Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

tried 3 randoms around halfway on the list and they were used. not even gonna try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Tried 4, all gone.

Probably no point trying anymore tbh.

Yeah I've taken image down now :(

Not long anyways, out Thursday, hopefully midnight.

It's absolutely gorgeous, nice and crisp on XB1. I'm very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Is there a way to enter codes through smartglass?

You can use the keyboard on your smartphone through smartglass, it's easier than using the controller to go to each letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Nope which is ridiculous. Maybe with updates soon. I redeemed on xbox.com through mobile browser earlier.

Try using a qr generator and taking a pic of the generated code with your phone, then go to use a code (games, all games, use a code tile). You need a kinect for this by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

You can use the keyboard on your smartphone through smartglass, it's easier than using the controller to go to each letter.

I'd say he means remotely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Thought it might be fun to see other peoples game clips and see what they're getting up to on Xbox these days so I made a thread for it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=97274052 :)

Doesn't have to be anything epic, share anything and everything you might have played, come across in game, or thought was cool. :cool:

How do you put clips up ?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    How do you put clips up ?

I said on the thread best ways to do it.

Probably best if after you record a gameclip, then launch the youtube app on xb1, swipe in the left and upload. You can then go to your youtube video on your pc and share the link/embd it on the gameclip thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Probably best if after you record a gameclip, then launch the youtube app on xb1, swipe in the left and upload. You can then go to your youtube video on your pc and share the link/embd it on the gameclip thread.

But do you have to go use that incredible slow and awkward upload studio app before going to youtube app?

tripperman wrote: »
    But do you have to go use that incredible slow and awkward upload studio app before going to youtube app?

Upload Studio is a lot faster now on NXOE.

But, no, you can go straight to youtube without going near upload studio :)

Upload Studio is a lot faster now on NXOE.

But, no, you can go straight to youtube without going near upload studio :)

When i record a game clip it always sends me into there before uploading to youtube, would have to do with the length of my clips? They could be 4 to 5 minutes long by times, must try setting up the one drive

• Advertisement

When i record a game clip it always sends me into there before uploading to youtube, would have to do with the length of my clips? They could be 4 to 5 minutes long by times, must try setting up the one drive

I've only used it with the regular 30 second "xbox record that" yet. Not the longer recordings. I'll try it out and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Right lads, after a couple of months hiatus. I'll be back in the xbox world in the next few days. Plumped for the Fifa 16 500gb bundle (even though I wanted PES this year!) Still have my 1TB HD with my old downloaded games on it so have loads to catch up on.

If I'm not friends with all of you here, my GT is nicklauski, surprisingly :)

Happy gaming.

nicklauski wrote: »
    Right lads, after a couple of months hiatus. I'll be back in the xbox world in the next few days. Plumped for the Fifa 16 500gb bundle (even though I wanted PES this year!) Still have my 1TB HD with my old downloaded games on it so have loads to catch up on.

Happy gaming.

Cool cool, more people on the xbox forums the better! :D

Added you there: MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Happy gaming.

Will add you aswell!!

GT is FragileDavid1

I've only used it with the regular 30 second "xbox record that" yet. Not the longer recordings. I'll try it out and report back.

No your right does upload to youtube straight without going to upload, must have been my mistakes that out me in upload, it took over an hour to upload a 4 minute clip tho with my average internet connection, so must try the one drive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

No your right does upload to youtube straight without going to upload, must have been my mistakes that out me in upload, it took over an hour to upload a 4 minute clip tho with my average internet connection, so must try the one drive
    if you're on Windows 10 you can use the Xbox app to access your game DVR recordings from the xbox on your PC.

From there you can edit it upload them to wherever you want.

if you're on Windows 10 you can use the Xbox app to access your game DVR recordings from the xbox on your PC.

From there you can edit it upload them to wherever you want.

Thanks I didn't know that, the laptop updated to Windows 10 last month, must try that this evening,

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

Happy gaming.

Just added yourself and Miskyboy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

The RTE player app on the 360, can you watch live on it or is it just catch-up?

Scrapped UPC in favour of an android box which hasn't arrived yet, sussing out options for watching matches later!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

maximoose wrote: »
    The RTE player app on the 360, can you watch live on it or is it just catch-up?

Scrapped UPC in favour of an android box which hasn't arrived yet, sussing out options for watching matches later!

It's only catch up unfortunately, or at least it was during the world cup last year unless they've changed it since then.

Edit: I moved the posts to here as it's the more suitable thread I think.

• Advertisement

Damn. Suppose I can cast a stream from my phone but that would have been handy

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Damn. Suppose I can cast a stream from my phone but that would have been handy

Yeah I find the app pretty pointless without that feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

The Star Wars battlefront beta is up on the Austrailian store, for anyone who is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

I had a look on the first page to see if there is a better place to put this but didn't think there was.

My brother and myself are trying to sort out this Home Share thing. He made his Xbox his and my account's home. He downloaded WWE2K15 the other day. As far as I know, I should be able to just go to My Games and it should be in the Ready To Install list but it's not.

The only way I can download his game is if I set up his user name on my Xbox and sign in as him. I can then sign out again and the game will install but I need to be logged in as him to play it.

Any help would be appreciated. I know there's a lot online about then Home Share option and I've tried reading it but none of what I've read relates to this issue.

Nokotan wrote: »
    He made his Xbox his and my account's home.

There is the problem. His xbox needs to be set as your home, and yours set as his.

Sign into his console as your gamertag - set as home.
    Sign into your console as his gamertag - set as home.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

There is the problem. His xbox needs to be set as your home, and yours set as his.

Sign into his console as your gamertag - set as home.
    Sign into your console as his gamertag - set as home.

Ah, very good. I'll give it a try later.

Cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

You don't even need to do that just go to xboxclips.com and you can view and embed videos from there without uploading anything

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MOD REMINDER:

Just a quick reminder on the Home Sharing guys, Microsoft have only stated that you can use Home Sharing in a house(i.e. Upstairs/downstairs, not long distance).

Despite numerous requests from Boards, they still haven't clarified any other usage, meaning that discussion on how to implement it can leave boards and users open to being sued (partly due to extremely vague, broad Irish laws).

Please restrict discussion of this topic, and if you need a further reminder, please check out the forum charter, which you can find here.

You don't even need to do that just go to xboxclips.com and you can view and embed videos from there without uploading anything

How can you embed xboxclips.com on boards tho?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

The Star Wars beta is opening here at 5pm Irish time. Get into it early using this link to the Australian store. Open the link, change your region to Australia and download as per usual. Note: you'll have to be able to speak fluent Australian.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement