Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Mickeroo wrote: »
    As long as you download the game as opposed to buying the disc you'll be fine, just research how to set up game sharing when the time comes. I think you might only need one Xbox Live Gold subscription too, though I'm not 100% sure on that.

Ya you share gold on the home xbox and then when you sign into the other you still have access to live via your logged in sub. Only potential issue is if xbox live goes down or your home net drops then whoever doesnt have live is out of luck for a bit.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What the hell do you do :D

As little as i can!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

:pac:

Is there a Forza thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,142 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    :pac:

Is there a Forza thread?

Is was wondering the same thing. Tempted to pick this up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The windows 10 Xbox App has been updated with a few solid features there.
    Real-time Friends list presence. Your Friends list will automatically refresh with your friends’ on/offline status and the apps and games in which they’re currently engaged – including whether the game they’re playing can be joined via multiplayer or party.

Real-time Activity Feed updates. No need to hit refresh to see new Activity Feed items; keep the Xbox app open and your Activity Feed will let you know when there are new items to view, comment on, like, or re-share.

Game progress comparison. Feeling competitive? Discover how you stack up against your friends on specific game progress by visiting the Achievements section of your profile and selecting ‘Compare.’ You’ll enjoy a side-by-side comparison of your selected friends’ progress on games you’ve recently played, including game completion percentage, Gamerscore and Achievements earned.

Console text entry. We’re also bringing one of the most requested features from Xbox Feedback to the Xbox app on Windows 10 – the ability to use the Xbox app for text input on Xbox One. You will now be able to use the Xbox app and other inputs compatible with Windows devices – keyboards, touch keypads, and the like – to enter text in search boxes and more on Xbox One.

There'll be a beta App program later this month too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

I've a quick question. I bought Forza 6 on Amazon and today I got an email with a code for a car download for pre ordering. It says it must be a UK registered account that uses the code. Just wondering does the UK and Ireland get treated as one or will this download not work here?

markc1184 wrote:
    I've a quick question. I bought Forza 6 on Amazon and today I got an email with a code for a car download for pre ordering. It says it must be a UK registered account that uses the code. Just wondering does the UK and Ireland get treated as one or will this download not work here?

All codes should be region free AFAIK.

All codes should be region free AFAIK.

Nah, some 5x5 codes are region specific. Won't know if this is until you try it though.

It's a 5x5 code alright. I'll wait until I get the game and see how it goes. I won't lose any sleep over it if it doesn't work. Cheers.

markc1184 wrote: »
    It's a 5x5 code alright. I'll wait until I get the game and see how it goes. I won't lose any sleep over it if it doesn't work. Cheers.

You can maybe try to redeem it here after logging into xbox.com?

https://account.xbox.com/en-IE/PaymentAndBilling/RedeemCode?doRedeem=1&token=

What car was it btw? :)

• Advertisement

You can maybe try to redeem it here after logging into xbox.com?

https://account.xbox.com/en-IE/PaymentAndBilling/RedeemCode?doRedeem=1&token=

What car was it btw? :)

According to the link it is a 2015 Ford Mustang GT, featuring a custom tune and livery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

If my little cousin buys games for his Xbox one in Florida, will they work on his console when he gets home?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

tripperman wrote: »
    If my little cousin buys games for his Xbox one in Florida, will they work on his console when he gets home?

I believe so.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I believe so.

That's ok, wasn't sure thanks very much Mr freeze

tripperman wrote: »

Absolutely, if its his home console and set to "always on" they will even be installed for him when he gets back.

Absolutely, if its his home console and set to "always on" they will even be installed for him when he gets back.

I think he meant he's buying disks

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think he meant he's buying disks

That would make more sense actually - in that case they will definitely work, but he will need to stick the disk in :p

That would make more sense actually - in that case they will definitely work, but he will need to stick the disk in :p

Yeah he is getting disks I can't figure out why ether,

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

According to ign the elite controller will launch on Oct 27 alongside Halo 5 Guardians.

Better start saving so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Best place online to get a 1 month sub instantly?

• Advertisement

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Best place online to get a 1 month sub instantly?

Not what your looking for bit 12 months available for €27 on CD Keys. They also do shorter term codes.

Cheers! Just bought 12 months. Where do I find Games with Gold? Can't see it anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

If only you had amazing google skills like I do. Games With Gold.

If only you had amazing google skills like I do. Games With Gold.

Never mind. The icon just appeared in my home tab after I subbed to live - took 20 mins to appear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

I was only messing btw. 20 mins is actually good. Like you, the deals tab also disappeared last week in my dashboard as it was prompting me to resubscribe to Xbox Gold despite adding 12 months three days earlier.

Here's a great site to bookmark: Storeparser. Updates Xbox One and 360 price cuts in real time, links to the xbox store and graphs previous prices. DigitalGamePrices is another bookmark-worthy page. It compares prices in different Xbox regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

"Game" is a very generous term for Ground Zeroes :pac:

It's basically one very short mission with some side missions.

And over the top credits/cut scenes are par for the course with MGS

Is it worth upgrading a Day One Edition console to the new Elite version? I'll be picking up the new controller anyway but just saw that the new console comes with a 1TB SSD Hybrid. Is the SSD a big jump?

shuffles03 wrote:
    Is it worth upgrading a Day One Edition console to the new Elite version? I'll be picking up the new controller anyway but just saw that the new console comes with a 1TB SSD Hybrid. Is the SSD a big jump?

Not worth upgrading for that alone no. The only difference really is turning on from a power saving mode off to on. Nothing else really loads any quicker including games. You'd be better off putting all your games on an external hard drive and they'd load quicker than the elite with hybrid ssd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »

I'll def buy this. I absolutely loved the first two :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement