Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I've been playing the last 3 days, its a bit repetitive. Hard to get into a session after you finish one game.
    I have to keep backing out and going into Multiplayer each time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I've been playing the last 3 days, its a bit repetitive. Hard to get into a session after you finish one game.
    I have to keep backing out and going into Multiplayer each time

i have been playing also i also found it very slow to get another game
    i'd spend more time waiting for a game than actually playing

but in saying that its enjoyable once you actually get to play it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

deco nate wrote: »
    Anyone playing rainbow six yet? Still waiting for my email /invite... Gutted they are being sent out in waves

I registered for the beta back at the end of July, still no sign of a beta key.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I registered for the beta back at the end of July, still no sign of a beta key.
    The Rainbow 6 sub reddit isn't painting a good picture. Lots like very few have received their keys. Some funny rage posts there also :p

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/

I got 2 keys though one of them seems to be for the PC :/
    If I get another for the xbox, whoever wants it can have it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Anyone played fifa 16 yet?, looking for another game to play and only played a trial of fifa 15 so looking see if its any good?, as I'm holding off on pre ordering the new A.C. after all the problems with unity (which i still havent finished lost all my progress with patches twice), till around Christmas when it might go down in price, so need something in between

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

tripperman wrote: »
    Anyone played fifa 16 yet?, looking for another game to play and only played a trial of fifa 15 so looking see if its any good?, as I'm holding off on pre ordering the new A.C. after all the problems with unity (which i still havent finished lost all my progress with patches twice), till around Christmas when it might go down in price, so need something in between

Theres a demo with a handful of teams available. If you get EA Access, you can play the full game for 10 hours and have access to 14 full games including Fifa 15, Titanfall, Battlefield 4 and more.

-Toppy- wrote: »

I remember I hadn't time to play black flag at release when it came out and I picked it up for 25 in xtra vision sales that Christmas, so might wait for patches and see if I can do that as reviews are sketchy so far,

Theres a demo with a handful of teams available. If you get EA Access, you can play the full game for 10 hours and have access to 14 full games including Fifa 15, Titanfall, Battlefield 4 and more.

I'll try the demo over the weekend, didn't extend my ea access as battlefield or any of the others didn't interest me, only fifa and Madden

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Not good then? Can't access the link in work.

Last one I played was Black Flag, wisely (well according to general consensus) skipped Unity, although I'd take it if it shows up on GWG or PS Plus.

They really need to re-invent AC, even if it turns out to be a great game, if it's more of the same I'll skip it.

Just like Far Cry. Adored Far Cry 3, liked 4 but not as much as 3, too similar. If the inevitable Far Cry 5 turns out to be more of the same it'll be a definite skip for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Not good then? Can't access the link in work.

Last one I played was Black Flag, wisely (well according to general consensus) skipped Unity, although I'd take it if it shows up on GWG or PS Plus.

They really need to re-invent AC, even if it turns out to be a great game, if it's more of the same I'll skip it.

Just like Far Cry. Adored Far Cry 3, liked 4 but not as much as 3, too similar. If the inevitable Far Cry 5 turns out to be more of the same it'll be a definite skip for me.

Weirdly enough, Eurogamer are saying that it's rock solid at all times in their play through, not sure if that's their frame rate guy saying that though.

Ubisoft are a formula company, in that they find a recipe for a game and then stick to it pretty closely over the next few games. I can understand why, development is expensive, but everyone knows the flaws in ass creed for several games now, and they just don't seem to want to risk changing it, even if it might result in a better game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I stopped reading the minute he said he gave Unity an 8/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Never heard of it but apparently it's popular with 6 million subscribers across PC & Android but "Roblox" is coming to Xbox ONE.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/09/24/roblox-helps-you-make-your-own-xbox-one-games

It's like a weird little game where you can create your own games, or play ones other people made.

Here's 1 knock off Dodgeball someone made:

I'll probably play it for a few mins and never touch it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Well I got my key for rainbow six, 2 days in.. 2 days left, I hope they extend it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

deco nate wrote: »
    Well I got my key for rainbow six, 2 days in.. 2 days left, I hope they extend it

They have already extended it to October 1st, if I'm not mistaken.

I noticed last night that they added another mode to it where you can either play by youself where you need to kill between 20 and 40 terrorists, depending on the difficukty level you choose.
    You can also do it with a team of random or your own squad.
    Its a good idea if you just want to get into a game when the multiplayer part is not doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

Anyone have a spare Rainbow 6 Siege beta code going? It would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

simarconi wrote: »
    Anyone have a spare Rainbow 6 Siege beta code going? It would be greatly appreciated

Hey.

I posted all of the codes I had here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RainbowSix/comments/3mdgk1/here_are_some_rainbow_six_siege_beta_codes/

I remove the ones that are used. So please comment which one you use.

Thor wrote: »
    Hey.

I posted all of the codes I had here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RainbowSix/comments/3mdgk1/here_are_some_rainbow_six_siege_beta_codes/

I remove the ones that are used. So please comment which one you use.

Thanks for that man. It said i've already redeemed a code. I signed up a while back but, I still havn't recieved the email with the acual beta code. Why me!?!?!?

• Advertisement

Try completing the field training here https://r6-aot.ubi.com/
    I did it last week and got the code when i finished it, i had forgotten i had already registered and got another code yesterday by email but i've given that to a friend

Try completing the field training here https://r6-aot.ubi.com/
    I did it last week and got the code when i finished it, i had forgotten i had already registered and got another code yesterday by email but i've given that to a friend

Thanks but my laptop charger went kaput the other day and i'm stuck with just my phone atm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

A woman I work with got her kid's christmas presents at lunch today. (****! it's starting already! :eek: ).

Anyway, she got an iPod touch for the girl and a PS4 for the lad. The PS4 was the Destiny package - 500GB PS4 plus Destiny for €339. She priced Destiny plus the X1 as €415 (€350 plus €65).

Now - that got me thinking. Wtf are MS up to? Sony are wiping the floor with them in most markets.

Given they've already given up the ghost on kinect and I saw a report that the vast majority of X1 users never used any of the tv functionality, why couldn't MS rip all the tv ****e out and release a slimmed down console that undercut the PS4?

I got rid of my X1 earlier this year and I totally regret it. But I'm loathe to pay more for an X1 than a PS4. If for nothing else than paying *more* for a less powerful console gets my goat. Still demanding a premium for white elephant features like kinect and tv is BS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Speaking as both a Xbox One and PS4 owner so I'm not a fanboy.

The manufacturer and retailer bundles are always decent value. If she priced an official PS4 bundle versus the One (500GB or 1TB?) on it's own with Destiny added you would expect the PS4 to be cheaper.

Back at the end of August I picked up the One, Rare Replay, Lego Jurassic World and €20 of vouchers in Argos for €360.

EDIT: That was a 1TB Xbox One too.

If they wanted for instance FIFA instead, they could have gotten it and a Xbox1 in Argos for €350. Luck of the draw really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Having had both in our family, I would say if you're looking for value on Xbox then keep an eye on the Xbox Bargain Alerts thread here. Retailers like Argos are putting together ridiculous bundles at the moment (like €399 deal for the 500gb console, fifa 16, forza 6 and an extra controller)

Essentially, on retail prices for the games and the controller, at €70 each for FIFA and Forza and €40 for the controller, the console is only about €220.

All you have to do is add in €25 for EA Access and you'll have another 10-11 full games to keep you company for the next while (excluding FIFA 14 and 15 because the bundle came with FIFA 16) and Battlefield Hardline is coming in October also.

The main thing is shop around, hold your nerve and generally avoid Gamestop when looking for a good deal (but that's just good sense anyway)

quad_red wrote: »
    A woman I work with got her kid's christmas presents at lunch today. (****! it's starting already! :eek: ).

Anyway, she got an iPod touch for the girl and a PS4 for the lad. The PS4 was the Destiny package - 500GB PS4 plus Destiny for €339. She priced Destiny plus the X1 as €415 (€350 plus €65).

Now - that got me thinking. Wtf are MS up to? Sony are wiping the floor with them in most markets.

Given they've already given up the ghost on kinect and I saw a report that the vast majority of X1 users never used any of the tv functionality, why couldn't MS rip all the tv ****e out and release a slimmed down console that undercut the PS4?

I got rid of my X1 earlier this year and I totally regret it. But I'm loathe to pay more for an X1 than a PS4. If for nothing else than paying *more* for a less powerful console gets my goat. Still demanding a premium for white elephant features like kinect and tv is BS.

When both consoles are in a bundle in Argos they both hover around the €350 - €400 mark.

Take one of the deals from a week or 2 ago. Xbox One with Forza 6 and Fifa 16 and an extra controller for €400, that's some value.

Awesome deal considering how much functionality and exclusives are on the Xbox One.

Sony have an exclusive deal with Activision regarding the bundling of Destiny with the PS4 so the same bundle cannot be made by Microsoft.

*less power, pfft :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

The "TV ****e" isn't hardware reliant and is a joint platform team, its not just xbox, so dropping it wouldn't save much (probably 0). The kinect free version is already out also. Ms need to release a cheaper v2 console though, completely agree. As a platform the xbox is way above the ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

The "TV ****e" isn't hardware reliant and is a joint platform team, its not just xbox, so dropping it wouldn't save much (probably 0). The kinect free version is already out also. Ms need to release a cheaper v2 console though, completely agree. As a platform the xbox is way above the ps4.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere during a hardware tear down that the HDMI and associated hardware had a notable impact on the bill of parts.

Anyway - you'd think at the rate they're losing money they'd be keen to roll a cheaper to manufacture revision out?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere during a hardware tear down that the HDMI and associated hardware had a notable impact on the bill of parts.

Anyway - you'd think at the rate they're losing money they'd be keen to roll a cheaper to manufacture revision out?

Ehhh, they aren't losing money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Ehhh, they aren't losing money.

People are quick to jump to conclusions
    The xbox one is selling faster than the 360 did
    http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2015/08/13/ps4-and-xbox-one-are-selling-must-faster-than-ps3-and-xbox-360-did

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement