NAT?

Thanks

Zero issues with IPs. I have 6 consoles running beside me at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,142 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zero issues with IPs. I have 6 consoles running beside me at the moment.

What the hell do you do :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement