Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Ehhh, they aren't losing money.

MS aren't selling Xbox one consoles at a loss? Ie. Under the cost of manufacturing them?

I understood that both the X1 and the PS4 were being sold at a loss. That's outside the profits generated by services/software sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

quad_red wrote: »
    MS aren't selling Xbox one consoles at a loss? Ie. Under the cost of manufacturing them?

I understood that both the X1 and the PS4 were being sold at a loss. That's outside the profits generated by services/software sales.
    Nope, the actual cost of manufacturing the components has lowered since 2013. It's probably one of the reasons why we are seing value bundles appear more frequently.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Neither were, or at least they were close to break even at launch. That's generally considered the reason why there hasn't been the huge leap that many were expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

No, not at a loss. In reference to your above post, which i find hard to mutiquote on phone, the extra HDMI in cost was very small. The stereo speaker probably cost more.

Edit: also a lot of time and money spent on win10, I wouldn't expect to see a revised console until after that roll out. Might get news come November maybe.

I don't think we'll see a revised Xbox One for quite some time.

There is a lot of space dedicated to cooling in the Xbox. It keeps the console nice and quiet also due to it being one very large fan.

In saying that I'd buy a hard drive only Xbox If it was available. That would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

In saying that I'd buy a hard drive only Xbox If it was available. That would be nice.

There was rumors of one planned to be released maybe next year at e3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Sounds like Project Spark has been pretty much cancelled... Never got into it myself anyway;

"Some big news I wanted to share with you all out of the Project Spark Community! On October 5, we'll be rolling out the biggest change to our platform. First and foremost, Project Spark will entirely free. All paid content will be unlocked for everyone. We're pivoting from producing DLC and active feature development to encouraging more user generated content and opening up the experience. 3 brand new content packs are also coming on October 5th and will be available for free: Noxious Bog, Complex Primitives, and Dragon's Ascension.

In light of these changes, all players who have purchased Project Spark digital content on or after July 28, 2015, purchased a retail disc and activated it by product key redemption on or after July 28, 2015 or have a remainder balance of purchased in-game tokens will be entitled to Microsoft Store credit equivalent to their money spent. Microsoft Store credits will be awarded automatically to all users within 30-60 days after October 5.

Unfortunately, future work on Conker's Big Reunion episodic content has been cancelled. This was a hard choice for our team but was necessary with our shift in focus."

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Yah Free stuff is now free :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Played that project spark once ages ago. Don't know what to make of it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Played that project spark once ages ago. Don't know what to make of it tbh
    It's a good way to learn coding or game design, assigning roles, properties and reactions to objects and characters and environments.

Personally I didn't have the time to sink into it, but there were some really cool things you could do - even mo-cap for characters using the Kinect.

Having all the DLC as free should mean that the community can get stuck in without any barrier to their imagination. But it does seem that the majority of the dev team have been moved on to different stuff, leaving a skeleton crew behind to manage and maintain the community.

Hopefully it also clears the way for a proper Conker sequel :D

• Advertisement

lol they got to be kidding me. Just received this email from Xbox Live Rewards:

"Hi MiskyBoyy,

Are you ready for some Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege action? You've been selected to receive access to the Closed Beta launching on 24 September! This code will allow you to engage in the art of the siege in this highly anticipated, first-person shooter."

I received this today the 29th ffs :rolleyes:

I have a 25 digit code for this so if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Can I have a code please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Darren 83 wrote: »
    Can I have a code please?

Yeah sure, pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Another beta key here: JWCKH-MTR9D-D6RRF-YHM2C-Y4KHZ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Got the same email as Misky today, so I have a spare code too if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I also got an email if anyone needs one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,789 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'll take one off someone gladly :) I'll try the ones above

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/649014761124941824

Everyone can now have twelve people in party chat apparently.

CatInABox wrote:
    Everyone can now have twelve people in party chat apparently.

Feck that. Bad enough with more than 4!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Feck that. Bad enough with more than 4!

That's cos it's hard to understand you red necks :)

deco nate wrote: »
    That's cos it's hard to understand you red necks :)

Red necks? lol

You're from bray? nearly as bad as the arklow accent I'd say :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Another four codes for Tom Clancy. Beta ends on Oct 4th

JC9KW-GJG4G-PWP3V-YWX7H-XYDXZ
    CD7XV-MDC3F-JQ6Q7-R4HYJ-7KR4Z
    XCTD6-3PT64-XY2XM-QFGCH-VQ23Z
    TTVVT-W6X6H-96KV4-R7VRT-74WDZ

There's not going to be a single player / story mode apparently

Edit : And another....

3FDKQ-VQJYR-KJH42-JC2Q9-QVMVZ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Got the extra codes as well, so if anyone needs one, here they are.

PTYVR-WJ6CD-HVGD2-M3V4X-3H42Z
    9D4G4-R9MQ9-J2Y9C-64FJ9-MD2HZ
    FFWMH-CF2RK-HWRXW-MTDX9-HW4PZ
    9DVDW-YK6Y7-W49K4-WRHCJ-QJ2RZ

These are for the Xbox One directly. So redeem them there and not on Ubisoft's website. So instant access to the beta.

Thor wrote: »
    Got the extra codes as well, so if anyone needs one, here they are.

PTYVR-WJ6CD-HVGD2-M3V4X-3H42Z
    9D4G4-R9MQ9-J2Y9C-64FJ9-MD2HZ
    FFWMH-CF2RK-HWRXW-MTDX9-HW4PZ
    9DVDW-YK6Y7-W49K4-WRHCJ-QJ2RZ

These are for the Xbox One directly. So redeem them there and not on Ubisoft's website. So instant access to the beta.

I used the 9DVDW code.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

If using an external hdd with the One, is it possible to use it for your game-saves, & roam between two consoles using those saves (same account used on both machines)?

Myrddin wrote: »
    If using an external hdd with the One, is it possible to use it for your game-saves, & roam between two consoles using those saves (same account used on both machines)?

All Xbox One game saves are automatically saved to the cloud. So once you start playing on console #2 your gamesave should automatically be there.

"Cloud saves let you play games on multiple consoles. If you have more than one Xbox One console, or if you want to play games at a friend’s house, you can store your saved games in the cloud (on our Xbox Live servers). This way you can continue playing a game on a different console, right from where you left off."

I'm not quite sure what happens if you for some reason have neither consoles connected to the net.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/cloud-game-saves-faq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    All Xbox One game saves are automatically saved to the cloud. So once you start playing on console #2 your gamesave should automatically be there.

"Cloud saves let you play games on multiple consoles. If you have more than one Xbox One console, or if you want to play games at a friend’s house, you can store your saved games in the cloud (on our Xbox Live servers). This way you can continue playing a game on a different console, right from where you left off."

I'm not quite sure what happens if you for some reason have neither consoles connected to the net.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/cloud-game-saves-faq

Cheers Misky, the problem here is Console #1 is fully live and connected, Console #2 however is offline for prolonged periods. So I was wondering if an external hdd might work as a way of keeping game saves current on both machines, if it moves with the player if you get me?

Myrddin wrote: »
    Cheers Misky, the problem here is Console #1 is fully live and connected, Console #2 however is offline for prolonged periods. So I was wondering if an external hdd might work as a way of keeping game saves current on both machines, if it moves with the player if you get me?

Apparently they've gotten rid of saves on external hard drives to cut down on people editing saves.

• Advertisement

Game saves are now associated with profiles/accounts and are stored on MS servers. You can add your profile to any additional Xbox One consoles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement